"Selling too fast" threshold lowered?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

trying to sell crafting mats on the TP and every 5 sales or so I’m having to wait because of the selling too fast error. this is way, way more often than normal. Was the threshold lowered? if so, why? it was already irritating as it was before.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I sold an eighteen slot bag’s worth of stuff yesterday night as fast as I could, no selling too fast message.

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

I sold an eighteen slot bag’s worth of stuff yesterday night as fast as I could, no selling too fast message.

I have never once experienced a time where 18 individual sales could be made on the TP without being restricted by selling too fast.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

While my experience is not as bad as the OP claims, I would like the limit raised too. Sometimes I do dungeon runs or craft for experience and sell everything in bulk. It would be nice if I didn’t have to slow down.

Now if it’s a database constraint, that’s a different barrel of apples. I’d be more willing to put up with it but we still need to talk about alternatives.

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

trying to sell crafting mats on the TP and every 5 sales or so I’m having to wait because of the selling too fast error. this is way, way more often than normal. Was the threshold lowered? if so, why? it was already irritating as it was before.

This is a common occurrence for me. Can be quite irritating but in way I am used to it :/

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

Just city hop when you get that message.

Also you have hackers and bots to thank for this. It’s there to help stop hackers from selling everything on the account in one quick go and to help stop bots from selling everything they got in one quick go.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

The truth is it’s there to allow the server some leniency / not lag out the mail. All games have this, although they try to hide it. In archeage for example all mailboxes will “fly” up every minute or so with an owl picking them up and be inaccessible for a few seconds. World of warcraft also has mail lag to keep the server from becoming unstable but they are more blatant about it and don’t care.

I agree it should be raised slightly. But above is the real reasoning, not really for bots. Bots can be programmed to wait x amount of seconds in-between selling.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Also, it’s a single, global trading post covering both the US and EU regions, so you can imagine the high volume of transactions going on at any given moment.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.