Senseless essence of Luck clicking...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suburbian.1023

Suburbian.1023

Hi,

Could you please do something about all those essences of luck? Could you perhaps insert an option so I could use all essences at once? There’s really nothing more frustrating than salvaging all your gear and then having to use all those essences and waste 5 minutes…

Thx!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are you refining them to the Exotic 200 Luck first? That needs only starting Articifer.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: brokenrabbit.6538

brokenrabbit.6538

They need a device on the gem store that automatically stores your luck (like junk bags automatically store junk) and then you can just activate the device and eat all the luck in it in one go.

I’d buy.

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

All you need is a recipe to craft ascended essence of luck with 250 exotic essence of luck. Ascended essence of luck gives 50000 luck point and saves billions mouses.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So needs a QoL Consume All on the drop down.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Suburbian.1023

Consume all sound great! Help us here Gaile!

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

So needs a QoL Consume All on the drop down.

Of course that would be great but it has been requested many times and never answered. If it was easy to do, it would have been done by now. For the recipe, everything is in game, all you need is a new icon, only a few hours work.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Luck should never have been an item, the bar should just fill up automatically as we salvage.

Clearly there’s been some industry research that links mouse clicks with player satisfaction or something. That’s the most rational explanation for some of this game’s design (essences luck, excess junk to salvage, ‘nesting doll’ type chests).

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

The purpose is to prolong the feeling of the player “Getting Lucky”.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

I’ve made it a habit to never consume the lower-level essences of luck. I just save them up as I salvage, and store them in my bank whenever I get the chance. Then, at the end of the day, I hop on my artificer and convert them all into the 200 luck exotic essences and consume all of those.

It’s not a perfect solution, but it’s a hell of a lot better than clicking through 100+ lesser essences.

Just a flesh wound.3589

^

That’s what I do. I put the 10 and 50 luck in my bank each day. I don’t bother to refine though until I have a fair amount as you don’t get an increase in luck until you reach the next level so refining and consuming it daily doesn’t actually increase your luck.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

The purpose is to prolong the feeling of the player “Getting Lucky”.

Perhaps even to keep the player up all night in the process?

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

Didn’t you know? Anet has a deal going on with all those mouse companies.

“The hype is real.”

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Get your self a macro to click! Essence of luck are not the only thing that you click in masses. It would be nice to have a consume stack option with a warning.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

A “right click to consume all” option would be best.

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

The artificing “fix” is useless…

By the time I bank all my luck, swap toons, and craft it all into the bigger essences I may as well of just clicked through them all.

Right click > consume all… That’ll fix it.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, I never ever refine luck. Takes too much effort to switch characters and refine.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Why does everyone have issues with their mice, any decent mouse should be able to handle a few hundred million clicks before wearing out…and I have a standard Alienware mouse. Keep asking for a ‘right click to consume all’ option and you’ll be sure to never get it, which you might not anyways because there will be enough that complain about making a mistake and consuming all of something they only wanted to consume one of, like a food item or such. The Artificing option is viable if you save up 7 – 8 stacks of 10 and 50 Luck before refining, for those deficient in math that’s around 2000 clicks, give or take. Before anyone says it takes to long to get that many stacks of Luck…all I have to say is SW.

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

All you need is a recipe to craft ascended essence of luck with 250 exotic essence of luck. Ascended essence of luck gives 50000 luck point and saves billions mouses.

You realize that legendary essences of luck exist, and are only 500 luck, right?

Suburbian.1023

just clicked for 10 min straight… A’net help please!!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes, I never ever refine luck. Takes too much effort to switch characters and refine.

Unless you have 2 other crafting professions on a character you can have Articifer on each character you play, just for refining luck. Except for one of my chars that has 2 professions on it, all my chars have a main crafting and Articifer.

ANet may give it to you.

Suburbian.1023

Unless you have 2 other crafting professions on a character you can have Articifer on each character you play, just for refining luck. Except for one of my chars that has 2 professions on it, all my chars have a main crafting and Articifer.

How lame would it be to learn a profession just to refine essences? They could’ve never been introduced as items, it just should’ve been an experience bar that fills if you salvage items…

Just a flesh wound.3589

How lame would it be to learn a profession just to refine essences? They could’ve never been introduced as items, it just should’ve been an experience bar that fills if you salvage items…

No doubt. But it is as it is and my comment wasn’t about how it the situation could be better but how it can be dealt with as it is since he was commenting about not refining since he didn’t want to change characters.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

This, and everything else, is not about your convenience, but about keeping you playing. It’s just applied psychology to make you feel rewarded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1335924/Computer-games-addictive-use-psychological-ploys-tested-lab-rats.html

Posted by: Flik.1729

Flik.1729

I use my luck essences as soon as I see them – if you banked stacks of luck and waited to consume you are depriving yourself of increased magic find for that period.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I know Anet is against macros but I made one for consuming luck and until Anet fixes this or agrees to replace my hardware I will keep using it.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

This, and everything else, is not about your convenience, but about keeping you playing. It’s just applied psychology to make you feel rewarded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1335924/Computer-games-addictive-use-psychological-ploys-tested-lab-rats.html

1. There is a difference between rats and humans (behaviorism was a trend in say 1930-40). Pressing a switch or a lever may be fun for rats for a lifetime, it gets annoying for humans after a few minutes.

2. Having to press a button 100, 200, 300, 400+ times is not a reward. It’s a punishment

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

I agree But keeps you playing doesn’kitten Same with the stupid amount of currencies, tokens, bags, silky sands… You really think there’s no easier way to do it?

Just a flesh wound.3589

I use my luck essences as soon as I see them – if you banked stacks of luck and waited to consume you are depriving yourself of increased magic find for that period.

I could be wrong but I don’t think you get fractional increases of magic find. I think it only increases by whole percents so if your bar shows 160.5% it still only gets you 160%. If you look at all the things that increase luck, all are whole numbers. No 22.5% increase, for example, and it’s probably easier to program whole percent increases to loot rolls than increases by fractions of a percent.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I know Anet is against macros but I made one for consuming luck and until Anet fixes this or agrees to replace my hardware I will keep using it.

You basically have to. RSI is a serious issue without ANet adding ~200-300 containers to open per day of playing.

Why is this not taken serious by the devs? :’(

It’s an actual health issue with playing the game. Lots of stuff to click + no mass-click or auto-click. Fix either of the issues and it’s ok, but both together are terrible.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Luck should never have been an item, the bar should just fill up automatically as we salvage.

Clearly there’s been some industry research that links mouse clicks with player satisfaction or something. That’s the most rational explanation for some of this game’s design (essences luck, excess junk to salvage, ‘nesting doll’ type chests).

Maybe.

But there is actual research that links excessive mouse clicks with repetitive strain injury (RSI). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repetitive_strain_injury