Shared gathering tools ?

Shared gathering tools ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: garrettx.3452

garrettx.3452

I was wondering if it would be a good idea (I certainly think so) that the gathering tools slots be shared between our characters…

For now I keep using my shared inventory slots to switch them (I got permanent ones) between characters but sometimes I forget to unequip them and put them in the shared slots and it’s a bit frustrating to have to log out, log on the last char to correct the mistake and then come back…

Since we can share this way, wouldn’t it be better to simply permit those gathering slots to be shared ?

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I don’t know if Anet would want to do this, what with encourageing to buy more eternal tools or something…
But I would absolutely love this.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I’d be okay if they had a base boring unlimited gathering tool, and then you can buy skins for it. Only thing I see this being a problem with is the watchwork mining pick. It’s the only tool that gives another item.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I was wondering if it would be a good idea (I certainly think so) that the gathering tools slots be shared between our characters…

Nice idea in theory, but selling those tools in the Gem Store is a big source of income for the company. I just don’t see that happening.

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Yeah I bet that won’t happen, that way they sell multiple sets to crazy folks like me lol

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe a new gemstore item, shared account bound harvesting tool slots.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I don’t do this BUT there are those (and quite a few actually) that buy different gathering tools that match the characters they make. Quite a few have multiple sets of them. Me? I have just one set that I either use the slots for or I use the bank to transfer them.

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Next you’ll be asking Anet to play your characters for you when you can’t be bothered to log in and play them yourself…..

Shared gathering tools ?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Next you’ll be asking Anet to play your characters for you when you can’t be bothered to log in and play them yourself…..

That makes no sense and has nothing to do with what the OP is asking for.

The OP is asking for a convenience item or system. What you posted is like claiming an account wide slot with a gemstore salvage kit in it is asking for the company to play the game for them.

ANet may give it to you.

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Just like with the copper or silver feed salvage-o-matic, if you bought multiple copies of any item prior to shared inventory, the damage is done and most people don’t/won’t buy multiples anymore. Switching out 1 set is annoying, but having paid for 4 or more salvage-o-matics previously is also annoying.

Skinning the gathering tools is another option, but also, there you encounter people that have spent thousands of gems for multiple sets, is it fair to charge them a transmute to reskin if they get bored with the set? Or if the set became account bound between characters you’re basically wiping out all gems spent by those people before.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I am against this, but if it was to be implemented I would only want it similar to the current shared inventory slots, where it is optional. I have several sets of permanent tools, and some I purchased because they fit well with the “theme” of a given character on my account. I don’t want that taken away.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

The OP is asking for a convenience item or system. What you posted is like claiming an account wide slot with a gemstore salvage kit in it is asking for the company to play the game for them.

Nope, the OP is saying that it is a hassle for him to relog when he forgets to do something so he wants Anet to save him the bother of relogging for 2 minutes because he forgot to do something.

The other thing to remember is that not everyone has permanent tools or all characters over level 60 so their new 1st level character cannot share Ori tools (min level 60) with their level 80 and therefore need to have entirely separate tool slots to the higher level character – and if they are only mining copper with a low level character why should they be forced to remember to swap out their tools for low level ones when more experienced players find remembering such things too much of a bother?

Shared gathering tools ?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Nope, the OP is saying that it is a hassle for him to relog when he forgets to do something so he wants Anet to save him the bother of relogging for 2 minutes because he forgot to do something.

The other thing to remember is that not everyone has permanent tools or all characters over level 60 so their new 1st level character cannot share Ori tools (min level 60) with their level 80 and therefore need to have entirely separate tool slots to the higher level character – and if they are only mining copper with a low level character why should they be forced to remember to swap out their tools for low level ones when more experienced players find remembering such things too much of a bother?

That’s the same argument used for having one gem store salvaging kit spread out among several characters. It was a hassle to go to the bank each time you wanted to switch to another char. The account wide inventory slots that ANet sold us removed that hassle. Just like the OP is asking for the harvesting tools to be made hassle free.

Your argument only works if you consider putting the salvage kit into an account wide slot to save the hassle of switching the same as asking the game to be played for you.

If someone doesnt have permanent tools then obviously this situation doesn’t apply to them, but many people do and there have been a number of threads already asking for this. Account wide harvesting tool slots would make ANet money and is a reasonable thing to ask for.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: XoXFaby.4960

XoXFaby.4960

It should just be the price of a permanent tool+shared slot, since you basically don’t need to buy more anyways.

Shared gathering tools ?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I use three shared slots for my infinite tools and it’s been fantastic. I don’t run out of tools, I’ve saved multiple slots for accumulation of ‘stuff’, and it’s wonderfully convenient. Nevertheless, I have two characters with other sets of tools and it’s something of a relief when I’m playing them, because I don’t have to remember to swap weapons (or make sure I’m out of combat).

So, sure, it would be very nice to have an infinite tool that was an account-wide unlock. (I doubt, however, I’d be willing to pay even 1,000 gems for it, given the perma-tool sets I already own. Folks that don’t own shared slots or perma tools would probably feel differently.)

tl;dr seems like a good idea to me, (Although I doubt it’s a good business decision for ANet.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”