Seriously... Ascended Vending Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Very nice Anet.

At least now we know that you truly hate WvW.

Players can now obtain Ascended items through their favorite game mode (PvE +PvP)… Meaning you do not even see WvW as a game mode anymore?

It is time that alternative methods of obtaining Ascended items become available via badges of proof of heroic (The current drop rate is non existent so don’t even bother calling it an alternative).

Well, thank you again Anet for ignoring the scrubs in WvW again.

A WvWer

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

They aren’t adding anything new, they are just (rightfully) tweaking some already existing functions that are in place.

But, as far as my personal opinion goes, WvW is a game mode, but PvE is still the base game. I’m not a huge veteran of mmo’s and I dont’ have an extensive history playing them, but afaik gear is still mostly obtained through quests, crafting, dungeons, raids, etc in almost any game. Its not unusual to do have to do gw2’s top content, namely fractals and raids, to obtain the BiS items, or just craft them yourself.

(edited by Sparks The Rescue.5043)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You missed this important part:

Having a unified system for acquiring ascended gear via vendors will give us more flexibility for adjustments, if they are needed, and it will give us the flexibility to potentially introduce this system in other game modes where appropriate.

This change is the first step towards making Ascended available in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Now, what is interesting is that, by the post, Raids will not be treated the same way as the rest of the content. Unless they simply forgot to mention them, which i doubt, only Fractals and PvP will get the crafting treatment.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November