in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Bug fix.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

it’s just that, ppl need to know the difference, sexy isn’t always skimpy, skimpy isn’t always sexy.
also, for male characters, sexy isn’t always cool and cool doesn’t have to be sexy.
the whole point of male characters is not to be a ken to barbie, the point is to make the male character look touch as nails to the point that he impresses not by sexyness but by showing of his experience.

I completely agree that ANet is being sexist when it comes to male/female armour diversity. It’s extremely easy to dress “skimpy” for females, and extremely easy to dress “power fantasy” for males. I wish they would make both skimpy, and sexy for males (we have enough droll and power fantasy). And I wish they made more “power fantasy” and droll for females… enough skimpy (never enough sexy for either sex).

If I could dress my male like I have dressed my female I’d be happy.

I like where you guy’s hearts are at and somewhat agree but please just realize what you describe is YOUR OPINION and doesn’t describe the spectrum of preference or intent.

I’d stick to describing what it is you’d look for in armor diversity, perhaps with a picture description then leave the generalizing labels and commentary to a minimum;

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: teh persun.6517

teh persun.6517

+1 for firm bottoms and chiseled abs

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Xdmatt.3958

Xdmatt.3958

I would propose making every armor piece toggle-able before adding more armor sets; this way anyone could use current armor sets and still go shirtless/pantsless/barefoot if they felt like it. Would be particularly interesting for the norn because of their tattoos.

It worked just fine in RIFT, let’s see it in GW2.

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

it’s just that, ppl need to know the difference, sexy isn’t always skimpy, skimpy isn’t always sexy.
also, for male characters, sexy isn’t always cool and cool doesn’t have to be sexy.
the whole point of male characters is not to be a ken to barbie, the point is to make the male character look touch as nails to the point that he impresses not by sexyness but by showing of his experience.

I completely agree that ANet is being sexist when it comes to male/female armour diversity. It’s extremely easy to dress “skimpy” for females, and extremely easy to dress “power fantasy” for males. I wish they would make both skimpy, and sexy for males (we have enough droll and power fantasy). And I wish they made more “power fantasy” and droll for females… enough skimpy (never enough sexy for either sex).

I like where you guy’s hearts are at and somewhat agree but please just realize what you describe is YOUR OPINION and doesn’t describe the spectrum of preference or intent.

I’d stick to describing what it is you’d look for in armor diversity, perhaps with a picture description then leave the generalizing labels and commentary to a minimum;

I don’t see where I generalized or did any unnecessary commentary. The “sexist” part? That’s not opinion really, that’s accusation based on values that ANet displays in other areas, but doesn’t hold to when it comes to player outfitting. Sure there are some female armors that look a bit “power fantasy”, but none of the female bodies are especially muscular. Look at the midriff of every single female armor (the hour-glass shape is strong in them characters).

Otherwise, I prefaced all my wishes, with “I wish”-which is expressively stating that it is indeed my opinion.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

dayym son, you want dem smexy armex fo da males, i want dem cool $$$ lookin masked helmeto fo norn gurlz! ya know what im sayin?

too bad anet doesnt wantz to giv us what we wunt bruh!

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

dayym son, you want dem smexy armex fo da males, i want dem cool $$$ lookin masked helmeto fo norn gurlz! ya know what im sayin?

Yeah, they hate money for some reason. Just absolutely hate it. Must be cuz of all the germs that are on dollar billz.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Nothing is stopping you from making a thread about it.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Soraiah.5042

Soraiah.5042

I loved some of the outfits in Aion. To me, they were sexy and not too revealing to be considered armour (and not underwear like the ‘armour’ in some other games. Of course there were some pretty skimpy ones as well, but not nearly as many as in some other games).
http://www.daevasreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/marracostumem.jpg
http://www.daevasreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/grencostumem.jpg
http://www.daevasreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/25academycostume091m.jpg
Okay, the last one is a little special, but I still like it, it’s kinda cute
http://www.daevasreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/daru_outfit_m.jpg

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What is the point of having all those tattoos if they won’t show?

Norns could use some ‘bare chest vests’. If it worked for Lorenzo Lamas, it should work for a norn.

I would particularly want to see a set of armors that are basically sleeveless coats with bare chests and a bandage (google sarashi). This bandage would be around the abdomen and waist on males, and around the chest for females.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

For most of the armor linked in this thread, GW2 would need better make human models.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I would like to see (something like) this as an outfit added in GW2: http://static.zerochan.net/Heishirou.Mitsurugi.full.715165.jpg

I think that outfit classified as “sexy” while also being extremely manly and cool. It would be so sick to have that on my human male warrior.

Lol yeah. Atleast I hope you are joking

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Can we think about smaller steps first? I don’t know, maybe pants? I play casters, and all my casters happen to be male. I like a more normal look, and the only option I have for non-skirt, kilt, robe is Asc. Cat. pants.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I don’t see where I generalized or did any unnecessary commentary. The “sexist” part? That’s not opinion really, that’s accusation based on values that ANet displays in other areas, but doesn’t hold to when it comes to player outfitting. Sure there are some female armors that look a bit “power fantasy”, but none of the female bodies are especially muscular. Look at the midriff of every single female armor (the hour-glass shape is strong in them characters).

Otherwise, I prefaced all my wishes, with “I wish”-which is expressively stating that it is indeed my opinion.

I doubt many females fantasize about having lots of muscle. It’s tough to pin generalizations on people by gender and I’m not telling you not to just that it’s your opinion.

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I would like to see (something like) this as an outfit added in GW2: http://static.zerochan.net/Heishirou.Mitsurugi.full.715165.jpg

I think that outfit classified as “sexy” while also being extremely manly and cool. It would be so sick to have that on my human male warrior.

Lol yeah. Atleast I hope you are joking

Why would I be joking?

Sexier armor for males?

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

powerfantasy vs sexy eyecandy isn’t just about the clothes themselves, but also about the poses, the voice, the attitude, basically.
The same clothes can be either power fantasy or sexy eyecandy depending on the attitude and intention. For girl characters most poses, emotes, animations are usually more directed to sexy eyecandy, and for males most of them are aimed towards power fantasy. That doesn’t mean that girl characters can’t be power fantasies or guys can’t be eyecandy, it’s just that even with the same clothes, it would probably tend ot go that way.