Shared inventory slots and stackable items...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

So… I decided I’d keep all of my map specific keys in some of my shared inventory slots…. but then I realized that as I got new keys they don’t just stack with the ones in my shared slots so I have to manually drag them to the shared slot constantly…. This just seems kind of terrible and oddly designed…

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Yep completely agree.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I think it has to do with the shared slots technically not being a part of your inventory. They could’ve coded those slots to act like bank slots, while not impacting the actual bank slots, and be available whenever the inventory is open.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

+1. It was my hope that I could stack all my bloodstone dust and fragments in there so that they could be converted at reset on a different character with my star and maubry, but I still need to do it manually at a bank. Guess I’ll just have to use them for other things now.

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

What happens if you have keys in shared inventory and try to open a chest? Will it take a key from shared inventory and open the chest or will it say you don’t have the required key?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

What happens if you have keys in shared inventory and try to open a chest? Will it take a key from shared inventory and open the chest or will it say you don’t have the required key?

It works as it should. Too bad that gaining a new one doesn’t do what you think it would/should do too. C’mon Anet.

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

It works as it should. Too bad that gaining a new one doesn’t do what you think it would/should do too. C’mon Anet.

Well, at least there’s that. I agree with the general idea in this thread that the non-stacking into shared inventory is a problem that should be addressed. I’d say the best way to fix it would be to add a key storage similar to the wallet for this kind of thing.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I didn’t even realise that was an issue. I was considering getting more shared slots for exactly this purpose. Fingers crossed a fix is imminent. Or that a keyring is implemented. Or both.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Keys should just go into the wallet
That would be the best solution

Anet should have done that change long time ago
Having to carry around 5 different keys at all times is just so annoying … and the need to have those 5 slots reserved on every character that you ever plan to use in any of those maps

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1