Seems Everyone doesnt like thier class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostaneous.6790

Frostaneous.6790

So Ive been gone for awhile. Like a year or so. I was looking at playing again. So I went on the forums for each of my classes that I play the most. Eng and Guardian. It seems everyone says they are now usesless….so I went to some other forums…everyone hates every class. Sounds like typical MMO stuff. So my question is.. are the classes that messed up or typical MMO banter.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I’ve mained guardian, and only guardian since I started playing, and I can tell you that anet may be afraid to really change guardian. It’s been basically the same since launch. They only make minor changes to the profession, and I really wish they would address issues such as spirit weapons sucking

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

How did you determine that “everyone” in this game hates their classes just by reading a few forums? You do realize that most of the happy players that enjoy the game don’t even post to the game forums, yes?

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s typical mmo banter. I am very happy with my classes. Sure I’d like some improvements here and there, but that’s perfectly natural.

Certainly don’t think things are broken though. As Teon says, most people who are happy will be in the game.

Posted by: Defora.3694

Defora.3694

This is pretty normal for official forums. People who have something to complain will complain it here since developers are here… and all the build ideas etc will be easily lost to those complains.

I usually go to http://www.guildwars2guru.com/ to get build ideas. Guild Wars Guru was also around during original Guild Wars, when there was no official forums, so site has long history.

People there are very crafty with builds/professions.Min-maxers etc are there and they also tend to post their stuff to here too at some point.

Necromancer | Elementalist | Mesmer | Thief || Gandara

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

From what i’ve gathered on the forums, every class is useless and underpowered but they’re all overpowered and godly at the same time.

Some people like to complain instead of think they might be playing the wrong class. They could also be like me and play multiple classes except I don’t post on all class subforums.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

So my question is.. are the classes that messed up or typical MMO banter.

Its typical game forums doomsaying. Also if you just got back in a lot of people are trying new builds and traits after the patch this week. Give your old classes a shot first and then go from there. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: luckyny.7468

luckyny.7468

My level 24 thief is even better after patch.

Posted by: Alekero.4679

Alekero.4679

Well i was playing as rifle engi with bereserker stuff…and now its gone xD
I was loving it really but now (after patch) i realized that im dying very fast, before killing an enemy. Yeah maybe its good idea to nerf some zerkers but i started to play with rifle since early access and dont give a hood to condi. builds…and it was really good for rifles to wear a zerker gear.
Well same old dance at all…ty anet!

Co-founder Thesaurum Venatores
Now high rank government employee of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russia.
Leader of “We Seek Revenge”community with 200+ppl at over 3 big MMO projects.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I like all my classes just fine. I’ve tried them all except Engineer and Necro, thus far.

But, I’m a ‘much’ more casual player, with respect to content type, style, expectations, meta-gaming, etc than many.

I mostly get bent out of shape over frilly things.

So, other than asking people for help about a class, you won’t see me posting in the forums about how I hate my class(es), because it’s not something I’m passionate about. I’m sure that’s true for many people.

I have no science to back this up, but posting is ‘usually’ about:

1. Asking a question.
2. Answering a question.
3. Complaining about something (yes, I have my own peeves!).
4. Responding to other complaints that are the same as yours.
5. Responding in opposition to posts that someone else complained about, and feel the opposing view should be heard, lest someone take the crazy people seriously! :p

Other than that, happy people generally don’t post. Sometimes after a patch or living story to say how much they enjoyed the new content, but I bet you don’t see much of that in a class forum.

So assuming that’s all true, by definition, most of what you’ll see is negative content in the class forums.

And sometimes it’s game specific. I play another game as well as this game and the forum environment is ‘totally’ different, as is the way the development team interacts with the community. If you post ‘why’, you will be given an answer, regardless as to whether you like the answer or not. You’ll also get a pretty clear idea as to how everyone else feels about it. And they ask for our opinion and help a lot in designing and testing new things.

Goes a long way.

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

I just started playing PvP for the first time really last night as a Guardian.
I had a blast!
Although new to the PvP scene, I was able to stand my ground and defend points like a boss.
I was also easily able to assist my teams in changing the tides of battle while capping point. Although I lost 3 of the 6 games I played, I would definitely say I will continue to play and love my Guardian in PvP.

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

So Ive been gone for awhile. Like a year or so. I was looking at playing again. So I went on the forums for each of my classes that I play the most. Eng and Guardian. It seems everyone says they are now usesless….so I went to some other forums…everyone hates every class. Sounds like typical MMO stuff. So my question is.. are the classes that messed up or typical MMO banter.

I love my warrior, and my mesmer.

Teon.5168

I love my warrior, and my mesmer.

Well, since some of the class love is actually starting to be posted…….

I love my ranger, mesmer, and guardian. I also am developing a much stronger ‘bond’ for my upcoming ele, engineer, and warrior. Haven’t really tried a necro or thief much, yet.

All the classes that I am currently playing have their own particular strengths and weaknesses, which is what makes them so fun to play, imo. I am really glad that the new patch has added on the fly trait adjustments, as that allows even more and faster customization and experimentation. Been spending quite a bit of time lately in WvW, and my ranger is a kick there…..but am also looking forward to trying out my other big boys there. I also enjoy PvE a lot(also like the megaserver…there are a lot of real people in a lot of the lands, again!)…..have a wife that enjoys the game, and we are part of a really good guild that does lots of stuff together.

I consider myself a casual player…..I don’t have to be min/maxed to have fun….I can play my characters just fine whether they have basic, fine, rare, or exotic gear. Sure, I make lots of mistakes and die from time to time, but that’s all part of the fun. I might eventually get some ascended or legendary stuff, but that’s not very important to
me or the fun I have with my characters.

Sure, changes happen. Things/classes get buffed/nerfed/etc…….if you have played mmorpgs for any length of time whatsoever, you come to expect those types of changes to take place as you play……and you adapt as best you can.

When it gets to the point that the changes get to be too aggravating, and the fun quotient starts going down the tubes, no matter your playstyle, then it’s time to move on to a game that’ll bring that smile to your face again. I have done it with several mmorpgs that I used to love in the past………it’s not a very difficult and/or earth shattering experience.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Love seven of the eight professions that I play. I fully acknowledge that the reason that I don’t care for #8 is a failure of my play style, and not the profession itself (thief, in case you were wondering).

Teon.5168

Love seven of the eight professions that I play. I fully acknowledge that the reason that I don’t care for #8 is a failure of my play style, and not the profession itself (thief, in case you were wondering).

I am in agreement on that class. I played a thief until around level 25 a while back, and just never got into it much…..had everything to do with my playstyle and not the class.
I might trying doing one again, once I have 80s of everything else.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I am in agreement on that class. I played a thief until around level 25 a while back, and just never got into it much…..had everything to do with my playstyle and not the class.

Exactly the same for me. Really struggling at this level and I know it can’t be the class itself since others managed get on alright!!

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Exactly the same for me. Really struggling at this level and I know it can’t be the class itself since others managed get on alright!!

Try D/D and spam 3 over a group of mobs to deal AoE-damage whilst evading. Death Blossoms spam got me to 80 with hardly getting a scratch, it’s not the way to play at 80, but if I’d level her again, I’d still level her like this. Sw/P is a strong option if you prefer to level like you’d play at 80. Keep up the blinding field from #5 and auto-attack (cleaves, yay!) with the occasional #3 for the Evade. Thieves get a lot stronger once they get their gear/traits.

I’m also very happy with all of the 8th classes. No MMO will ever have perfect classes with perfect balance, I highly doubt it’s even possible. Every class will have their strongsuit and weak points and that will lead to classes going in and out of flavour.

As for the OP, I personally think Guardian is still amazing for PvE, you have a decent Blind-uptime on trash, Reflects, Aegis, Stability, Condition Cleanses, whenever they’re needed you’re there to provide them.

Engineer is still one of the stronger classes in WvW with heal-bombs zerging (or even just Grenade Spamming for loots) or as a Condi-roamer. Quite sure in sPvP/WvW topics people will complain how strong there are, whilst the class-forums cry how weak they are.

Posted by: Pleurodesed.7625

Pleurodesed.7625

I play guardian, my build was nerfed only slightly because of vigor internal cooldown being raised from 5 to 10.

On the other hand I play greatsword staff, so adding two more sigils make the change an overall buff. I can’t complain. I still consider my build borderline broken OP.

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I am definitely still loving my Necromancer, and I actually somehow feel more powerful than I did before. Even better.

Posted by: FunnyCide.5426

FunnyCide.5426

I main a necro and love playing her. My upcoming ele is definitely going to be a contender for play time as well.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Necro is the worst class in PVE right now.

No DPS, condi damage sucks

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

I love my ranger. That said, they need some changes to the entire ranged side of the class. I play a ranger for range, not melee.

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

Also, I have to argue against this. I run with a lot of necros and they all seem to do as well as anyone else. Rangers on the other hand are actually refused in pve.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Class forums are an echo chamber of people making it seem as if they are the worst class in the game, in competition with the other class forums. In hopes the devs base their balance off who whines the most.

Which is scary when you think about it, GW2 has no core testers (probably not even staff testers). So I think a lot of the decisions are based of forum feedback.

Posted by: Dphorak.7496

Dphorak.7496

My level 22 thief main (yes, I know I am late to the party) is still a lot of fun, but would be more fun if I had the 12 trait points I would have had under the old system

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Also, I have to argue against this. I run with a lot of necros and they all seem to do as well as anyone else. Rangers on the other hand are actually refused in pve.

Rangers are one of the top classes in PvE because no one else can provide spotter and frost spirit, necro on the other hand offers absolutely nothing, everything a necro can do other classes can do significantly better.

Rangers have no reason to complain at all, if you think your ranger underperforms in PvE you are simply using it wrong, and that’s not a balance issue.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Guardian is still OP everywhere, just like always. How can people not like them, unless it simply is not fun?

I, personally, love my class. Even with the nerfs we receive it still remains fun. My second choice, Ele, is still incredibly fun and satisfying.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Generally, people don’t like change. This balance patch is really frustrating because it causing a lot of grief. The more you are invested in the game with a lot of characters, high end gear, multiple accounts, etc. it just get’s worse and worse. Because the cost of changing every character’s build is timely and expensive. Let alone having to research all the changes, chasing the traits, etc.

If you have disposable cash to blow a couple hundred on buying gems to convert to gold then this patch isn’t bad at all.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

@ OP: GW2 just had a major feature patch applied, which has seriously changed a lot of core mechanics, so I’m not sure anyone in the community can appropriately answer for the post-patch GW2. BUT speaking for pre-April 15th:

I think most of the forum posts are just typical MMO stuff. I have an 80 in every profession except Engineer, which I am still leveling. My main is an Elementalist, which is a class that I’ve felt has needed improvements for a very long time but I still thoroughly enjoy. My sPvP main, a ranger, feels nerfed since the patch but we will see how things develop. Before April 15th, my personal opinion is that ele, ranger, and necro could use some improvements to be more competitive (although if you really know the classes well you can still kick major…you know) while thieves, guardians, warriors, and mesmers (especially in PvP) were quite solid. Again, I’m not qualified to comment on Engi.

Time will tell whether the current complaints about professions, after a patch balance, are justified in any way, but up until recently I think you could find lots of fans for each profession, and lots of naysayers, and the truth was somewhere in between.

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

Well i was playing as rifle engi with bereserker stuff…and now its gone xD
I was loving it really but now (after patch) i realized that im dying very fast, before killing an enemy. Yeah maybe its good idea to nerf some zerkers but i started to play with rifle since early access and dont give a hood to condi. builds…and it was really good for rifles to wear a zerker gear.
Well same old dance at all…ty anet!

Zerker still rains… and I love my Rifle Engi more after this patch.

I find my surviability is up. Strip your build down and rethink a bit might be in order.

Try out the new throw turret + gadgeteer trait. It applies an aegis to you every time you throw it. Its a great knockback anyway… and the tool belt skill (minefield) will now strip up to 5 boons.

I also never went a full 30(6 now I guess) into tools before… so honestly I replaced most of the Crit dmg I lost in the nerf anyway. With the added aegis and making good use of the knock back to interupt I am really really loving it.

To the OP… Its the first couple days after a major game change that nerfed a bunch of stuff and changed a lot more. Lots of people are going to have to strip there builds down and rethink… and people seem to hate to have to do that in MMOs. I love it myself… and this patch has been great… I love my engi more then before I think they got the best new trait line up. I don’t think any class got ruined though… I haven’t worked my way through all my alts yet but I suspect I am going to find fun builds with all of them.

Teon.5168

Rangers are one of the top classes in PvE because no one else can provide spotter and frost spirit, necro on the other hand offers absolutely nothing, everything a necro can do other classes can do significantly better.

Rangers have no reason to complain at all, if you think your ranger underperforms in PvE you are simply using it wrong, and that’s not a balance issue.

Obviously this is just your opinion, and not fact, as at least a few people here disagree with you. I would imagine that there are at least a few in game who also disagree with your opinion.

It’s all about if you have fun with your character and if you feel effective in the game.
Just because you think a class sucks or rocks doesn’t make it fact……just makes it your opinion.

Have a nice day!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Launch player here. Love all the classes, only one I dont really play is Necro and theres really no reason I dont, just never got into it. Mesmer is my fav but ele is right there with it. currently leveling my 9th 80, a new ele human

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I like my warrior/elementalist/engineer/thief. I don’t really dislike the rest but there aren’t enough hours in a day to play all of them and not enough roles to fill. Mesmer might be closest to “doesn’t like” because I haven’t found any trait set ups that I like and also because I really prefer my GW1 mesmer instead.

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence where there are better players than you.

Posted by: Queen Kiearha.9873

Queen Kiearha.9873

I believe we all loved our classes until Anet messed
Up crit damage and didn’t let us re roll our gear
Because of this huge mistake. Now in order to for us
to love our classes again we have to grind for months
for the right gear trinkets runes etc…
I think we should all stop buying gems until Anet
Gives us a new patch or a armor, trinket and
rune re roll, or fix their mistake . Furocity!?
Flush furocity down the toilet.
Crit from 8k to 5k. 10%? Stop lying to us Anet

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have all classes, all at 80, NONE are useless. Some people just want their favourite class to be better than everyone else’s is all. That or they can’t figure out how to beat certain other classes in PvP so they come to the forums and cry their class is lame and others are OP.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Spiuk.8421

Obviously this is just your opinion, and not fact, as at least a few people here disagree with you. I would imagine that there are at least a few in game who also disagree with your opinion.

Sorry mate, math is not an opinion.

+750 extra precision
+7% party wide damage (up to a ridiculous +12% if stacking with non-traited FS)

Only a ranger can bring those two things, just like only a warrior can bring banners.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I love my L80 Mesmer. I can carry my own in open world PvE, I’m a valuable asset in most dungeons, and it is just plain fun to play.

The Burninator

Teon.5168

+750 extra precision

Only a ranger can bring those two things, just like only a warrior can bring banners.

Sorry, I should have been clearer….I was disagreeing with the Necro comment mainly.

Although, where the heck are you coming up with the +750 extra precision a ranger supposedly gets? I fail to see what sort of math you’re using to come up with that number. I must be doing something incredibly stupid on my Ranger, like running naked, as I get nowhere near 750 more precision than any other character….lol….if I did, I would be one shotting just about everyone….lol……and then everyone would be running rangers in WvW….lol.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Guardians are very, very stale, and the Grandmaster traits we were given this feature pack patch are ridiculous.

Those Grandmaster traits are just what racial utilites and elites are, joke abilities that no one would use anywhere for competitive playing or maximum effectiveness. They are only for silly builds to joke around with and have a gag about, nothing more.

Guardians are far from useless. Guardians are probably the most used profession everywhere. But it’s so stale and so boring it’s sad.

Guardians still have their problems with bugs, bad synergy with traits, and underperforming weapon abilities, as well as useless signets and spirit weapon utilities.

Teon.5168

I love my L80 Mesmer. I can carry my own in open world PvE, I’m a valuable asset in most dungeons, and it is just plain fun to play.

Agreed. Mesmers are a ton of fun to play.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Zyst.3514

Zyst.3514

Thing is, you’re talking about a specific ranger build. Theres other kinds of rangers that (ppl who say they suck) ppl are playing. Theres the bearbow sitting back with a longbow and never dodging. Theres the ppl who use axe and draw aggro from everything neutral in the zone but then cant handle fighting a group. Theres the signet rangers who just want to plink away at things w/ auto attack. Theres trap rangers who can’t always bring frost spirit. (but maybe they will if you ask them, and they do provide support to party in other ways)
Thing with spotter also, it has to compete with longer LB range, piercing arrows, that 2nd slot of marksman is a very busy one.
I can agree though, if you find a ranger who’s using spotter and frost spirit, or can switch, you’ve found a good member for your party. But you cant force everyone to play the class your way, which is what I fear this update might bring. (change your build to xxx now or we kick you!!!) It’s just not fun anymore, at that point.

Ranger main, no matter what nerf bat they hit us with!
SF guild on Jade Quarry.
Fav pet; Reef Drake

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Oh no I love engineer, it’s one of the most diverse classes I’ve ever played anywhere but there are some serious problems.

1. Inconsistant cooldowns for pickingup and turningoff turrets.
  2. Turret weakness. (all pet weakness really)
  3. niche builds which force you to use only certain maxed out lines to achieve items that give you boons even after this patch.
  4. Traits that are terrible, like the tiny mines that hardly do any damage (that I originally was in love with the concept for until I saw how terrible they were) that totally take up the slot we absolutely have to have for Modified Ammo in the same line.
  5. Horrible horrible downed state skills that have yet after 2 years to be updated!

Those are just a few examples of things that make us wonder if people are actually thinking about what they are doing over there or if someone is just saying “oh we’ll just throw this in there any old way they’ll love it”.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Spiuk.8421

+750 extra precision

Sorry, I should have been clearer....I was disagreeing with the Necro comment mainly.

Although, where the heck are you coming up with the +750 extra precision a ranger supposedly gets? I fail to see what sort of math you’re using to come up with that number. I must be doing something incredibly stupid on my Ranger, like running naked, as I get nowhere near 750 more precision than any other character....lol....if I did, I would be one shotting just about everyone....lol......and then everyone would be running rangers in WvW....lol.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spotter

Why would you comment on a class you know absolutely nothing about?

It seems like a terrible idea to me...

Thing is, you’re talking about a specific ranger build.

The same applies to any other class, when some says Eles wreck everything they are reffering to zerker FGS/LH/Staff eles, not some guy running around in clerics gear being useless.

Rangers are perfectly balanced in PvE, if you don’t know how to properly play one (or just don’t want to) that’s fine, but you can’t blame the class for it.

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Teon.5168

+750 extra precision

Sorry, I should have been clearer….I was disagreeing with the Necro comment mainly.

Although, where the heck are you coming up with the +750 extra precision a ranger supposedly gets? I fail to see what sort of math you’re using to come up with that number. I must be doing something incredibly stupid on my Ranger, like running naked, as I get nowhere near 750 more precision than any other character….lol….if I did, I would be one shotting just about everyone….lol……and then everyone would be running rangers in WvW….lol.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spotter

Why would you comment on a class you know absolutely nothing about?

It seems like a terrible idea to me…

Thing is, you’re talking about a specific ranger build.

The same applies to any other class, when some says Eles wreck everything they are reffering to zerker FGS/LH/Staff eles, not some guy running around in clerics gear being useless.

Rangers are perfectly balanced in PvE, if you don’t know how to properly play one (or just don’t want to) that’s fine, but you can’t blame the class for it.

Like I said, I might be doing something incredibly stupid on my Ranger.

Just in case you didn’t read your own post, you said +750 precision…..not +150. HUGE difference. When you’re bragging about your ‘math’ skills, it usually helps to type in the correct number, or something that is at least close to it.

And I do just fine in WvW, thank you, without spotter, on my ‘know nothing’ build. Also did just fine leveling in PvE on my Ranger. I found that I wanted more survivability since I was mainly playing pve with my wife…..as I usually ended up being the tank/agro. Spotter would have ended up not working as well as a more durable build, imo, especially for the way my wife and I play the game.

My sincere apologies for not playing the build that you seem to think is the ideal build. Once again, it’s only your opinion.

Have a wonderful day!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Teon.5168

Thing is, you’re talking about a specific ranger build. Theres other kinds of rangers that (ppl who say they suck) ppl are playing. Theres the bearbow sitting back with a longbow and never dodging. Theres the ppl who use axe and draw aggro from everything neutral in the zone but then cant handle fighting a group. Theres the signet rangers who just want to plink away at things w/ auto attack. Theres trap rangers who can’t always bring frost spirit. (but maybe they will if you ask them, and they do provide support to party in other ways)
Thing with spotter also, it has to compete with longer LB range, piercing arrows, that 2nd slot of marksman is a very busy one.
I can agree though, if you find a ranger who’s using spotter and frost spirit, or can switch, you’ve found a good member for your party. But you cant force everyone to play the class your way, which is what I fear this update might bring. (change your build to xxx now or we kick you!!!) It’s just not fun anymore, at that point.

At least there is one person here who realizes that other players play different builds that they find enjoyable, instead of someone’s idea of the perfect build being the only way to play that class.

Good post, Zyst.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I would agree that is sad that only one build is “good enough” for speed runs, but so be it-just don’t group with speed runners (unless they are friendly/open-minded) when you want to play the other possible builds.

That said, people that would “force” you to change your build after the patch would have required your Ranger to meet their prerequisites before joining before so while there may be a difference, it may not be a big deal all things considered.

Engineers are in a similar boat. Honestly I just make my own groups and ignore the speed clear meta for the most part, save for some clever tactics. If the game turns I to a sheer mathematical equation (arguing over the slightest %) it stops being fun to me, so I play whatever is fun AND is effective (though the latter is not necessarily tied to math for me, personally.)

Lots of people have fun min maxing everything, though, so instead of belittling them, I just avoid those groups.

Spiuk.8421

Just in case you didn’t read your own post, you said +750 precision.....not +150. HUGE difference. When you’re bragging about your ’math’ skills, it usually helps to type in the correct number, or something that is at least close to it.

Woah... ok, lets just go back to the basics:

150 x 5 = ???

Teon.5168

150 to each player in the group……..I was looking at it as what it gives to a single player, not everyone totalled. You could say the same about any ability that grants abilities to allies. Oh my gosh, he gives x power total to the group, or she gives massive x total healing to group.

Probably comes from you running in speed groups where I run in a 2 player PvE group with my wife. If I had spotter, I would only do 150, as I only have one player with me.
If I ran with 5 other players in PvE, then yea, I would probably be more likely to run spotter. I don’t run it in WvW, as I mainly play ranged support to the zerg.

Hope I am making myself clear how I am looking at it as 150, while you’re looking at it as 750.
I came back rudely about the ‘math skills’ because of your rude comment about me knowing nothing about a ranger, just because I don’t run your build.

Again, that particular build doesn’t work well for me and the way I enjoy playing.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

In every forum, for every class, for every MMORPG.. there’s going to be at least one person you simply can’t please. Granted, I have my gripes about some classes but I can cope and I still enjoy playing.

As much as I would hope that people could be objective and deal with some aspects of the game as it is, that’s not how the world works. Some people can’t figure out how to be successful and instead of changing their approach or playing something else, they ask the developer to change the game to suit them.