Shatterer Achievements

Shatterer Achievements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alimar.8760

Alimar.8760

So I was trying to complete the Shatterer Meta Boss Achievement and get the backpack. However I reached a problem with “Smash the Dragon” and “No-Fly Zone” where it requires me to break his bar approximately 20 times. (Of which I only have 6 which I acquired during the patch for the event.) It’s my fault for burning out of doing Shatterer when it was patched, but now I would like to finish that section of achievements.

It seems most players still use the old strategy of spamming 1 against his poor foot and about 0-5 people are actually using the gliding platforms as intended.

On top of it all, his CC phase, as I found out personally before reading up on it, is inconsistent and never happens at a regular time.

I’ve even attempted to command and call out when to use the glider but the majority of the zerg seems to be in “press 1” mode and never actually follows the mechanics.

I’ll stop my opinions there, but there seems a big issue with being able to complete these achievements when I have no help. Is there any kind of guild or group that does this regularly on the American servers? Shatterer seems to overlap with Chak Gerent/Octovine and other times with Tequatl and Triple Trouble. Even when it happens to be some sort of daily. Making it very hard to find competent players during the event when there’s other (Sometimes more lucrative.) events happening at the same time.

I could use any and all help!

IGN: Alimar
Guild Leader of The Tyrians [TT] (Darkhaven)

Shatterer Achievements

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

TTS does Shatt on a regular basis. The PoF demo weekends may interrupt the schedule though.

http://ttsgamers.com/event-calendar/

Shatterer Achievements

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

I got up early for that once, and as soon as the event started, every TTS commander vanished. Didn’t even bother trying again.

Shatterer Achievements

Posted by: Alimar.8760

Alimar.8760

So I should talk to TTS in order to get a proper kill on Shatterer then? Thanks for the advice!

IGN: Alimar
Guild Leader of The Tyrians [TT] (Darkhaven)

Shatterer Achievements

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

You don’t need all the cheevos for the back. One bar getting broken each time he spawns is as good as it gets till you get there sometimes. I did it for 2 months and on my last fight which all I needed was one bar to get broken we somehow did the no fly cheevo. Smh

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Shatterer Achievements

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A few days ago I was rummaging around for more AP, saw that Shatterer was starting inside 10 minutes, hopped over there, and checked LFG. There was a squad advertising Bash the Dragon and I found myself in a super organized run. Got my 20th Bash with them along with a few more lightning dodges, bar breaks, and minion kills towards the meta achieve. I don’t think it was a TTS run.

So give it a go a little before Shatterer’s spawn, check LFG, and you may find yourself very pleased.

Shatterer Achievements

Posted by: gbeermang.2895

gbeermang.2895

A few days ago I was rummaging around for more AP, saw that Shatterer was starting inside 10 minutes, hopped over there, and checked LFG. There was a squad advertising Bash the Dragon and I found myself in a super organized run. Got my 20th Bash with them along with a few more lightning dodges, bar breaks, and minion kills towards the meta achieve. I don’t think it was a TTS run.

So give it a go a little before Shatterer’s spawn, check LFG, and you may find yourself very pleased.

That sounds like OHM. During the weekdays, they usually do an organized run on the first Shatterer after daily reset.

Shatterer Achievements

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I got up early for that once, and as soon as the event started, every TTS commander vanished. Didn’t even bother trying again.

The trick is to follow them, somehow, to their instance. They don’t advertise it often, but sometimes you can join an old triple trouble advert about 3 min before.

They like to start a little later, so everyone coming from TT has a chance to get there. As such, if people are doing the pres too fast, they will use another anchor. If you’re lucky and get it, you will undoubtedly get the achievement for him never flying, and won’t even need to do the 20. They are quite good at it.

I did one once where they maybe started at 11 min after and still made wurm, dragon never took off.