Server is Ruining the Game IMO.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CannabiZ.6054

CannabiZ.6054

I do believe with passion that these servers are ruining the game, i love GW, and i realize that GW2 is Not GW, but heres my story.
I played GW with a group of peoples that share the same love for GW, we met in game and we dont know each other IRL but we got close, went through stuffs, we laugh, we trolls, we cry(like a little girl) together and we all decided to play GW2 when it released.
During the period of waiting for GW2, some of us have “grow” we get a job, get married, have children, and we started to “disappear” from GW, But then GW2 official released date announced, and those people who are disappearing started to show up again, everyone was so excited and promised that we will met again in GW2 long story short, everyone get back to their daily activities, while waiting for GW2.
When GW2 was finally released some of us dive into game directly, while others being busy with their daily activities cant and have to wait some took a month other tooks 3, but we had no worries knowing that they’ll come eventually and then we can all be together again, so those early people started having guilds, met new friends, get attached, etc.
Recently, those people who are late started to show up on GW2, but then it hit us! the servers are full, so we jumps between servers and servers, leaving our new friends behind, some sticks to their original server, some are “persuaded” to join us on the servers jumps just so we can stay in touch.
But now with most of the servers full, and it took 7 days to jump, we had trouble trying to be in the same server with the others, now some of us are here some are there, and we’re not the same anymore.
This might look like a random nonsense rambling, and it might be!, but this is also a cry, a cry for help, cant there be something done?, I know that there are “overflows” and there will be “guesting” features in the future, but it still wont be the same as being in a server together.
So thats it then, and lemme leave u guys with a question, Remember when servers are just “instances” in GW?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If all this jumping around is purely an attempt to be on the same server as your friends why don’t you all talk about it, pick a server and then all transfer to that one instead of chasing each other around in circles?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

If your friends took 3 months to simply log on and pick a server then perhaps they are not real friends.

Anet has been heavily criticised for allowing free same day transfers to servers due to issues surrounding WvW and people spying on competing servers. That’s why they put it up to 7 day cool off period.

I can’t wait till Anet make it a paid transfer and all the QQ that will start then. You’ve had how long to decide on a server????

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

Yeah just pick a server, and have them transfer at off peak times. The population will eventually drop at some time of the day.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I get what you are saying, OP. I preferred the districts of GW also. So easy to group up with friends there.

It’s difficult to get everyone together here as our friends are distributed like a spiderweb across the servers and have multiple connections with other friends. It isn’t so simple as pick a server and move because someone always has to chose between which friends to stay with and which friends to leave behind. Good luck, and I hope you all manage to end up together somewhere.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

GW2 was advertised, and you still hear Colin Johanson saying similar things, that you can play with your friends anywhere, just like in GW1. At launch, you couldn’t guest, but if servers weren’t full, you could hop around. It’s only gone downhill since then. First took away the ability to jump over and back the same day. Now it’s a full week cooldown with its own assortment of bugs. The only slight relief is that a lot fewer servers are “Full” lately.

So many parts of the game aren’t yet ready for launch….