Separate skilleffect sound from other effects

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yeyy.2487

Yeyy.2487

Skill effect sound and random static backround effects like wind and other moving map elements that have sound effects are but together under one slider making it impossible to turn of the somewhat anoying and pointless background statick noise without sacrificing cool and awesome skill sounds and effects.
As curently having effects volume turned on for example in dessert borderlands is almost unbearable from all the static backround noise from all the wind blowing and other stuff like windmills. Id turn it completly off but it feels kinda blain playing with no skill feedback sounds.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

all that stuff can be turned off and on in game settings. and for thos that love the sounds and so forth can leave them on you just may or may not see them all depending on your in game settings

Attachments:

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Yeyy.2487

Yeyy.2487

i know that there are such options but they are for unique weapon sounds only. after some testing it seems this seems to be hapening only on some maps, so far the most noticable is wvw desert borderlands air or fire keep, maybe a bug of a sort with audio engine.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

oh ok I get you now I think . and yes their is sound problems with the game .

personally I enjoy all the sounds myself . got really hooked on the music

that said I agree with what your saying . just wish they did it right the first time with out all the bugs

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: VictoriaCross.3205

VictoriaCross.3205

I will just put it here in case any dev sees it

Please Crank up the sound fx of Storm Bow.It have amazing drow witdraw+ constant storm sound when draw when electric string sound, WE CANNOT HEAR them unless i turn off all other slider to zero !

Posted by: Irreverent.3594

Irreverent.3594

My characters sounds must have priority over anything else. And those unique sounds settings doesn’t help. For example thief’s pistol sounds drop out frequently in huge fights when everyone else spamming every skill. Need to recheck bar every time to see if 3 is on cd or what…