Sell/Salvage/Post/Trash?

Sell/Salvage/Post/Trash?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Basically want to put up a poll here. Basically, when you get your loot after a long run through events and killing creatures, what do you do with it? Do you sell it to a nearby merchant? Do you salvage it into materials? Do you post it on the TP? Do you dump it in the trash? I’m curious to see if anyone else has regular strategies for things.

For me, I do it like this…
Commons and Rares I salvage (Rares with the high-level salvage kit).
Exotics I post to the TP, selling high and waiting for someone to buy it.
Fines and Masterworks I used to sell to merchants, but since the MF patch I check the TP. If I can get a decent amount of coin from selling it low, I sell. If not, I salvage.
And of course, greys get tossed to the nearest merchant.

What about you?

Sell/Salvage/Post/Trash?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I used to sell everything up to rare and MF rare to get the occational exotic, exotic I mostly used or sold. Now I salvage everything to get either luck or dark matter.

Just an edit, any exotic worth more than 2g is sold.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Sell/Salvage/Post/Trash?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Till I hit 100% MF I salvage all blues and greens. Whites get salvaged too because they are worth squat and sometimes I actually get elder wood or ori from them. Rares get salvaged too with the mystic forge salvage kits for the better chance to get rare mats. Exotics get sold only IF they are worth more than 1 gold on the TP otherwise I salvage them with a black lion kit for the dark matter and runes/sigils.

After I hit 100% MF I will still salvage the whites but the blues and greens will be posted to the TP for at least 2 times their vender value or highest bidder if higher; for 0 coins to forgo the posting fee. If these don’t sell within two weeks I will remove them and salvage them as I may as well get some benefit out of them. The rares and exo’s will be treated as they were previously.

Junk gets sold of course.

Edit: clarity

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Sell/Salvage/Post/Trash?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Hardcore salvaging.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/