Season 2 taken from Gemstore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

EDIT:

• The living story season 2 is still available in the story journal, but isn’t 20% off.
  • The discount was 20% (1280 instead of the full price of 1600 (320 gem difference)

Hello,

I was just curious if I missed something, but did they take the Living World Season 2 from the Gemstore? I can’t find it anywhere on the gemstore now and I didn’t see any notice before hand that it was going to be taken down.

I checked the patch notes and didn’t see any mention of it and went to check the wiki and didn’t see any notice.

(edited by TheUndefined.1720)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

All our accounts have it unlocked already, so I cannot check. Interesting if it got removed.

TheUndefined.1720

Yeah, I did not have it unlocked, but I cannot find it in the gemstore.

I mean, the obvious answer is yes it did get removed since I can’t find it on there. However, I guess I’m just confused. Season 2 Living Story is game content; at least that’s how I understood the idea of selling that product. So, it was a bit distressing to see that game content isn’t available permanently.

I mean, this isn’t a festival or something, this is a huge chunk of the game.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Go to your story journal. You can buy it from there.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

aw here i was hoping they’d come to their senses and autounlocked it for all HoT purchases

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm…the package deal with 20% discount does seem to be missing from the Gem Store, though one can still purchase individual episodes for 200 Gems each through the Living Story UI.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

aw here i was hoping they’d come to their senses and autounlocked it for all HoT purchases

It would be nice to have a clean cut-off like that. While I do not do LS (the one ep I tried relies more on coordination than good gameplay and lore) it always bugged me that my unlocked episodes start in the 2nd half of a 2-parter.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Hmm…the package deal with 20% discount does seem to be missing from the Gem Store, though one can still purchase individual episodes for 200 Gems each through the Living Story UI.

i don’t think the 20% discount was actually ever a thing. the individual episodes were always 200 apiece, and the price for all 8 of them was 1600 if i recall right.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

I had a “One-Time Per Account” package deal for either 1120 or 1200 gems for all episodes of LS2. I’ve had account since first beta, but skipped 2 years of game, which may be why it was there.

Sucks, I was saving up gold in-game to buy the gems, and had enough, but wanted a bigger pad, and thought the price might even drop pre-expansion. It might pop back up sometime but it’s just fluff anyway.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

i don’t think the 20% discount was actually ever a thing. the individual episodes were always 200 apiece, and the price for all 8 of them was 1600 if i recall right.

It was 1280 for 8 episodes. Less for fewer episodes. Gone now, though.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-14-2015/first#post4975334

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

TheUndefined.1720

Thanks so much for all the info. I’ll update my original post if anyone else clicks this looking for info.

The living story season 2 is still available in the story journal, but isn’t 20% off.

Just a personal note,
I think it’s really frustrating as a customer to not have any sort of warning before they take these deals off. I’m sure their economist see this as an opportunity to strike a sense of compulsory buy, but as a buyer it just makes me angry and honestly not want to purchase anymore of their products.

I feel like this sort of behavior from ANet looks very “sleezy,” “If you don’t buy it now, you could never get another chance!” It sounds exactly how those infomercials act, basically shaming the customer into a purchase. ANet should be better than infomercials.

I understand this criticism is harsh, but I’m honestly very frustrated to see ANet still doing this with their gemstore. Other games may do this and get away with it, but GW2 is a higher caliber game than other MMO’s.

Please WARN your customers before randomly taking down a sale. Just taking sales off without a date is a bad business practice and I have several friends who used to play the game refer to this sort of business practice as one of the reasons why they quit.

(edited by TheUndefined.1720)

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I just bought it a bit ago. Gunna be so steamed if they do a bigger discount / bundle deal. ;_;

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Glad I got mine last week. I had a nagging feeling that I had better get it soon while it was still on sale.

~whew!~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Hornet.6357

Hornet.6357

Not to Hijack your thread, but was the candy corn gobbler also removed?

TheUndefined.1720

No problem at all. I hope you get your info.

Thanks again to those who shared information. Btw, something I didn’t notice, that Gaile post was for an April 14th update. There is no official news about the sale coming back anytime soon.

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

The candy corn gobbler was a halloween event item and was removed when halloween was over. Shouldd be back in a couple months when halloween rolls around again

Posted by: Hornet.6357

Hornet.6357

It was just up yesterday for several hours…. Which imo is too short of a time to see it, and make a decision.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No problem at all. I hope you get your info.

Thanks again to those who shared information. Btw, something I didn’t notice, that Gaile post was for an April 14th update. There is no official news about the sale coming back anytime soon.

The point of the link to the Game Notes (that included Gaile’s post, if that is the post your are referring to) was to show that when added to the Gem Store, the bundle was offered at a discount. Gaile’s post referred to a problem that showed up when the bundle was first released, and subsequently was soon added back into the Gem Store back in April. Nothing to do with this recent removal.

Good luck.

Posted by: MrChuffy.1582

MrChuffy.1582

Anything official on this? Ive been saving for it and was kittened to see it gone, bad enough i had to pay for it in the first place!!!

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

Dang. This sucks. I was waiting until the 3 year anniversary sale to pick this up. (I plan to buy about $50 in Gems around the 28th of this month.)

Maybe I’ll just wait later to buy it? Or maybe at this point we should just skip it since HoT is going forward with the story anwyay… :/