Opinion: equality needed - more revealing male light armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FacesOfMu.3561

FacesOfMu.3561

I’m trying to find some sexy male light armour that shows some skin. Do you remember how it used to be in GW1? They showed arms, midrifts, legs, chests, etc.
Anyone seen some in GW2? Certainly point out cultural armour, though I’m hoping for Human.

[Moderator note: title edited for clarity]

People vary.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Wouldnt the sexiest of armors for the male be the most threatening? Skin area would be for female.

FacesOfMu.3561

Wouldnt the sexiest of armors for the male be the most threatening? Skin area would be for female.

Can be/likely the same whether it’s male or female (O_O)
I want to dress my male avatar so I can see skin the way you appreciate skin on females.

I found the Tactical armour set which shows the most leg (not necessarily important to me), and shows the arms, but is ruined a bit with skulls all over it, and a tattered look. Not bad still, and could turn out nice with the right gloves, boots, shoulders, and helm.

People vary.

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/human-light.htm Is very helpful, it’s very well organized.

Anyway, you might be interested in the feathered set, it shows off the abs: http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/armour/human/human-light-craft-feathered-male.jpg
The human tier 3 shows off the arms really well and it looks like if you hid the shoulder pieces you’d get the arms all the way up to the shoulders, though it’s hard to say for sure: http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/armour/human/human-light-cult-3-male.jpg

Vigil is another good one for arms: http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/armour/human/human-light-order-vigil-male.jpg

That seems to be about the best there is. It looks like the tactical armor set is the only one that shows the male leg. Oh well. I hope you find something you like.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Heh too bad there are only like 2-3 of such armors. I vote for more open ones in future updates. They are all just so closed compared to the female models!

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

lol this is the one thing I still remember about TERA. Have you seen some of the Male armors there? (google TERA male armor and see :P).

They seemed to understand that there are people out there who want to see skin on male characters for a change, instead of just being females. I’m a guy, but I do understand that it seems only fair. Esp since I have quite a few ladies I play with.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

If you’re willing to consider other races, the Sylvari cultural armor is all rather revealing. T2 even makes you look like a literal fairy. If, you know, you’re into that. . . .

(edited by Urthona.3198)

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

Yeah, I don’t get it either. If they can do this for the women, why can’t they do something similar for the guys?

Attachments:

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Yeah, I don’t get it either. If they can do this for the women, why can’t they do something similar for the guys?

Because the homosexual male and heterosexual female are not the target consumer of these types of games.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Artemis Noir.3804

Artemis Noir.3804

Riiiight….
Because, of course, it is “sexy” to see females in armour that is likely to get them ripped to shreds… while waiting for the male in the “threatening” armour to come along and “rescue” them.

Oglaf.1074

Riiiight….
Because, of course, it is “sexy” to see females in armour that is likely to get them ripped to shreds… while waiting for the male in the “threatening” armour to come along and “rescue” them.

I find the screenshot posted in this thread of the half-naked elf dude to be the most threatening armour I’ve seen in years.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Artemis Noir.3804

Artemis Noir.3804

Riiiight….

I find the screenshot posted in this thread of the half-naked elf dude to be the most threatening armour I’ve seen in years.

You might just have a point there… and depending on the weapon he wields… :P

Urthona.3198

You might just have a point there… and depending on the weapon he wields… :P

I’m not sure if I have ever not wanted to know anything more.

Mouhappai.5406

Because the homosexual male and heterosexual female are not the target consumer of these types of games.

That’s just generally how Asian MMOs make their male armors. It’s just a different taste that I’m guessing you Norn-types cannot stand.

Oglaf.1074

That’s just generally how Asian MMOs make their male armors. It’s just a different taste that I’m guessing you Norn-types cannot stand.

So? Different style or not, that guy looks like he should be wearing a police hat and doing the YMCA. For a Western company to make that style standard for their male armour would be shooting themselves in the foot. It just isn’t what their target consumers want (or can tolerate it most cases).

PS – Norns are all about half-naked awesomeness. Don’t belittle us.

Attachments:

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Mouhappai.5406

Pah! Norn half-naked awesomeness? I’m sorry but that’s child’s play compared to my half-naked skirt-wearing fairy-winged Sylvari in all his pink glory.

Attachments:

Oglaf.1074

Technically, any Sylvari wearing Cultural or Twisted Arbor armour is 100% naked because the “armour” is just more leaf and grass added to their leaf and grass bodies!

Do you even lift, bro?

Urthona.3198

Technically, any Sylvari wearing Cultural or Twisted Arbor armour is 100% naked because the “armour” is just more leaf and grass added to their leaf and grass bodies!

Only if it’s actually growing out of them. Unless you count a Buffalo Bill-style skin suit as “naked.” In retrospect, that’s actually a whole lot creepier than a race of nudists.

Oglaf.1074

Only if it’s actually growing out of them.

I’ve always assumed it does. It most certainly looks like it. Especially the Light versions.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

So? Different style or not, that guy looks like he should be wearing a police hat and doing the YMCA. For a Western company to make that style standard for their male armour would be shooting themselves in the foot. It just isn’t what their target consumers want (or can tolerate it most cases).

PS – Norns are all about half-naked awesomeness. Don’t belittle us.

Given their representation of the sylvari I think you might be projecting

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

FacesOfMu.3561

I wouldn’t predict a loss in gamers and potential customers for GW2 by introducing more options and equal styles to both genders. Some might stamp their foot and say “I’m leaving this game because of the extra options I don’t have to choose, and I’m leaving because I’ll have unfair or undue social pressure to choose those options (or as much pressure as female-avatar players have had to date).” or “I will refuse to play or buy this game now because more demographic strata of players feel included and like they can access things in this game”.

The commercial gains and social responsibility for having these options available (not enforced) is discussed very extensively elsewhere. In this thread, I want to be able to get a list of those options for me, and anyone, to reference.

If you’re willing to consider other races, the Sylvari cultural armor is all rather revealing. T2 even makes you look like a literal fairy. If, you know, you’re into that. . . .

I’m really glad it’s in the game, my boyf is always attracted to that armour style! I don’t think it’s possible for my human to wear cross-cultural armours, is it?
It’s strange how the pink sylvari above just looks like a flagellated human! Put your skin back on, please! :p

That website, gw2armorgallery.com was great for reviewing armors in one screen and at a glance, especially the lower game stuff. I managed to get me a feathered coat, and used the pants from the embroidered outfit. It looks a bit too puffy in the legs and arms, and kinda like some sort of Arabian harem lord or such, but does well enough for now.

Introducing my (incomplete) Mesmer, Treio. :/

Attachments:

People vary.

(edited by FacesOfMu.3561)

FacesOfMu.3561

Now that I notice it, he looks great from behind. Very suave!

Attachments:

People vary.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I don’t know why people point out sylvari when they’re just leaves and bark :P I think people want more skin showing…you know human skin? Who finds leaves attractive?

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

ahaha

FacesOfMu.3561

I bought the pants for Human Cultural Tier one as they gave a nice straight leg cut, but I didn’t see the flap thing at the back that covered his butt, so I went back to embroidered.

People vary.