Server caps just lifted again [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

If you’ve been trying to transfer, here’s your chance!

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

IMO 1k+ gems for transfers still high a price to be paid.

It’s the exact same price every other game charges for, the only difference is there is really no reason to transfer a server other than WvWvW.

It’s nice being linked all together cross server, PvP would be a lot less participation if it was otherwise.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Last week I think it was we had four servers hitting full and at least most of the rest very high, but now it’s six very high and the rest high. Was there a bump in server cap that anyone’s aware of? (There is that free weekend coming up…)

Attachments:

#TeamJadeQuarry

Karizee.8076

Indeed.

I believe the plan goes like this:

1) Increase server capacity
2) Remove PvE culling
3) Offer free trial weekend
4) Watch Youtube explode.

:D

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Maybe people are trying out another big name MMO right now.That game with horsebird version 2.0.Not server cap lifted.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

^ I think it’s more likely the caps have been lifted, since in a few days there will be a free trial. Probably lots of new folks will be trying out the game and Anet prepared for this.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I’m waiting for Anet to up the server cap and then offer 1 time free transfers off the low pop servers and then shutting them down.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

On the NA server group since last night, when I check out the World Select screen (for guesting), it looks like every server has dropped down a population tier. All of the Full servers are now Very High, all of the Very High servers are now High.

This couldn’t be a result of population shifts because every server looks like it dropped a population tier. I also don’t believe that many people quit the game all at once, in the same night. So was there an upgrade that took place overnight? Did ANet start cleaning out inactive accounts?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There seems to be a limit increase yes.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

yes the lifted the servers population cap.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Karizee.8076

They lifted the server caps again.
They do this periodically as servers fill up. I’ve lost count of how many times they’ve done it since launch.

They always do it before a free trial weekend which is coming next weekend on August 23rd.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yeah it’s probably because of the free trial weekend – they want to make sure everyone can get onto the same server as their friends. And of course they’re expecting a rise in sales as a result of the trial too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So here we are, a year later, and not only have they not had to merge or close servers, they’re actually still having to raise the caps on the existing ones. I could be wrong, but I imagine it’s a very exclusive list of MMOs that have lasted this long and still had to deal with the phenomena of more people instead of less.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The bad thing is I have to pay money to transfer to a server where I can play one of the game modes. WvW on my home server is almost dead, bottom of the list.
Ok it can be in game currency but it does have an real money value. So to play the game I have to pay for the move. :/

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

The bad thing is I have to pay money to transfer to a server where I can play one of the game modes. WvW on my home server is almost dead, bottom of the list.
Ok it can be in game currency but it does have an real money value. So to play the game I have to pay for the move. :/

…Or you can play other aspects, start your own WvW zerg guild, or simply stand around in LA looking bored. It’s all up to you.

Personally, if WvW is what you want to do, now’s your chance to pony up and transfer. Otherwise, risk finding that the server you wish to be on is full when you get ready to move.

Good luck to you

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m waiting for Anet to up the server cap and then offer 1 time free transfers off the low pop servers and then shutting them down.

There is enormous negative publicity from shutting down servers. At worst they’ll simply reduce gem prices to those servers with the lowest populations.

Still, I don’t see anyone moving except for WvW and we’ve seen bandwagon guilds changing server thinking they could make a difference, only for them to move on again later. You have to look at Blacktide and Ruins of Surmia and to a lesser extent Whiteside Ridge, in the EU tiers to see that.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

…Or you can play other aspects, start your own WvW zerg guild, or simply stand around in LA looking bored. It’s all up to you.

Personally, if WvW is what you want to do, now’s your chance to pony up and transfer. Otherwise, risk finding that the server you wish to be on is full when you get ready to move.

Good luck to you

There is enough zerker in my server, it’s the opponent servers (EU, Vabbi and Whiteside ridge) that lack players. And yet every week we get setup against those servers