Shared Inventory already out of sale?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

Dont remember seeing the timer 1 day before it ended on it and official wiki stated was going to last till the 26th…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales

any price adjustment or a fix going for it?

Attachments:

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I was surprised as well. It said sale ending soon, no countdown timer and then was gone.

Posted by: Zeitgeist.9820

Zeitgeist.9820

I was unpleasently suprised by this as well. I pre-purchased when I saw they were on sale, but hadn’t received my gems in time. Great…

Love Boat Captain

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

Must be a typo with the wiki. Most of the sales lasted for 48hrs.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Anniversary Sales—Week of August 21

August 23: 25% off Shared Inventory Slots and 30% off Unbreakable Gathering Tools
August 24: 30% off Bag Slot Expansion and 70% off Total Makeover Kit (limit 1 per account)
August 25: 50% off Name Change Contract (limit 1 per account)
August 26: 20% off Bank Tab Expansion and 25% off Black Lion Keys

Nor.2057

yeah now i see the thread here but the official wiki was wrong then and no timer that i remember appearing in game for the item…

can gw2 support be contacted for a price adjustment?

(edited by Nor.2057)

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

yeah now i see the thread here but the official wiki was wrong then and no timer that i remember appearing in game for the item…

Maybe no harm in asking just explain you bought the expansion and was going to use the gems for the item on sale and the sale ran out be for you got them gems
expect close to a week be for a reply tho

Posted by: Chrome.5362

Chrome.5362

They’re very specific when buying the Ultimate Edition that it may take up to 72 hours for your gems to be delivered. I understand the frustration b/c I lost out on buying the character slot and something else on discount last week for this reason, but I don’t think you’re going to have any luck getting them to discount the items after the sale is over.

Nor.2057

Yeah contacted support for a price adjustment possibility, i did purchase the item full price cause a partial refund in gems easier than putting back the item on sale, just want the difference back in gems hopefully not that much of an issue for support…

just a difference of 700 gems…well see how they respond :S

Posted by: Sesbog.8705

Sesbog.8705

Guild Wars 2 Wiki:General disclaimer

None of the contributors, sponsors, administrators, developers, or anyone else connected with the Official Guild Wars 2 Wiki in any way whatsoever can be held responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate or libelous information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from these Web pages.

Nor.2057

Guild Wars 2 Wiki:General disclaimer

None of the contributors, sponsors, administrators, developers, or anyone else connected with the Official Guild Wars 2 Wiki in any way whatsoever can be held responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate or libelous information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from these Web pages.

Might as well change it to unofficial wiki if info like that unreliable…also the fact that no 24h timer before ending to me is an issue

(edited by Nor.2057)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

One thing I have noticed for a very long time that they’ve not bothered to correct is that the countdown timer for time left on the sale for an item and the notification of how many of them you are permitted to purchase use the same spot on the item.

As a result, when an item is on sale and it is in its final 24 hours at that sale price, if you can only purchase a limited number of this item then the “You can only purchase up to X of this item” (however it is worded) has priority over the time left countdown timer.

Because of this, the countdown timer is not visible on an item that is only available in limited quantity, leaving prospective buyers to not know that it is running out of time, but at least they know how many they can buy.

This could be why there was no countdown timer visible on this item as the purchase limit notification is displayed in its place.

Maybe one day they will make it so if both are applicable on the item, both will be visible instead of the improper way of how it is and has been.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Nor.2057

One thing I have noticed for a very long time that they’ve not bothered to correct is that the countdown timer for time left on the sale for an item and the notification of how many of them you are permitted to purchase use the same spot on the item.

As a result, when an item is on sale and it is in its final 24 hours at that sale price, if you can only purchase a limited number of this item then the “You can only purchase up to X of this item” (however it is worded) has priority over the time left countdown timer.

Because of this, the countdown timer is not visible on an item that is only available in limited quantity, leaving prospective buyers to not know that it is running out of time, but at least they know how many they can buy.

This could be why there was no countdown timer visible on this item as the purchase limit notification is displayed in its place.

Maybe one day they will make it so if both are applicable on the item, both will be visible instead of the improper way of how it is and has been.

yeah i just realized that now , maybe most of you already used to some of this but for a returning player this gets easily confusing , i was taking the wiki info and that particular message 24h timer within the BLT in game launcher as a verification but both failed to me and this is what happens :/

hopefully support can resolve this shortcoming and me continue to be a happy costumer

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Wikis have always been contributed to by the community, mistakes are made very often.