Seasons

Seasons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

The game was just called living world, it was never truly alive sadly.
The idea is great though.

Seasons

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think this would be a good idea as it would help sell the idea ArenaNet is pushing for a “living, breathing world”.

It would also help sell how long the storylines take by changing the maps they take place in. Like if the PS chapters 1 and 2 use the ‘spring’ maps, then chapters 3,4 and 5 use the summer maps, then chapters 6, 7, and 8 use the ‘fall’ maps, it shows that the personal story was based throughout most part of the year.

Having weather forms for each map, with events and spawn changes based on the weather, would be awesome too. For example every 40 minutes there’s an RNG chance per ‘seasonal map’ for various weathers – summer could have options like ‘very dry and hot’ which causes fire elementals/embers to spawn and some put-out-fire based events to trigger, a ‘normal afternoon’ which would be like what we have now, a ‘light rain’ which doesn’t change much but has a drizzle appearance, then ‘heavy thunderstorm’ which causes sparks and air elementals to spawn out of control.

However, the amount of resources it would take to do this is no doubt staggering. So I doubt they’d do it.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Seasons

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I know that it is very difficult to ask. But it would be a great leap for all of Tyria have the seasons: spring, summer, autumn, winter.
I can already see angry shouts that this is not worth doing, but it’s just the idea of the future.

P.S. Return the aurora to the territory of the Norn!

This is in addition to the topic, which I removed, about the environment effect: sliding or freezing on ice , areas with poison gas, killing bosses in another way – for example throw on them giant rock from the mountain (“not direct attack method”) =), and so on…
I delete all my old posts, so read it while it exists.

+1

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Seasons

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Anyone who gets angry over this suggestion is just a troll. Seasonal weather changes would be AWESOME!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Seasons

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

On a slightly side note, I’d like nights to be darker. Feels like daylight all the time. Just an opinion of course…

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up