Serious Inquiry about unobtainable armors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: slpr.2647

slpr.2647

I have been searching for a long time, a LONG time, for that “just right” armor for my Ranger. well, I think I’ve found it. except!!!! this armor set was a part of the old PvP reward system. You can still obtain the Coat via personal story, which I have done.
now, how in the world I got some of the other pieces is beyond me because back then I didn’t PvP, at all.
attached are pics of the set, Stalwart, Minus the shoulders!!! I cant get them anymore and as you can see, it just doesn’t look right w/o them. I have tried numerous other shoulders such as Rubicon (which don’t look to bad I guess) but they all clip!! and nobody wants armor pieces that clip, right?
is it possible to add these and other armor sets that were once obtainable but aren’t anymore, back into the game?!?!?

Attachments:

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

I’d also want that tribal cannibal armor…that screams witch shaman…but it’s gone, forever, sad necro.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I
now, how in the world I got some of the other pieces is beyond me because back then I didn’t PvP, at all.

You gained pvp skins through AP chests back then.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

they’ve already said that they will pander to you folks by re-adding the pvp past rewards in the future…
because prestige means nothing to the devs apparently.

i’d hope its a long way away so our pvp prestige rewards can remain special for a little while longer, but i doubt it, it’s probably going to be vendor bought in HoT.

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

they’ve already said that they will pander to you folks by re-adding the pvp past rewards in the future…

i’d hope its a long way away so our pvp prestige rewards can remain special for a little while longer, but i doubt it, it’s probably going to be vendor bought in HoT.

Lol, there’s nothing prestigious about those skins. I pvp once in a blue moon (I like it, but I just don’t always take time for it) and I was lucky enough to obtain some of those sets. It had nothing to do with me being super skilled or dedicated. These skins aren’t meant as pvp exclusives and were likely removed as an oversight during the wardrobe transition, hence why they were confirmed to be returning in the future.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Lol, there’s nothing prestigious about those skins. I pvp once in a blue moon (I like it, but I just don’t always take time for it) and I was lucky enough to obtain some of those sets. It had nothing to do with me being super skilled or dedicated. These skins aren’t meant as pvp exclusives and were likely removed as an oversight during the wardrobe transition, hence why they were confirmed to be returning in the future.

oversight or not, very few people have them, they’re relics from the old pvp material system, if you can’t see how they’re prestigious then the whole concept of MMO rewards might be lost on you lol.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Oh, come on. Get over yourself. I have these skins and there is nothing prestige about having them. They are considered ugly by a whole lot of us players, which is why you don’t see them often. It was a slight bit RNGaben and/or something you crafted in the Mystic Toilet with a recipe while it were available. I’m all for them bringing them back. Prestige can come from harder to earn skins, not these. They were not hard to earn.

The new sPvP Legendary back piece, that will be prestige to own and showcase. A full set of Luminescent armor, that is prestige, it takes some effort to create it. The whole set of Glorious armor is also prestige enough in its own right, it takes effort and time to get the whole set, and it’s a good enough indicator that you do a decent amount of sPvP.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This.

Also making them obtainable again doesn’t mean giving them away for free (like they used to when they were in achievement chests). They’ll probably add them to a pvp reward track or something similar (I don’t really know how pvp rewards work, I only ever got some of those skins and the mini llama). People will still have to earn them before they can use them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

oversight or not, very few people have them, they’re relics from the old pvp material system, if you can’t see how they’re prestigious then the whole concept of MMO rewards might be lost on you lol.

Nope, I don’t think the concept of MMO rewards is lost on me, I just completely disagree with what you say. :p This set wasn’t a reward for anything, I did nothing special to earn it. Nothing wrong with actual prestige items, but this isn’t one of them.