Second Birthday vs First Birthday

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SubAce.9863

SubAce.9863

I’m curious if it’s just me or if the second birthday for GW2 has been anticlimactic compared to first birthday for others? I have been busy lately and not able to play much so it’s quite possible I’m missing some content. But last year when I logged in on the birthday it was Scarlet messages every hour and people were super into organizing groups and getting into these world events. I logged in today and I did not experience anything like that.

So in all honesty what gives? Am I missing something? Entirely a possibility as I said I have not been able to play much as late. (Darn work). But I was looking forward to some fun activities for GW2 second birthday and was kinda let down.

Now if I am completely missing these large scarlet like events do please correct me. I would love to get in on some of that fun!

80 Ranger DH Abyss

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Scarlet’s events had nothing to do with the birthday, they had to do with the living story. At any rate, if there is some sort of patch or update, it won’t be till Tuesday. Remember the game didn’t officially launch until the 28th.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

The 1st birthday was not tied to Scarlet’s invasion, it just happened to be the same time. Tbh they could have easily delayed the story till after the 1st birthday and it would have made just as much sense.

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

There is a Birthday vendor in LA , Think the reward will be there.

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Comes in the mail. Have 4 gifts so far (was headstart)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

One thing you have to remember about “Birthdays” is that you receive the gift on a characters birthday and not on the games “Birthday”. I know I for one never expected any new content(like Scarlett) for the 2nd B-day or even to mark the 2nd anniversary for GW2.

What we get for B-days has to be something that is not time sensitive like a content update. What we get are items like skill scrolls, minipets, boosters and the blaster.

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

Yup, same here, 4 gifts.
got some sort of unique pistol or something… not sure about it.
a scroll for 5 skill points, insta 20 lvl, birthday achievement, and birthday booster

Posted by: SubAce.9863

SubAce.9863

Scarlet’s events had nothing to do with the birthday, they had to do with the living story. At any rate, if there is some sort of patch or update, it won’t be till Tuesday. Remember the game didn’t officially launch until the 28th.

I see now thanks for the info. I thought there was an organized effort to have some large super awesome event for the anniversary. Because those scarlet events were super awesome and just happened to coincide with the birthday I was a bit confused on that. I also forgot that the official launch was the 28th so perhaps there is more around the corner?

Thanks!

80 Ranger DH Abyss

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I agree, I wish we had some sort of birthday event.

It doesn’t have to be something within the lore, as that doesn’t make sense.

But as I mentioned last week, it would be nice if we had a Birthday Buff week where everyone in the game had increased stats.

+50% exp, karma, WXP, e.t.c.

yes, we have the gun but that is cumbersome..

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I think the present is more useful this time; mostly the blaster has a use as opposed to 6+ Queen Jennahs. Booster was always welcome, skill point scroll is fine. But another 20 scroll is just meh. Overall, it didn’t exceed my expectations (which were set pretty low since last year) but it was a little better then last year in my eyes.

I do think the vendor has a greater purpose surely. It would be nice if there was an anniversary mini-event/celebration just for the sake of it. Doesn’t have to be some glamorous thing, just an acknowledgement in game and maybe some activities/boosts. I guess you could count the gem store sale, but that doesn’t really stand out more then usual.

Posted by: Ksog.2563

Ksog.2563

I really hope for a small event, with maybe 1-5 achievements. Maybe just on the day 28. To mark 2 years and celebrate all the money we still are pouring into Arena Net :-)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it’s about time they updated the scroll, only for lvl -20 is almost useless after playing the game for 2 years.
make them rise 10 levels at each time at lvl 20 and above, then it’s useful at any given time.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Disagree….they need to make them +20 LVLS or skill points….period.

…..and backdate the change so I can use the 8 I have in the bank now…

…at the VERY LEAST let the 1st year and 2nd year ones STACK!

I’d be happy if we could trade the +20 starting Level ones for the +5 skill point one.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances