Shaman's Norn Trident

Shaman's Norn Trident

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

Q:

Why doe’s the Shaman’s Norn Trident not have any animation any more?

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Better question is, why not use that awesome looking skin on the staff instead of the trident which nobody will ever see? :<

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Emunator.5371

Emunator.5371

His answer might not have been what you are looking for, but do not respond in such a terrible manner please.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Rain King.5914

Rain King.5914

You should probably report this in the bug section.

I agree with writetyper -the current trident skin looks more like a staff and the staff skin looks more like a spear or a trident.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

My favorite trident is Malachidean (picture attached). It’s an Exotic and has a really cool Orca/Killer Whale design with a purple glow effect. I get asked about it all the time when using it – I guess most folks don’t know about it. It’s not expensive on the TP (3G).

Attachments:

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Reincarnated.1754

Ok i apologyize for what i sed.

Can I have an apology for what he say, i found the reply he has given insulting and has not got anything to do with the question.

Out of 4 replies only 1/2 (Half of one post) has anything to do with the question.

Still no answer, and now I guess I won’t get one now the subject has been changed.

It was a simple question

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

My favorite trident is Malachidean (picture attached). It’s an Exotic and has a really cool Orca/Killer Whale design with a purple glow effect. I get asked about it all the time when using it – I guess most folks don’t know about it. It’s not expensive on the TP (3G).

Nice! Is that glow effect on the trident or from one of your abilities?

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Nice! Is that glow effect on the trident or from one of your abilities?

It’s the trident – it looks great in-game.

And sorry to OP for derailing the thread. I honestly don’t know the answer to the original question.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Did it used to have an animation? I just got one the other day and it looks darn cool as it is. An animation would make it even cooler. Why indeed.

I also agree that the staff should have a similar look instead of the current (boring) appearence. I wouldn’t want it to be a carbon-copy of the Trident (there are a few weapon sets that have the Staff / Trident exactly the same and thats lame) but something with a similar glowy feather motiff for the Staff would be nice.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Reincarnated.1754

Did it used to have an animation? I just got one the other day and it looks darn cool as it is. An animation would make it even cooler. Why indeed.

I also agree that the staff should have a similar look instead of the current (boring) appearence. I wouldn’t want it to be a carbon-copy of the Trident (there are a few weapon sets that have the Staff / Trident exactly the same and thats lame) but something with a similar glowy feather motiff for the Staff would be nice.

I am sure the feathers used to rotate.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

The trident used to have an animation of the feathers floating around. It was a nice touch but apparently many items in the game were affected. I am sorry you haven’t gotten a response to this but the reality is that Asuran’s with T3 had their armor messed up and we haven’t had a response on that either.

It’s just something you have to live with until they get around to fixing it… if they do.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Only in the preview. It never(or haven’t in a long time) animated when wielded. It is definitely not recent and not a result of the last two patches.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Only in the preview. It never(or haven’t in a long time) animated when wielded. It is definitely not recent and not a result of the last two patches.

Hmm…. I noticed this same issue (or at least a similar one) with most of the Flame weapons. They’re supposed to have a glow from the “furnace” part of the weapon and a minor ember particle effect. They animate in the preview window if you have them sheathed, but they don’t animate in the preview window if you have them wielded or weapon-only.

In-game, they animate when you first equip them, as long as you keep them sheathed. But as soon as you take them out to attack, the glow effects go away and will not come back unless you manually unequip / reequip them again (sheathing the weapon doesn’t work and even weapon swap doesn’t fix it).

Its a rather odd behavior, and a shame because they would look much cooler if they kept their glow properly, its one of my favorite particle effects in the game, noticable enough but not overbearing.

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

could someone please attach a screenshot of norn staff?

Shaman's Norn Trident

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Shares skin with http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tribal_Trident.jpg. That is a interesting skin though – just sucks water combat doesn’t happen too often.

could someone please attach a screenshot of norn staff?

Here ya go – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Norn_Staff.jpg

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Shaman's Norn Trident

Reincarnated.1754

The trident used to have an animation of the feathers floating around. It was a nice touch but apparently many items in the game were affected. I am sorry you haven’t gotten a response to this but the reality is that Asuran’s with T3 had their armor messed up and we haven’t had a response on that either.

It’s just something you have to live with until they get around to fixing it… if they do.

Thankyou Drunken Mad King.
I hope they get time to fix it.

This is the trident i’m on about:
Shaman’s Norn Trident

(edited by Reincarnated.1754)