Server Populations

Server Populations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Felix Pantherae.1425

Felix Pantherae.1425

What does it actually mean when the server populations says “High” or “Full.” Does ANet go by the number of people CURRENTLY on said server, or by the number of accounts MADE on said server.

Also, is there any official sort of chart/graph that shows each server’s current population in comparison to eachother?

I am currently on Henge of Denravi, and even though it says “High”, and is the second server down from one that says “Full”, most of the areas seem so deserted. Granted, I only just started the game a day or two ago, so I may not have gotten to any majorly populated areas.

Thank you in advance. =)

“From the flames we’ll find our freedom”

Server Populations

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

Full means account registered on that server. It won’t guarantee that the map you currently are in will be full of people. most people are hangin in Orr, LA, dragon bosses and outside dungeons. Which I also think is sad because I would love to see more people doing the DEs elsewhere than Orr.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Server Populations

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Low level areas will be considerably less full than high level areas, unless the game has just been released.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Server Populations

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

What does it actually mean when the server populations says “High” or “Full.” Does ANet go by the number of people CURRENTLY on said server, or by the number of accounts MADE on said server.

If it were the number of accounts made on a given server, as opposed to the number of people currently on said server, the rating would not change dynamically through the day.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Server Populations

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Low level areas will be considerably less full than high level areas, unless the game has just been released.

there are few people in low level now because the large mass of players during the release have level 80s and doing level 80 stuffs now.

Server Populations

Posted by: lexdead.7610

lexdead.7610

Full means account registered on that server. It won’t guarantee that the map you currently are in will be full of people. most people are hangin in Orr, LA, dragon bosses and outside dungeons. Which I also think is sad because I would love to see more people doing the DEs elsewhere than Orr.

None of what you said is true.

Server Populations

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Connor, when you see a server FULL means that the people who’ve chosen that server as theirs, or players who have moved to that particular server, have reached the cap, independently of where did they create their accounts.

Answering to your second question: no, there is no chart that shows that kind of information at the moment, I am afraid.

(edited by CC Eva.6742)