Server Population

Server Population

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: noixed.8740

noixed.8740

Q:

Well my question is if ANET is going to “clean” the servers, for exemple many servers with very high \ high population have alot of inactive people, are you going to move their accounts to “overflow” so the population rank be ajusted to the real size of the server?

Cheers,

Noixed

(Hope ANET read and answer )

FURY pug
Gunnar’s Hold atm

Server Population

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not sure you understand the concept of overflow. Overflow servers don’t exist until they’re needed. You can’t move an account to overflow, because there is no overflow, or at least, overflows disappear at times.

Also overflows are comprised of multiple servers. There’s not overflow per server. Therefore it would be impossible to take inactive accounts out of the main server and put it in overflow.

However, I’m not so sure those accounts count to overflow. I think it works generally on concurrency rates rather than number of people passively on an account.

Server Population

Posted by: noixed.8740

noixed.8740

I’m not sure you understand the concept of overflow. Overflow servers don’t exist until they’re needed.

I did type overflow with " " .. meaning some place temporary for the accounts inactive so the server population dont get higher for inactive player making it more expensive to move, etc etc

FURY pug
Gunnar’s Hold atm