Sexier armor for males?

Sexier armor for males?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I know there are some heavy armors that show some skin for males, but for medium or light armour most ofg them cover you from head to toe, and most of them are cloaks, why do girls have all the fun? I’d love to have some more form fitting armor for males.
I don’t mean chainmail speedos, fit shirts, leather strap tops, open jackets, there are many options.
For females there are many choices, both for more or less conservative tastes. but for guys all our choices are to be dressed in huge cloaks.
Even most costumes dress you 100% and those who don’t look a bit ridiculous.
Since I’m a thief, I can’t even wear those heavy armor that show more skin anyway…
am I the only one who would like his male char to have some more attractive clothes?

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Ravinsild.4637

Ravinsild.4637

I got lucky and was able to make a “Spartacus Gladiator” style look of very little clothing on my male human warrior, but you’re right there’s no way to go shirtless open trench coat or anything else that you’ve probably seen in media that you’d want to emulate.

WoW also has this problem. Even if you wanted to play a loin cloth wearing Conan the Barbarian style guy you can’t. It’s a little unfair. I would love to make some cool looking guys with minimalist looks.

Sexier armor for males?

coso.9173

there are a few options in WoW, but they are mostly very old armors and now clash with the much more detailed characters.
I really think we dhould have more variety, 99% of the medium armor is some kind of long coat.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

They have more revealing armor for the guys, but the armor are more “male power fantasy” then really sexy… We’ve got that stuff for the girls, so it woud be just a matter of equality to have a bit sexy eyecandy stuff for the guys too.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

it’s the age-old issue of fashion always being focused more on the female characters.

Female leather, of course, looks awesome

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

MMOs are always sexist against male characters so it’ll never happen.

GW2 was supposed to break all those bad MMO norms too. ;-;

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I would like to see (something like) this as an outfit added in GW2: http://static.zerochan.net/Heishirou.Mitsurugi.full.715165.jpg

I think that outfit classified as “sexy” while also being extremely manly and cool. It would be so sick to have that on my human male warrior.

Attachments:

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Sexier armor for males?

Doggie.3184

I still want my Assassin’s chest piece from GW1. Really sick of waiting for it. =/

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/8/8c/Assassin_Luxon_armor_m.jpg/370px-Assassin_Luxon_armor_m.jpg

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

They have more revealing armor for the guys, but the armor are more “male power fantasy” then really sexy…

What does that mean?

Sexier armor for males?

LucosTheDutch.4819

They have more revealing armor for the guys, but the armor are more “male power fantasy” then really sexy…

What does that mean?

It’s just a tumblr feminist buzz word. It doesn’t really mean anything.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The Power of the Midriff compels you!

We need more man-service, please.

Attachments:

Sexier armor for males?

Leo G.4501

I still want my Assassin’s chest piece from GW1. Really sick of waiting for it. =/

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/8/8c/Assassin_Luxon_armor_m.jpg/370px-Assassin_Luxon_armor_m.jpg

That is awesome. Should be pretty easy to make some medium leather revealing armor. The ninja look is a cool one, form-fitting, midriff exposed, mask, maybe a hood or scarf…shiny leather with some touches of metal or chain. Just too good. Not a fan of those shoulders though.

What does that mean?

Oh, alright. As long as we got that cleared up. XD

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: lord nuitari.2415

lord nuitari.2415

i could get behind something like this.

Attachments:

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Teru.2063

Teru.2063

We should get the option to show the chest part or not, would be cool to run around shirtless

Sexier armor for males?

LucosTheDutch.4819

We should get the option to show the chest part or not, would be cool to run around shirtless

+1 for this.

Or how about chest armor skins that isn’t really armor but is a tattoo instead (like the facial tattoo skins that are transmuted over the helmet slot)?

Basically I’d like to see chest armor skins that are tattoos that allow me to look like this:

Attachments:

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

And if they add it do it for females too.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: James Spades.4720

James Spades.4720

I agree completely … We need more varied armor for male characters… Boys also like to have fun Anet…

Sexier armor for males?

Oreithyia.3064

That is awesome. Should be pretty easy to make some medium leather revealing armor. The ninja look is a cool one, form-fitting, midriff exposed, mask, maybe a hood or scarf…shiny leather with some touches of metal or chain. Just too good. Not a fan of those shoulders though.

What does that mean?

I don’t have tumblr. I don’t know were I have it from.
For me it mainly means, that the guy is naked not to appeal to his on-lookers, but to look more bad-kitten …like for example Tacitus talking about the Cheruskans in the varus battle fighting naked, to make them sound more frightening.
It was very unlikely intended to make them looks more “sexy” for the invading Roman soldiers.

I don’t mind revealing armor for the women. I actually like some of them a lot.
I just want male armor without a skirt or a coat, where you can see the hip region and the b*tt. People don’t have to be naked to look sexy. My human would look so nice in tight pants.
I know it is not very practical, since the guys of course would want to protect the jewels and so a longer gambeson or chainmail is probably much more realistic, but I’d like to have the choice to have a more appeling looking guy.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Baron of Winters.5697

Baron of Winters.5697

I’d rather see increasingly practical armour for women. A chainmail bikini won’t protect you against anything.

In particular, the low-level, starting light armor for humans, norn and sylvari females is absolutely ridiculous.

Sexier armor for males?

Doggie.3184

I’d rather see increasingly practical armour for women. A chainmail bikini won’t protect you against anything.

In particular, the low-level, starting light armor for humans, norn and sylvari females is absolutely ridiculous.

Chainmail is heavy armor though. Light and Medium tier classes aren’t as concerned about armored defense. Ironicly Heavy gets the most revealing armor and the fastest moving class… Men have also been battling to the death in minimal clothing since the beginning of our time IRL. Haven’t you ever gotten into a fight or seen a fight go down where the dude throws his shirt off before attacking? Enemy can’t grab onto it or anything then~ better movement.

Outfits with heavy, floppy trenchcoats won’t help you be fast and agile. Thief is insanely squishy to the point of they mine as well be naked~ so give me some armor I can move better in. I prefer games follow the Dark Souls armor logic more. Less Armor = more speed and mobility to the point where playing naked/half is actually viable in evasive play. Covering yourself in tons of heavy armor = slow as **** movement and nearly non existent evasion. As far as an MMO goes it really doesn’t matter. Just take my money and gimme what I want to build my character how I want it. I want a lightly covered speedy pew pew explode hearts as lightning speed Thief in Luxon chest to enhance flexibility and no skirt.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Sexier armor for males?

LucosTheDutch.4819

What does that mean?

For me it mainly means, that the guy is naked not to appeal to his on-lookers, but to look more bad-kitten …like for example Tacitus talking about the Cheruskans in the varus battle fighting naked, to make them sound more frightening.
It was very unlikely intended to make them looks more “sexy” for the invading Roman soldiers.

I just want male armor without a skirt or a coat, where you can see the hip region and the b*tt. People don’t have to be naked to look sexy. My human would look so nice in tight pants.
I know it is not very practical, since the guys of course would want to protect the jewels and so a longer gambeson or chainmail is probably much more realistic, but I’d like to have the choice to have a more appeling looking guy.

But strong masculine traits are sexy to some (if not most) women (and men?). There is no real difference between “power fantasy” and “sexy” when it comes to men. Masculine traits in men are considered sexy. Feminine traits in women are considered sexy. Revealing armor for men can be both empowering and sexy. Revealing armor for women can be both empowering and sexy. Many “progressives” do not understand this.

Sexier armor for males?

LucosTheDutch.4819

Light armor is cloth and won’t protect you period. But that’s okay, as casters are usually fighting on the backline and/or use magic to protect themselves. They don’t need armor and armor might actually hinder their spellcasting abilities (not sure if that’s true in the GW2 lore but it is in many other fantasy lore).

When we look at actual armor, we have very few “chainmail bikinis” in GW2. We do have them, but they’re not overly present.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with revealing armor and it serves its purposes both in real life and in game. Revealing armor increases your mobility while also making a statement to your enemy: “here I am, come get me, if you dare”. It’s empowering and also threatening to the enemy. Various civilizations in the past used this tactic.

Not to mention that this is a fantasy game with magic. How practical a piece of armor is really doesn’t matter when the real protection comes from magic, which is very much the case in GW2.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I would like to see (something like) this as an outfit added in GW2: http://static.zerochan.net/Heishirou.Mitsurugi.full.715165.jpg

I think that outfit classified as “sexy” while also being extremely manly and cool. It would be so sick to have that on my human male warrior.

I’m sorry, but that is far from sexy and is borderline ‘gross’ instead. The muscles overtake the body and deform it in such a horrible way.

These are just fine without the Frankenstein steroid effect: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/07/Human_male_physique.png

Just need close to show it off is all they’re asking….

Sexier armor for males?

Oreithyia.3064

What does that mean?

But strong masculine traits are sexy to some (if not most) women (and men?). There is no real difference between “power fantasy” and “sexy” when it comes to men. Masculine traits in men are considered sexy. Feminine traits in women are considered sexy. Revealing armor for men can be both empowering and sexy. Revealing armor for women can be both empowering and sexy. Many “progressives” do not understand this.

But a man hasn’t less “masculine traits” when wearing no coat or skirt to hide his backside/hips.
A lot of the armor makes the hips look wider and give the hip and thigh region an A-shape and while I’m okay with them I’d like to have the choice without excess fabric or metal around the hips.
I want a male outfit that’s “intended” to look sexually appealing and I think there are much more women and men finding a man in for example tight jeans appealing than in a skirt.
One of the biggest genres for looking at fanservice for a female potentially gameing-affine audience would probably be the Shojo/Josei genre…the men there can be pretty powerful, but they usually are a lot less " pure power fantasy", less over the top muscular or less uselessly equipped ith bulky armor and weapons than comics and literatur for a male audience, the same when you look on literature for a heterosexual female audience.
GW2 has a big female fanbase and they tried to appeal to them already with a lot of the faces or humans males, so why not with atleast one armor?

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Sexier armor for males?

LucosTheDutch.4819

I’m sorry, but that is far from sexy and is borderline ‘gross’ instead. The muscles overtake the body and deform it in such a horrible way.

These are just fine without the Frankenstein steroid effect: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/07/Human_male_physique.png

Just need close to show it off is all they’re asking….

Eh? The post was about the outfit, not his muscles. -_-;

(Though I have you know that his muscles are drawn anatomically correct and there is nothing Frankenstein about it. There isn’t even a huge difference between Mitsurugi’s physique and the physique of the left-most human in your link).

Sexier armor for males?

LucosTheDutch.4819

What does that mean?

But a man hasn’t less “masculine traits” when wearing no coat or skirt to hide his backside/hips.

I didn’t say that a man would have less masculine traits when wearing no coat or skirt. If anything I was arguing the contrary.

I don’t care much for hips or kitten but I would like to see some outfits that show off my male character’s chest, abs, biceps and/or backside.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’ve been wanting more male skimpy since the beginning of GW2, but like the OP has said, it seems heavy armored males get all the fun – they have the scallywag chest and pit fighter chest which shows a nice amount of skin. Medium and Light class males get literally next to nothing. Especially light armored males.

My future revenant is going to be wearing the scallywag chest because I want to show a bit of skin, but unfortunately for my male ele and ranger, they don’t have that privilege.

Even an option to hide our chestpiece would be awesome – in fact awesome for ALL armor pieces.

And I would pay 2k gems for a lord faren speedo leg skin. Just sayin’. Make it happen Anet! ;-)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Sexier armor for males?

Leo G.4501

Likely off topic, and not being argumentative, but I doubt male players put male characters in revealing armor to look bad-A, not as a power fantasy. If that’s the case, I’d rather poll people on why they dress their character the way they do instead of jump to conclusions about their intentions then make blanket statements about the game and its players.

And going to leave aside the possible notion that females dressing in revealing armor might only ever be considered sexy and nothing more. Just brushing that back under the rug…

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

I’d have my male characters wear it. Maybe not the metal dong or feathery headpiece, but the rest seems reasonable…I mean you have the option to dress female chars with skimpy outfits in this game (see attachment), why not males, too?

Attachments:

Sexier armor for males?

Doggie.3184

Looks like an upgraded version of Necromancer’s Elite Scar.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Looks like an upgraded version of Necromancer’s Elite Scar.

That what I was thinking, too.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necromancer_Elite_Scar_Pattern_armor

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My necro would love to have a Scar Pattern armor like that. I could like to see the monk version ingame also.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

That headpiece makes him look like a cauliflower.

Sexier armor for males?

coso.9173

I don’t really mean almost naked armor (not that I would complain) but I was thinking something along the lines of this:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively.com/media/2010/07/gallery244657874.jpg

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Considering that some of the female outfits would likely get you arrested (or at least dead of exposure) in much of the US, I think it’s about time the guys got the same treatment. I mean, look at the starting female light armor, and then find me ANYTHING like that in light armor for males. And it’s almost impossible for a male in medium armor to show any skin/fur/bark at all.

Honestly, I’m beginning to think that someone at ANet is actually afraid of the idea.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Considering that some of the female outfits would likely get you arrested (or at least dead of exposure) in much of the US, I think it’s about time the guys got the same treatment. I mean, look at the starting female light armor, and then find me ANYTHING like that in light armor for males. And it’s almost impossible for a male in medium armor to show any skin/fur/bark at all.

Honestly, I’m beginning to think that someone at ANet is actually afraid of the idea.

None of the female costumes will get you arrested lol. Infact, I’ve seen skimpier.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Even as a straight male I would absolutely love to wear a Conan-the-Barbarian style armor on my big norn, but he’s a ranger so I don’t really have that kind of option for him. I think a strong male character looks a lot more intimidating if he shows his muscles and doesn’t even care to wear armor. I suppose you can see that as the power fantasy of playing a huge male character.

In general I think this game just needs more variety in its armor sets, period. Medium is the worst but all armor classes in general are lackluster in variety. It’s kind of a shame looking at GW1’s armory.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

I don’t really mean almost naked armor (not that I would complain) but I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Something like that would be pretty well-received I think. Sleeveless vests as well, form-fitting shirts under scattered plates, etc. Just more variety.

Whatever you do, please don’t make them outifts only though Anet, because as with all other outfits, you won’t see a single dime of my money. Mix and match to satisfy both crowds, but do not do outfits only.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Something like that would be pretty well-received I think. Sleeveless vests as well, form-fitting shirts under scattered plates, etc. Just more variety.

Whatever you do, please don’t make them outifts only though Anet, because as with all other outfits, you won’t see a single dime of my money. Mix and match to satisfy both crowds, but do not do outfits only.

Except for the Speedo look mentioned earlier in the thread. That should be an outfit, for obvious reasons.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’m too sexy for my armor too sexy for my armor
Too sexy by far
And I’m too sexy for my hat
Too sexy for my hat what do you think about that

I’m a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little tush on the catwalk
I’m too sexy for my too sexy for my too sexy for my

Cause I’m a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk…. yeah
I shake my little tush on the catwalk

I’m too sexy for my cat too sexy for my cat
Poor kitten poor kitten cat
I’m too sexy for my post too sexy for my post
It’s going to leave me

And I’m too sexy for this thread

Serenity now~Insanity later

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Well, such an idea for the soldier classes would be a little dumb since showing skin would defeat the purpose of heavy armor, although this wouldn’t be too bad for the light armored classes, since less fabric means less things to catch onto terrain and its easier to stay mobile in leather suits than it is with a billowing cloak.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Well, such an idea for the soldier classes would be a little dumb since showing skin would defeat the purpose of heavy armor, although this wouldn’t be too bad for the light armored classes, since less fabric means less things to catch onto terrain and its easier to stay mobile in leather suits than it is with a billowing cloak.

This makes no sense as there is already an ocean of half naked norn female guardians and warriors running around.

It’s why I’m bitter the Ritualist didn’t make it into GW2, because they had pretty sexy and revealing armor even on the males.

But this game took more of the route of Korean design, where male armor is designed with “cool” as an imperative and female armor is “sexy” as an imperative.

Sexier armor for males?

coso.9173

Exactly, you can’t ask for male armor to be realistic and then having one third of female armor being chain mail bikinis XD

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Exactly, you can’t ask for male armor to be realistic and then having one third of female armor being chain mail bikinis XD

One third is an understatement.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve never had any issues with the chain/heavy armor. There’s plenty of practical heavy armor around to choose from.

Light armor isn’t really armor so much as just clothing, hence why it’s on the mage classes. Protection hardly comes into it.

That said, it’s totally unfair to men that they aren’t given the same choice to dress how they want.

Attachments:

(edited by Eponet.4829)

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

heh, the problem here is that ppl confuse the term “sexy” with “cool”, a male character can be sexy but for the most part that’s not how a male character dresses.
in battle a male character doesn’t look sexy, they look cool as in, you look at him and you pee your pants from fear cool.

this picture shows a “sexy” male, dresses to impress the females by showing of muscles and prowess.
http://popori-cbt.narod.ru/armor-castanic/castanic-male-plate-03.jpg

this picture shows a “cool” male, armor that makes his enemies fear by just looking at him.
http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/12629-4-1331615305.jpg

ofcouse it’s each there own, one can call pic 1 sexy while someone else calls pic 2 sexy.
the point however is that, just because a bare chest is shown doesn’t make it sexy, i am to much a hetro and male )to understand what true sexy is for women but there is a difference.

when i look at female characters in this game none of them is truly sexy, some are in fantasy and others are cool but sexy they are not.

this armor is cool and fits the world, doesn’t make it sexy:
http://madartlab.com/files/2011/12/hildelarge.jpg

another this ppl confuse with is sexy and skimpy, sexy doesn’t have to show skin and skimpy doesn’t have to look sexy at all.

this is skimpy:
http://madartlab.com/files/2011/12/Screen-shot-2010-07-05-at-11.11.08-PM.png
only interested in showing skin and nothing else, it doesn’t even invites you.

this is sexy:
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/66602/bs-female-design7.jpg
shows of here shape perfectly, doesn’t interest in showing skin but it invites you in.

it’s just that, ppl need to know the difference, sexy isn’t always skimpy, skimpy isn’t always sexy.
also, for male characters, sexy isn’t always cool and cool doesn’t have to be sexy.
the whole point of male characters is not to be a ken to barbie, the point is to make the male character look touch as nails to the point that he impresses not by sexyness but by showing of his experience.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

I completely agree that ANet is being sexist when it comes to male/female armour diversity. It’s extremely easy to dress “skimpy” for females, and extremely easy to dress “power fantasy” for males. I wish they would make both skimpy, and sexy for males (we have enough droll and power fantasy). And I wish they made more “power fantasy” and droll for females… enough skimpy (never enough sexy for either sex).

If I could dress my male like I have dressed my female I’d be happy.

Attachments:

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I completely agree that ANet is being sexist when it comes to male/female armour diversity. It’s extremely easy to dress “skimpy” for females, and extremely easy to dress “power fantasy” for males. I wish they would make both skimpy, and sexy for males (we have enough droll and power fantasy). And I wish they made more “power fantasy” and droll for females… enough skimpy (never enough sexy for either sex).

If I could dress my male like I have dressed my female I’d be happy.

I just wanted to say that I have the same chest, pants, and boots on my female warrior. I opted for the TA shoulder and gloves, though.

You have good taste.