Seperate Eye- and Headwear Slots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Hello there,

the title says it all. That would be an awesome update to enhance customization.

best regards
the one that farts

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Doubtful it would happen because these are both helms and have stats. Having two helms would give the wearer an extra set of stats and another sigil, and penalize those who only wear one helm.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Theres plenty of space in the Equipment Overview on the right side of the armor slots with stats to add an eyewear-slot only for skins without any stats.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Then they would have to rework the Hero panel and how helms work in this game (in order for a helm to sometimes have stats and sometimes not, because some people will want the stats from one and other people will want the stats from the other if they can wear 2 at once) and how they are displayed on your char.

For example, you’re saying eyeware. But what if I have already have eyeware and its stats and want to add the bunny ear helm.

Possible, but doubtful.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Most of the armours aren’t really built for a system like this though. You’d either end up with amazing clipping like wearing aviators over a fully enclosed helm or Anet would have manually go through and tag every headslot item as either eyewear or helm and then additionally whether they’re compatible or not. It’s a ton of work for very little pay off.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m going to go out on a limb and say eyewear wouldn’t have stats, and would just be things like glasses, monocles, masks, facepaints, and scars. Kinda a neat idea, but I’d be concerned for all the clipping involved, and some of the hassle involved in the transition.

Like Tapioca says, I think it would be a lot of trouble for relatively minor payoff. A neat idea and a nice option, but I’m not sure it’s worthwhile.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~