Server Population

Server Population

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragonfire.6382

Dragonfire.6382

I’m wondering how Server Population is calculated? Is it how many people are playing on that server, or how many accounts have characters created on that server, active and inactive?
I’m on Crystal Desert, which shows Very High, yet I don’t see this in game. WvW is woefully under represented. I see high level characters running dailies and monthlies in low level zones because the higher level zones are nearly empty. People are now offering to pay gold to anyone who will run a dungeon with them.
What I see is a dying game.
From the insane difficulty levels of the Storyline Missions to the constant Nerfs of skills it seem that the fun has even been taken out of dis$%^ctional.
Is it time to admit this game to ICU and talk about server consolidation?

Server Population

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I think server populations are returning to the way it was in GW1. The US servers were always the most populated, in this game it seems there are a few that are highly popular. Unfortunately in this game we can’t just change to them on a whim without guesting, paying cash or having awesomely rich Guidies pay for your transfer. New players that choose the wrong one are kind of up a certain creek without a certain device and will no doubt surmise the game is dead when there are more active servers available.

Unless Anet have changed things about their admittance that server population is based on accounts tied to that server then when new players login to a full server it’s to be expected that they’ll be curious about where the hell everyone is.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Server Population

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

It’s based on total number of accounts on the server, last I heard. CD probably has a lot of inactive accounts on it.

Server Population

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

It’s based on total number of accounts on the server, last I heard. CD probably has a lot of inactive accounts on it.

We do.

Server Population

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

Er… I’m in Stormbluff Isles and I’m pretty sure we’re getting steamrolled by Crystal Desert and Sea of Sorrow. I always have Outmanned on my buffbar whenever I log into WvWvW these days…