Seriously.. My feels

Seriously.. My feels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/tyrias-point-of-no-return/

Just saying I was excited to read an update (About time too) just to have my happy feels alittle hurt…

The way this page reads it made me feel like you dont even want to do holidays and that its “Interfering” with you Living Story…

The way it was worded/written is what got me. (this might just be me, But I was really trying to see the good I promise). But Doing a hype of LS not so good talk about the 2 festivals (That I care about more than LS b.c they are MORE FUN.) and then more LS talk with the way its phased makes me feel they dont care about festivals.

Its Just a F*****g video game, we play for fun, everyone LOVES holidays they are a huge part of our lives, give them the respect they deserve. Show us a Banner/update about them, HYPE them up like your LS, change your Website to make it All spooky like for halloween.

Very few other MMO’s do Holidays, Make them AMAZING to show what others are missing out on

SAB or RIOT

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Well I personally could play games that never had holidays since for me they get stale very quickly. That is just my take on it.

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Never played an mmo without a halloween and xmas, but anet still advertise theirs far more. I also never understood complaints about recycling old content – thats part of the course with most mmo festivals.

Living story is def something to hype more about though in my opinion. And i cant find how you got to the “interfering” conclusion either im afraid

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

The way this page reads it made me feel like you dont even want to do holidays and that its “Interfering” with you Living Story…

The way it was worded/written is what got me. (this might just be me, But I was really trying to see the good I promise). But Doing a hype of LS not so good talk about the 2 festivals (That I care about more than LS b.c they are MORE FUN.) and then more LS talk with the way its phased makes me feel they dont care about festivals.

I just tried reading it again. I don’t see it.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Meh. The only holidays I love are my annual leave ones.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Never played an mmo without a halloween and xmas, but anet still advertise theirs far more. I also never understood complaints about recycling old content – thats part of the course with most mmo festivals.

Living story is def something to hype more about though in my opinion. And i cant find how you got to the “interfering” conclusion either im afraid

Because Arenanet, until now, has always added to or changed up their holiday content. it was never a lot, a few extra quests, different minigame, etc. But it changed. Storylines moved on and were embellished. Mad King Thorn didn’t appear out of the mists. His story was built upon and expanded over the past 8 years. This is probably one of the most disturbing bits of news that has been put out since I’ve played this game. Something has changed at Arenanet, and apparently, it is going to cost us content that has never been allowed to stagnate.

Seriously.. My feels

Randulf.7614

I dont remember any real changes in GW though im sure it was the same year in year out for a while when it was active…or has memory failed me?

I admit to the latter being possible….

Seriously.. My feels

Randulf.7614

Also…the link doesnt work anymore!

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

I dont remember any real changes in GW though im sure it was the same year in year out for a while when it was active…or has memory failed me?

I admit to the latter being possible….

Memory is such a weak creature! ;P The bottom of the page shows what was added each year.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Halloween

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: klikzorz.2697

klikzorz.2697

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I still don’t get why people are so surprised.
They outright stated during year one that seasonal events will mainly be the same year after year.

But I suppose people are only interested in what they said they would do if they change their minds about it?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

There was a blog post back in the first year when people were complaining about all the festivals. They explained that they were spending a lot of time on festivals that first year, but that they would become foundational content that could repeat each year, allowing the development teams to focus on giving us more in the living story.

They’re supposed to be filler content that can be easily switched on to give us a little to do each year while we’re waiting for new LS content.

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

It occurs to me with LA in the state it is, either they had to revamp at least the Halloween nodes and decorations around it for this year, or LA will get a series boost in its reconstruction.

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

I’m glad I’m not the only one that gets this impression. Typically they do a teaser two weeks before content launches. Any content. So today, the day before their Halloween content starts, there is still no post specifically made to hype up Halloween. There’s a post advertising MOAR LIVING STORY.

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’m sorry you got that impression, Faux. And I can tell you — hand on heart — that we absolutely love holidays and love that our players enjoy them, too. They’re not an interruption — they’re a valued part of the game! I don’t see the wording as you do, but I just want you to know we’re delighted to bring this wonderful tradition into the game during Halloween and Wintersday, and we’re looking forward to playing it ourselves!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I still don’t get why people are so surprised.
They outright stated during year one that seasonal events will mainly be the same year after year.

But I suppose people are only interested in what they said they would do if they change their minds about it?

Maybe because year one and year two were so different? And they’re choosing the year that was miserable?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

no dragon bash in a game plagued by dragons..
yep, arena net loves holidays..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I always look forward to the holiday events, Ive always loved them going back to GW1, and whats wrong with bringing back the same event content, guild wars 1 has done this its whole run, and continues to. At least they are tweaking some stuff, making a few changes, and updating/adding some stuff. But to simply create a completely new event every year would just be dumb. Haloween for example, Mad King Thorn is a staple of the holiday in GW, I cant imagine…nor would I want to a haloween without that lunatic.

The Decorations alone during the Holidays make it great, I love the detail and artwork they put in it, really great work on their part.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Seriously.. My feels

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

I’m sorry you got that impression, Faux. And I can tell you — hand on heart — that we absolutely love holidays and love that our players enjoy them, too. They’re not an interruption — they’re a valued part of the game! I don’t see the wording as you do, but I just want you to know we’re delighted to bring this wonderful tradition into the game during Halloween and Wintersday, and we’re looking forward to playing it ourselves!

Gaile, I remember the GW1 events were always fun and so happy they have continued and expanded the experiences of each holiday event they way they have done.
By far the most impressive the team delivered each year where the April Fools day ones, showed just how much the Devs loved the community and the thought they put in every time which made us so excited each year to see what trick they would play on us all. for me the stick figures were the funniest lol

cheers Phabby