Selectable rewards from achievement chests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

I’m kind of tired of getting a bunch of useless (for me) PvP stuff exclusively in my achievement chests.

I think selectable rewards are much better, and are already implemented in other areas, so wouldn’t be much to put in here.

I don’t do PvP of any sort, and don’t like having to take the time to destroy all the junk (since you also wont let us sell it to someone who might want it). This includes boosters etc as well as the box of armor, blueprints, etc. Also seems like kind of a ripoff for pure PvE folks to not get a box of goodies, extra tokens to spend, or whatever.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Save those PvP gear! ANet is merging PvP and PvE rewards in the near-future, and one of the devs said to hold onto them because you’ll be able to salvage them. (No idea on what they’ll salvage into after the change, but you’ll be kicking yourself if they all salvaged into Ecto/Dark Matter/inscriptions/insignia.)

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Considering PvP skins are only skins I think it would be impossible to salvage a carrion insignia or berserker inscription (or any other nomenclature) when those stats aren’t even present on those items.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yes, but who knows? Perhaps the PvP skins will be given a “default” stat spread, or a selectable stat spread matched to the stats offered by the dungeon merchants. And even if they don’t, as Exotic items, who’s to say they won’t be salvageable for Ectos/Dark Matter? Or maybe we could even vendor them for a decent bit of coin.

Bottom line is the devs have told us to hang onto them, so I’m just spreading the word.

Posted by: TrinityX.4579

TrinityX.4579

The boxes contain a variety of items to get people interested in things they might normally never explore, such as WvW and sPvP. Are you really complaining about free stuff not being useful enough? Just store it and if you ever feel like playing a certain mode you’ll have a bunch of stuff to start with.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gee, you can salvage the armor now. Just buy a PvP salvage kit. You can put the salvaged materials into the MF for things you do like, or sell. You can also sell, or upgrade, the blueprints, etc. Not to mention skins from PvP are supposed to become usable in PvE soon, in some way.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m kind of tired of getting a bunch of useless (for me) PvP stuff exclusively in my achievement chests.

I think selectable rewards are much better, and are already implemented in other areas, so wouldn’t be much to put in here.

In this case PvP rewards are an “extra” for PvE players. If you had a selectable option here, it would let you chose between “PvP chest” and “no PvP chest” only, you would not get anything PvE specific as a replacement.
And in a way, you already have that option – you can access it by deleting the chest as soon as you get it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

PvP skins are going to be transferable to PvE soon. So hold onto those.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

You can salvage those PvP skins and get lucky essences or even materials that can be used to create unidentified dyes, both useful in PvE.
In the worst case scenario you can wear those skins and look better at events that switch you to PvP skin, like Keg Brawl, Crab toss and etc …

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Save those PvP gear! ANet is merging PvP and PvE rewards in the near-future, and one of the devs said to hold onto them because you’ll be able to salvage them. (No idea on what they’ll salvage into after the change, but you’ll be kicking yourself if they all salvaged into Ecto/Dark Matter/inscriptions/insignia.)

During the stream where they mentioned that they said the salvaged items will turn into junk items you can sell to vendors for gold. No mention how much gold though.
Should be somewhere in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgbxrtCvJLk