Selecting Homeworld

Selecting Homeworld

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaptaink.5913

Kaptaink.5913

I am new to GW2. Friends of mine talked me into buying it. They are on a server that is full. I, being new, am curious as to whether or not it is possible to make a character on a full server, i.e. do the populations of a server limit creation of new characters all together or is this something that fluctuates with the current population of people logged into that server. Also if it is possible that a server with a full status changes, am I required to restart the game all together in order to refresh the server selection list for primary homeworld?

Selecting Homeworld

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

You can join a server with a full status, however you will need to wait until off peak times. (i.e. late at night, or early morning). However the homeworld selection doesn’t mean anything except for World vs. World vs. World. And as you are just starting out, you probably won’t start getting into that much later. For open world stuff (i.e. Player vs. Environment, PvE) you don’t need to be on the same server as your friends. You can play together regardless of server and be able to do everything as if you were on the same server. This includes guilds and everything that goes with them.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Selecting Homeworld

Kaptaink.5913

You can join a server with a full status, however you will need to wait until off peak times. (i.e. late at night, or early morning). However the homeworld selection doesn’t mean anything except for World vs. World vs. World. And as you are just starting out, you probably won’t start getting into that much later. For open world stuff (i.e. Player vs. Environment, PvE) you don’t need to be on the same server as your friends. You can play together regardless of server and be able to do everything as if you were on the same server. This includes guilds and everything that goes with them.

Awesome. Thank you for the info. They told me to make sure to get onto their server. However I have been trying it since midnight PST last night all into today and it has continuously been full. Knowing now that I can still play with them and join their guild with another server, I can finally play the game.

Selecting Homeworld

pdavis.8031

Out of curiosity, what server are you trying to join? is it NA or EU?

recognize my command!”

Selecting Homeworld

pdavis.8031

Also, you can change servers later if you decide to join the in WvW. I believe the cost is 1800 gems ($22.50 USD) if you buy them, or you can transfer for free (when it’s available) if you delete all your characters. Of course any gold, account bound items, mats, etc. will still be saved but any soulbound items will become unusable.

recognize my command!”

Selecting Homeworld

Kaptaink.5913

Out of curiosity, what server are you trying to join? is it NA or EU?

I am trying to Join Blackgate US.

Selecting Homeworld

Kaptaink.5913

I have been trying to join the server at all hours of the past two days. It is currently 2:54am and still the server is full. I would just join another server, however my group of friends that I am joining do WvW, which is pretty much the reason I joined.

Selecting Homeworld

Kaptaink.5913

Also paying 22.50 after dropping $60 on the game is out of the question for me. I am curious the actual population of the servers and their cap sizes.

Selecting Homeworld

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

You have to get really lucky and hit it at a time someone transfers off. Blackgate is almost always unjoinable.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Selecting Homeworld

Kaptaink.5913

Yeah it is starting to look that way. That is unfortunate. Bought the game only to play WvW with my friends that play.

Selecting Homeworld

Kaptaink.5913

Is there a way to refresh the servers list or do you actually have to close down the game every single time just to refresh?

Selecting Homeworld

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Is there a way to refresh the servers list or do you actually have to close down the game every single time just to refresh?

Not sure, since this is a new account, you have to select a server first. I don’t think it auto refreshes.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Selecting Homeworld

Kaptaink.5913

Not sure, since this is a new account, you have to select a server first. I don’t think it auto refreshes.

Thank you.