Server Population.

Server Population.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dronikal.8150

dronikal.8150

Can we see some numbers ?I’m just curious about it since today I saw something that has not happened in maybe 4-6 months I was able to see the bank NPC in LA without turning character models displayed to low.It feels bad.

Server Population.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’m pretty positive the answer is no, you can’t. They don’t share that kind of information.

The way the mega server system works is that when a map gets full they create a new instance of the map and start filling it. You probably were on a new map.

Server Population.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The game has megaservers. It makes and deletes maps as population flows in and out. Maps freshly made and maps emptying out will have low populations.

Here’s something to read about the way the game handles population and maps.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Server Population.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Well, server population is determined by server activity in WvW, so is not relevant to your topic.
You basically got onto a new or emptying map in LA.

Kitten.

Server Population.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t hang out in LA and haven’t for a long time. A lot more people are hanging out in DR or Rata these days. Unless you need the mystic forge and you don’t have a pass to an elite area, I can’t imagine why anyone would hang in LA.

Server Population.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I haven’t been to LA for more than a minute or two ever since they “improved” Lions Arch by turning it into a white concrete parking lot with buildings and further “improved” it by placing important buildings far from each other so it’s a pain to do business there. I go to other cities now to hang out.

ANet may give it to you.

Server Population.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

My feeling is once LA got blown up at the conclusion of LWS1, it stopped being the default central meeting place due to the proximity of the bank/MF/TP.

Aesthetically LA 1.0 reused ships and rough stonework had more character than the Mediterranean theme park look and that probably put some players off. Plus with the addition of Guild Halls, I can see many players using that as a meet up location.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Server Population.

Just a flesh wound.3589

My feeling is once LA got blown up at the conclusion of LWS1, it stopped being the default central meeting place due to the proximity of the bank/MF/TP.

Aesthetically LA 1.0 reused ships and rough stonework had more character than the Mediterranean theme park look and that probably put some players off. Plus with the addition of Guild Halls, I can see many players using that as a meet up location.

I actually think it was on purpose. Not the aesthetics part but the tearing down of the default central hangout and meeting part. It was great to have a spot where everyone went to afk on the bank steps, do business and chat but it left the racial cities comparatively empty. With the rearrangement of LA the people scattered to the other cities to hang out instead and I feel it was intentional on the part of the devs to increase populations in other places.

ANet may give it to you.

Server Population.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Can we see some numbers ?I’m just curious about it since today I saw something that has not happened in maybe 4-6 months I was able to see the bank NPC in LA without turning character models displayed to low.It feels bad.

• No, they don’t release numbers for a variety of reasons (some good, some not so much).
  • I’ve always been able to see the bank NPC in LA without turning character models to low; it depends when you go and if you’re in a fresh shard.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Server Population.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I have, on one very strange occasion, zoned into my very own instance of LA. Kind of creepy.

So hard to say anything about server population.