Server transfer ridiculously expensive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Encross.1726

Encross.1726

How many of you agree on this? Im tired of my overpopulated server (TC) with the hundreds of zergs running around 24/7 in WvW. Can’t go out and roam without getting mauled by 50 people. The lag is also unreal. The megaserver was a great idea, but pricing the switch to 1800 is just ridiculous. Heres a suggestion, allow individual character switches at a lower price, or better yet, provide every account with 1 free transfer token. I am looking to switch to Crystal Desert, but the 250g crossover is agonizing. What are your thoughts?

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

1. TC doesn’t have hundreds of zergs running around 24/7. That’s JQ their whipped puppy server, BG. You’re getting mauled by JQ and BG, not TC.

2. You can always just delete all your characters and you’ll be able to change servers that way?

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

You can just wait until the next tourney, they should have free or reduced transfers to lower pop servers then, or otherwise just pony up the gems….it’s been that price forever and is not a necessity for the majority of the game now (it only affects wvw)

Posted by: Invoker.5462

Invoker.5462

2. You can always just delete all your characters and you’ll be able to change servers that way?

Hm, the thought of having an empty character selection screen. No thanks jeff

Posted by: Encross.1726

Encross.1726

You can just wait until the next tourney, they should have free or reduced transfers to lower pop servers then, or otherwise just pony up the gems….it’s been that price forever and is not a necessity for the majority of the game now (it only affects wvw)

When is the next wvw tourney? I swear its non existent, they have it like once a year.

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

The pricing may be high, but the real problem imo is that the population levels (which are tied to the price) are just plain wrong. It is far less obvious now that we have megaservers, however, currently every US server is either “Very High” or “Full” even though there are drastic population differences even between the ones ranked “Very High”.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I really hope season 3 doesn’t come.
It’s just a way for Anet to “buy time” when there’s no contents delivered.
Also tournament do way more cons than pros, plus, it’s 0 content anyway.

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

You subjective views on transfer costs do not matter. If you want something you have to buck up and pay the cost, whether you like it or not. If you are not willing to pay that amount, that is your problem and no one else’s. Just like real life.

Server transfer costs only change when two things happen. 1)A wvw tournament. 2)A free trial weekend.

During a WvW tournament, anet manually adjusts transfer cost depending on a server’s rank in WvW.
During a free trial event, anet increases server caps across the board which results in several servers dropping to “High” or “Medium” population.

We don’t know when either of those will happen next.

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Maybe during the spring season they will let people transfer to any server that’s T4 or lower for free…..

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

I really hope season 3 doesn’t come.
It’s just a way for Anet to “buy time” when there’s no contents delivered.
Also tournament do way more cons than pros, plus, it’s 0 content anyway.

That’s why I feel that we’re in for another tourney soon, since they have not indicated a release date for HoT, the LS ended where HoT will pick up, and they really don’t have much else they can fill the time void with other than a 6 week WvW tourney (Like they would actually surprise us with SAB…..yea right >.> )

Basically, they need filler content, so you will probably get a lower cost server transfer before HoT because they will likely use WvW tourney for a filler content until HoT release.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Maybe during the spring season they will let people transfer to any server that’s T4 or lower for free…..

I hope not.
We already have queues on most maps several days a week.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square