Selling Ascended Materials

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lokikron.6705

lokikron.6705

Why are we not able to put the 4 main ascended materials (bloodstone dust/bricks, Empyreal Star/fragments, Dragonite ingot/ore, and obsidian shards) on the Auction house, or at least VENDOR the items?

After a day in the silverwastes, I am literally swimming in ascended mats, I don’t need them anymore for a long time as I have all I need. And I know before I headed to the silverwastes I really would have appreciated being able to buy them off of the trading post for easy crafting and save me time.

We can buy/sell Bolts of Damask, Deldrimor Steel Ingots, spiritwood planks and Elonian Leather Squares, which admittedly are harder to come by as you can only get a component once a day that is also account bound until you craft them into the main crafting material.

Basically, once you have all you need (and its fairly easy with their drop rate in silverwastes), they’re trash items. Worthless, stacks of them taking up space, only option is to delete them as you can’t even sell them to the vendor for a few copper per, or throw them up on the auction house for people to buy that will actually use them.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

The Vision crystal (and by extension the items used in it , skill points, obby shards , Emp, Drag and Blood) is the element in making ascended items that actually requires you to play the game. It’s there as a minor gate to prevent someone instantly just converting gems to buy a full set of ascended. That’s why they’re not trade-able.

As to why they’re not vendor-able, no idea, but they are introducing items to eat the mats.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Because they are not being given to you as a currency. Think about them like tokens to purchase armor. You either use them for there intended purpose or you delete them. Also, as has been mentioned, there are some sinks to use them.

People really need to get over just deleting this stuff. Either use it for it’s intended purpose or scrap it. It really is that simple.

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

It’s to force players to have to actually do the content in order to make Ascended weapons/armor. You cannot obtain them just through gold, which some people feel degrades the overall prestige associated with having an item.

Of course, each of the listed mats outside of Obsidian (which isn’t an Ascended Material at all) would be worth 2c instantly, and it would be completely pointless to sell them in the first place due to listing costs and whatnot. Just like how having as many as some people have (I’ve stopped counting my Dragonite Ore at 30k, and already have well over 100 Ingots at this point) is already pointless.

Just wait until they make a point for Dragonite and be done with it. It’s not going to be a sellable thing, and they’ll eventually make a point for having hundreds of thousands of the stuffs.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It’s to force players to have to actually do the content in order to make Ascended weapons/armor. You cannot obtain them just through gold, which some people feel degrades the overall prestige associated with having an item.

This isnt entirely true anymore, though, since you can buy them indirectly through t&t bags and wintersday gifts.

Unless you classify opening containers as completing content.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I just wanna auto trash the pish (kitten), but Anet are in click, click, drag, drool, click m,ode