Wings?

One one strapped to back

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Shatterer Discussion [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Whoever thought it would be a great idea to have the champs drop loot here is wrong. It did not work with the scarlet events, it did not work on all other world bosses.
Half the ppl do the boss, the other half farms boxes and scales the event up.

Attachments:

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Whoever thought it would be a great idea to have the champs drop loot here is wrong. It did not work with the scarlet events, it did not work on all other world bosses.

There is an achievement to kill 500 branded so lets just take away the loot and still have people just killing them for the achievement? I’d rather keep the loot and for me, I liked the scarlet event mainly because it actually dropped loot. Loot keeps players coming back, take away the loot and you’ll start to take away the players.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Kururu.8140

Kururu.8140

I’m enjoying it a lot. But one thing annoys me, and that’s how the two ‘hardest’ achievements (that being No-Fly Zone and Smash the Dragon) are completely reliant on pug groups.

9/10 achievements, still 0% on No-Fly Zone and I heard Smash the Dragon is bugged, but both require the same tactics of the breakbar. None of my friends play GW2, and none of my Guilds host anything. I’m kind of stuck hoping one pug group could help break the bar even ONCE. I run in there with every single bit of CC I have, but there’s like 20 people meleeing his leg and I’ll be the only one doing what little CC I can do alone when Shatterer is vulnerable.

(edited by Kururu.8140)

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

not sure if i should mention it here, but the healing crystal count is not adding up (even though i CC and do damage) also as of today i noticed if i kill branded and recieve xp for them the counter doesnt go up either.

Whith.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Another thing about the breakbar: if you don’t have the Shatterer targeted when it goes into “break mode”, it’s probably going to be over before you get in position to contribute. When you’re being hounded by some elite branded, for example, the big dragon doesn’t come first anymore. You deal with them. And if you need CC to deal with them, so you don’t die, even if your CC’s cooldown is 3 quarters of the way done, the breakbar may come and go before it’s fully recharged. CC skills take a lot of time to cooldown.

It’s not just that the breakbar is too tough, it can also be argued that it’s not active long enough to give everyone a decent opportunity to contribute.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I’m fairly pleased with it’s update. I’ve only done it once so far so my opinion may be more narrow. I liked the aoe all over the place and it did decent damage. His stomp attack is nice too. I didn’t feel overwhelmed by the mobs. I was kind of hoping for more. I also thought that he could maybe have a bit more health. The rewards were at first disappointing but then realized it was pretty standard for the difficulty and zone level. I just stood in front of him the whole time. I didn’t try the turrets or launch pads so I don’t really have an opinion on that.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: daxcip.2609

daxcip.2609

not sure if i should mention it here, but the healing crystal count is not adding up (even though i CC and do damage) also as of today i noticed if i kill branded and recieve xp for them the counter doesnt go up either.

Same here, pretty annoying.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

One annoying thing I just found is with the stand in the wrong spot, you need to stand in exactly one spot. I was under the dragon, got knocked about but did not get the achievement, if I was 1 pace forward I would have. A little too finicky for my tastes.
Still think the fight itself is fun.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

The break bar is too difficult. You expect everyone to be Chronomancers and Engineers? Some professions SUCK at breaking bars, e.g Ele.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Ele… sucks… at break bars?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

For ele: Gust (staff air 3), and utility skills Aftershock (if Tempest) and Signet of Earth. Also Tornado I think? The breakbar doesn’t last long enough to do all of those.

Also, if you happen to be Asura (of any class), Technobabble.

It is starting to seem like bombing the dragon is a better way to break the stun bar though.

(edited by ElenaDragon.8401)

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

The breakbar can easiliy be broken if the zerg just uses launchpads instead of standing at the right foot. I try and explain the mechanics to the maps I am on, but they ignore the calls on when to go to launchpad and when to jump. And just go to the foot and press 1.

I have been fortunate to get on maps with commanders and people who listen, so am up to 13 breaks and if Shatterer didn’t launch in the latter part of the bar would have the smash done.

Just remember Purple Fire attack -> wait a few seconds and launch from pad. The 1 skill on the glide attack is a cc. If everyone does that the bar breaks easy.

Good luck getting people to listen in pugmaps.

The fight isn’t hard and if people used the new tools and mechanics provided instead of standing at the feet and pressing 1, the breakbars aren’t either.

(edited by Wayland.3528)

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I’m enjoying it a lot. But one thing annoys me, and that’s how the two ‘hardest’ achievements (that being No-Fly Zone and Smash the Dragon) are completely reliant on pug groups.

9/10 achievements, still 0% on No-Fly Zone and I heard Smash the Dragon is bugged, but both require the same tactics of the breakbar. None of my friends play GW2, and none of my Guilds host anything. I’m kind of stuck hoping one pug group could help break the bar even ONCE. I run in there with every single bit of CC I have, but there’s like 20 people meleeing his leg and I’ll be the only one doing what little CC I can do alone when Shatterer is vulnerable.

They are going to adjust the breakbar for him. But this is an issue at other areas too. Take Verdant Brink and the Matriarch. Once you get over about a dozen people, the breakbar rarely gets broken, so I’m not surprised at all.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

speaking from down under (Australia) playing in EU server. we have difficulty in using the launch pad. i played with my husband sitting next to me, when i use the launch pad, i see my character spin and launch up and spin forever in the air towards the direction of the shatterer (glider couldnt open even if i hold it down the entire time), when she reached the maximum height, she came down spinning and land on the ground sometimes dead, soemtimes still alive. While looking at my husband’s computer, my character actually were on the launch pad entire time spining and then after a long while spinning, she dissapeared and appear afar i guess she gets teleport immediately to the location which she landed.

somtimes, the launch pad skills doesnt appear too.
a bit dissapointed in general how the game mechanic does not cover for higher ping players. we would appreciate that if in the future addition, the game will not be too harsh to us. and Thank you for the glider fix. we can actually fly now. hopefully same fix will happen for mushroom jump/launch pad etc.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

Talindra.4958

btw, thanks for the EU community event organiser, we managed to get “smash the dragon” two days ago

Australia

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Very much so. I would say engineer and mesmer break them about 10 times faster.

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

There is an achievement to kill 500 branded so lets just take away the loot and still have people just killing them for the achievement? I’d rather keep the loot and for me, I liked the scarlet event mainly because it actually dropped loot. Loot keeps players coming back, take away the loot and you’ll start to take away the players.

Then maybe the achievement is wrong. Ppl came back and did the shatterer before the update, and now you even get double rares.
The current behavior is pretty much like having the event fail to maximize farming.

Posted by: foxtrot.6531

foxtrot.6531

Hey,

So I mentioned it in the blog and a couple press interviews, but just to reiterate it here, it was never our intention to make succeeding The Shatterer event exceptionally difficult. We want players coordinating with only map chat, with strangers, to be able to complete the event. That said, some of the achievements, like the “Smash the Dragon” one (complete The Shatterer event without him ever taking off IE break him every time his break bar activates) will take more coordination. It is harder to break him than it is to kill him. It is kitten harder to break him every time than it is to kill him.

Also, keep in mind that you guys are playing it the day it comes out, with upwards of 100 players. Maps are consistently full, which makes me super happy to see, but is not going to be the reality of the fight in 6 months or 2 years down the road. Yes, the event, mobs and breakbars all scale, but there are some things that are just going to be inherently easier with a massive army of players. The biggest one being, you guys are going to be able to spread out and kill the pulsating crystals with greater ease than a group of, say, 25 players, even though the breakbars and health of those crystals scale. Same with keeping Adds down, or just general DPS.

I was in the map with the first kill, and there was ~9 min left on the timer when he died. What wasn’t as obvious was the Shatterer was also less than 30 seconds away from entering a second Pulsating Crystal Node phase when he was killed, which would have added a good chunk of health back to it and stretched the fight out longer. The DPS vs Crystal healing Cooldown time is a big element of the fight. Out DPSing the healing, and CCing the crystals down quickly gives more player control over the length and difficulty of the fight than, say, just adding a ton of health on the boss. The fact we killed it before the second crystal phase started was a testament to the group. The fact that we CCed the crystals so quickly the one time they did show up was, again, a testament to the group. Yes, the sheer size of that group certainly helped, and I can pretty much guarantee that will be more challenging with, say, 30 players instead of 125, but we earned that victory! Don’t sell yourselves short on that.

I absolutely loved it!! It’s perfect. Not to hard, not a boring auto fest like before, just right! I was engaged and entertained for the full duration and I think it just might be my new favorite! I like just as much as Jomag, and Sunless now.

Did a good job, thank you

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

Really?
People have issues with disconnections and crashes usually only after arena-net does patches and the first thing you point to is hardware?

No. I point to hardware issues when someone else stated that disconnects are seldom related to hardware. My cases prove that such a statement is not accurate, and I wanted to share in case it was helpful to others.

DCs can be hardware related, software related, or due to an external influence.

Often the problem can be packets lost en route, anet unfortunately can’t be held responsible for transport of packets carried by other companies over thousands of miles.

For several years I used a Wi-Fi link with a Netgear WGPS606 at the computer end. I got quite a few drop outs, more often in the evenings. I recently replaced it with a new dual band option. Seems nearby neighbors transmitters were causing most of the DCs.

They haven’t stopped completely so would still be nice if anet produced a place in instance reservation system…

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Last night there was a group very determined to accomplish the break-bar related achievements.(Yay!) But they maintained that pulling everyone out of combat, and having them wait at the launch pads was actually offset by the massive DPS spike of the bombing runs and resulted in a net DPS gain over staying on the battle field and fighting Shatterer. Someone actually said that each glider bomb is the equivalent of 3 knockbacks? These players maintained that it’s better for all players to do bombing runs rather than have some stay and fight, and that everyone doing bombing runs is, in fact, currently the only way to get the break-bar achievements.
Is there any truth to this? Can anyone provide any evidence?
I don’t mind people getting the Shatterer achievements(that’s what they’re for – to be achieved) but pulling everyone off the battlefield in favor of bombing runs doesn’t sound like a good strategy. (Though I can see it being a better strategy when the break bars are de-bugged and scaling is adjusted)
I certainly don’t want to see The New (and actually improved) Shatterer turned into a champ and achievement fail-farm. I am not asking for anything to be nerfed – to me this is a player problem, rather than an Anet problem. I got 6 achievements in 10 runs, without actually focusing on achievements – just trying to win the event.
And if gliding runs are in fact a DPS gain,(can anyone verify this?) then maybe that’s the way to go – but we’ll be dropping into a Branded mosh-pit, and having to WP back constantly.(if no one is there on the battle field, fighting)
Once again, I’m not against players getting the Shatterer achievements, but I don’t want to see this devolve into fail-farming.(not that I want anything nerfed, ever)
This is a really FUN fight now, and I don’t want to see it ruined.

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

Posted by: Chaialyna.1023

Chaialyna.1023

I’ve tried a couple of times to use the turrets at the Shatter to get the achievement for using all the siege types. I had the Shatterer targeted and used both the 1 and 2 skills but I didn’t get credit. I was able to get credit for using the mortar and the aerial grenades, but the turrets aren’t registering for some reason. The turret definitely fires, and I’ve tried targeting both the Shatterer and a random mob when firing.

Do I need to get a certain number of hits with the turret? Or am I doing something wrong?

Alts-R-Us ~ All professions at 80 ~ Still leveling characters.
Main? What “main”? I play all of them sooner or later.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I can (and do) still AFK / watch Netflix / not pay any attention this boss. Feels like a “Shadow Behemoth” upgrade.

This means you did right by me as far as I am concerned.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I expect Shatterer will be deserted once everyone’s got their achievements, there’s no reward worth the effort when Shatterer often is timed alongside Teq. and Teq. can drop Ascended gear and has 4 event chests, Shatterer’s rewards are pitiful in comparison and the fight’s taking more or less the same time as Teq.

I suspect the time that Anet are taking to fix the breakbar issue with full maps is partly at least to drag out the time when this event will actually be played, once the novelty of dive bombing him wears off all that’s left is a fight with a carpet of trash and a regen-to-nearly-full mechanic that will mean small groups will simply not have the DPS to take him down while at the same trying trying to avoid/kill the endless stream of Veteran and Elite trash.

Talindra.4958

Is there any truth to this? Can anyone provide any evidence?

Yes. Done it with the TS community, that is how we got the Smash the dragon. continue damage after breaking first CC bar using the launch pad, will push the dragon’s hp bar to lower which bring in the heal crystal. after heal crystal, next CC bar comes and the next CC break, big dps will kill the dragon as a result – “Smash the dragon” achievement done.
this needs coordination from everyone in the map, everyone to use the launch pad. Skll 1 on launch pad is very strong also for damage.
it is the intention of Anet to make this kitten event for people to try to communicate via map chat getting everyone to coordinate together and achieve what it needs.
and btw, the backpieve reward is pretty. i like it.

btw, all other achievement is easy peasy, but————- smash the dragon, and no fly achievement are two that needs MAP COORDINATION. needs people to work together. if one say 1, the other do 2.. it wont work.

Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Just got Smash The Dragon courtesy of the guild LUCK who has been leading runs for The Shatterer since his re-make. Wonderful, nice people who are were very nice to all of those with questions, making both runs I participated in this evening smooth and enjoyable.

Thanks, LUCK. Just got a little more to go on those Branded things..and that backpack will be mine!

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Kraggy.4169

Getting totally fed up doing damage to the healing crystals but not getting credit .. I dealt damage and/or did some CC on EIGHT of the things this last run and got a whole ONE credit for it.

They’re clearly broken.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

There is one good side effect from it though: it “forces” people to leave their turrets and mortars to go get their loot so they can’t camp them for the entire duration (unless they don’t care about the loot)

But other than that giving champions loot during events goes against everything Anet has done since Silverwastes which is weird.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Auto pick-up has a remarkable range. It even gave me loot when I was back at the launch pad after making a gliding run and throwing a bomb at a tight pack of branded.

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Terrible “redesign” of the fight. You can pretty much do the good old 11111111111 spam on the boss and kill him, you can literally skip ALL of the new mechanics making the achievements a chore. On Tequatl you’re forced to cooperate otherwise you wont be getting any loot, Shatterer is the same old mindless zergfest. A bit disappointed since I wasn’t excepting it to be that bad.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Terrible “redesign” of the fight. You can pretty much do the good old 11111111111 spam on the boss and kill him, you can literally skip ALL of the new mechanics making the achievements a chore. On Tequatl you’re forced to cooperate otherwise you wont be getting any loot, Shatterer is the same old mindless zergfest. A bit disappointed since I wasn’t excepting it to be that bad.

I killed him yesterday and we failed to destroy most healing crystals, just 1 per healing phase. It makes me wonder, why does the healing phase even exist if you can beat him while he heals every single time. I think they should increase the amount of health he gets if you don’t destroy the crystals so it becomes a more integral part of the fight.

Also his Shatter Storm or how it’s called is a joke. It never makes any difference, grats Shatterer managed to fly up, so what? Nothing. Both his healing and what his flying attack does need to be buffed considerably.

And finally some mobs only work for the branded achievement if you get the last hit, this needs to be reworked because it goes against every other event in the game.

(edited by maddoctor.2738)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

The CC bar seems impossible on a pug map, did you not learn anything from like every event since Dry Top, that events that require other people to do the same thing leads to trolls,

That aside, you need to fix the camera’s at this event esp after using the jump pad, I usually play zoomed all the way out, so I can see my toon and a good bit around it, but you hit that jump pad and the camera is suddenly up close and personal, I zoom out again real quick, fly about, but you cannot see anything, you just spam them 1 and 2 skill and hope it hits something, the ceiling height in this zone needs raised, so the camera can look right down from above, like it does in the new HoT maps.

I heard the loot got revamped for this event, the 2 rares from the end chest are meh, I could spend less time farming nodes and make more money, the only thing the event does do right, is, the other enemies DO drop loot, which was a nice touch, ( just waiting for that nerf ), I don’t think this event will make it into the rounds like Teq and TT does, I think that when most ppl get there AP’s from this event they will avoid it.

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So i thought i’d share a few pointers and observations i’ve made. As a commander trying to organize the event, i’m aiming to give people the general idea of what to expect.

1) Glider bombs (nr1). You basically can’t break the bar without having people use these. So it’s best to be ready at the launch pads.

2) The timing. This is it. This is the most important part, and people dont really seem to focus on it.
So, i have gathered data over several days already, and here’s what i have found:

-The Defiance bar lasts approx. 7 seconds.

- The first Defiance Bar seems to occur when the timer is at 14:13. This has been the case for basically every single fight i’ve had.

-The Defiance Bar seems to occur approx every 2 minutes after the first bar. However, this seems to slightly vary depending on the spawning time of the Healing Crystal Nodes.
Note , that it never seems to appear in less than 2 minutes, but sometimes in about 2,5min.

-The Defiance bar tends to occur approx. 10 seconds after the Crystal Nodes are destroyed (but still following the general idea of occurring every 2 minutes)
-Note however, that sometimes the Nodes and the Def. bar change positions. The bar will occur right before the nodes. So still, keep an eye on that timer. And his bar.

Average amount left on the timer when the bar seems to occur during fights:
14:12
12:10
9:50
7:35 OR 6:55 <- Am currently trying to investigate how to predict which one will occur.
4:35 OR 3:55 </
(He usually dies somewhere at this point, but the general trend still seems to continue)

UPDATE: It seems the Shatterer loves to use his purple fire-breath attack right before the defiance bar comes up. So if you approximate with the timers and see him spit up these purple fireballs, jump and glide.

3) This is more of a general tip, but in a squad/party, keep the Shatterer targeted at all times. It makes it easier to see when the bar appears.

4) A factor causing difficulty with the bar breaking is the fact that people are focused on doing other achievements, such as killing the branded or dropping med kits.

It would be useful if these timings could be tested further, so if you have any other observations and pointers, do share them here.

(edited by Andovar Edoras.2143)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Excellent observations & tips — thanks for posting.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Andovar Edoras.2143

Excellent observations & tips — thanks for posting.

Thank you, it’s still a work in progress. I’m trying to determine if there is a definite pattern as to when he does what.

Posted by: Lulleh.6714

Lulleh.6714

Really nice post, I’ll try to join a few runs as well and I’ll reply here or send you a PM (if you prefer that) with more timers so you can update your post.

Edit:

Here’s some timers me and a friend noted down on two different maps.

09:51
06:55
03:55

-

14:02
12:09
09:38
07:35

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Andovar Edoras.2143

Really nice post, I’ll try to join a few runs as well and I’ll reply here or send you a PM (if you prefer that) with more timers so you can update your post.

Edit:

Here’s some timers me and a friend noted down on two different maps.

09:51
06:55
03:55

-

14:02
12:09
09:38
07:35

Thank you for contributing, and i find it easier to post here than in a pm.

Also, i find it interesting that one of your timers is 07:35 while a parallel one is 06:55, because i also seem to come across this. Sometimes the bar appears at around 07:35 and sometimes at 6:55. That being said, sometimes the next bar appears at 04:35, and sometimes at 03:55

Posted by: Lulleh.6714

Lulleh.6714

No problem, I will add more timers if I see any others. As for different timers later on, things affecting this could be partly if the breakbar is actually broken or not and also depending on the time killing the healing crystals. Or it’s just random and/or bugged.

Just did a run, the 1st one was a bit early (14:13 perhaps), second one was on the second (first there’s a purple breath, smash, smash, BreakBar (12:10)). We failed to break the first one, the 12:10 one was successfully broken.

The third was kinda late, at 09:13 or so. Might have been delayed since we broke the BreakBar prior to this + there was the Healing Crystals.

4th at – 06:52 (just after the Purple breath) – We broke this one as well.

The 5th one occured at 04:52. Not sure if we broke it or not, he did take off though. The last one occured at 02:52, exactly 2 minutes after the last one and 4 minutes after the one before that.

I can also add that the breakbars we did break, was done under 6 sec so the dragon didn’t take off.

To summarize:

14:13
09:13
06:52
04:52
02:52

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s some great info here. Thanks for this!

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

First one was 14.11 for the one I just did.
Annoyingly we broke the bar and got no achievement….

Posted by: CedarDog.9723

CedarDog.9723

3) This is more of a general tip, but in a squad/party, keep the Shatterer targeted at all times. It makes it easier to see when the bar appears.

Cool post. I agree that most people are working on achievements, since you see them milling around trying to kill Branded, jockeying for the mortars/turrets/etc.

My experience, doing a lot of the dive-bombing portion, this fight highlights how utterly crappy the in-game targeting system is. More often than not, the game will forget that you were targeting the Shatterer, either due to the boss flying up and not being targetable while its doing so…or just by forgetting for some other random reason. Hitting tab to target is hit-and-miss, often selecting some random Branded mob. Clicking on the Shatterer’s different targetable areas often will select players, pets/minis/etc, and other enemies that are either below its legs/head. It’s too bad a target lock doesn’t stay until cancelled/changed, but if the target’s unavailable for whatever reason, the healthbar could be greyed out.

Oh yeah, and when flying around, camera view is often blocked by the Shatterer’s wings or random body parts while trying to eke out one or two or three extra bomb drops per strafing run, so it’s quite common to not see the target above your head unless you stay in front of the dragon’s head.

(edited by CedarDog.9723)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Slightly off topic but for targeting, add a shortcut key for “nearest target”. I set mine to J (other keys are available). I’m surprised the game does not allocate a default key to this function. I use it all the time.

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

We managed to smash Shatty thrice witin the last two days. (twice yesterday) It’s definitely possible, but it REALLY needs coordination and a bit of luck, too.
I don’t think it’ll ever be accomplished on a pug map though, not unless Anet is making it easier.

I don’t think that in a month or two anyone is even aiming for the achievements anymore, as it is possible to kill the Shatterer without having to fly at all. (or better, without even harming his bar at all) Either it should be made easier, or it should be a criteria for being able to kill him at all to break his bar at least ONCE during a fight.
Otherwise this’ll become quite frustrating to new players.

I don’t really see the point in implementing such a hard “one time achievement” at all if it is not necessarily needed to succeed at all.

Would be fun to see Shatty turn the whole event area into crystals so they can’t get away and instantly kill them with purple breath of doom before taking off and leaving at 10% life if his bar hadn’t been broken at least once during the fight

Trahearne <3

Kraggy.4169

So far this weekend I’ve done it 7 times and 7 fails all due to the asinine regen, he went from around 5% to 45% in one go in fight around 3 mins from the end, and the last one I just did he ended at over 80%.

No matter how many times you tell people to use CC to get rid of the blue they simply spam 1 like they always did.

I notice now many people seem to be giving up after the first or second regen as if he does it twice then it’s pretty much a guaranteed fail.

I’m mainly running around killing my 500 mobs, I don’t ever expect to get No-Fly Zone or Crystal Clear.

Seems to me this is designed as a guild-only event which is the only time you’ll get enough people who understand what the blue bar is and how to deal with it, any other times as HOT has shown since release anything with a blue bar is simply too complicated for the average GW2 weekend player.

(edited by Kraggy.4169)

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Breaking the first bar is actually pretty simple if you have everyone willing to help on the platforms and wait – do nothing but simply wait – for his purple breath attack. After that, count to 3 and jump, and pretty much bomb him down using skill 1 aimed at his head as soon as the def bar is able to be broken.

2nd one is a bit harder as it may not be predictable exactly.

But IF you succeed to break the first bar you’ll have to drop down asap and DPS him down to 50%.

As for the crystals: Destroy them from above in the same way you break his bar. That’s way more effective than 20 idiots standing on every crystal spamming their autohit. (sorry for the idiot but I’ve seen a lot brainless people in my over 30 attempts!)

It DOES need some organizing and people working together. TS is a great help for that. Another great help would be people actually reading, comprehending AND following mapchat, but I guess that’s too much for any pug map.

Would be such a relief to be able to open a new map, save it with a password, get everyone from your guild / community over and if it’s not full open it up for randoms after that. Farmers could farm and people really interested in doing achievements or successfully doing an event or a meta could organize in their communities.

It’s a shame having to leave some people behind that can’t join the map because of some people brainlessly grinding their stuff for their own sake instead.

Oh and as for Shatty regaining life: It doesn’t matter how often or how much life he regains at all – as long as every single bar is broken within 6 seconds to prevent him taking off (even if the bar is broken he’ll do that if it’s not done within 6 seconds!) you’ll still get the smash the dragon achievement in the end. Or at least a few no fly zone’s.

The only thing about DPSing him down to 50 percent and not letting him heal at all / too much is that it would only need 2 broken bars for bash the dragon instead of 3 or 4 which makes it easier to accomplish.

Trahearne <3

(edited by kuscheldrow.6415)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Shatterer breakbar went from very hard to very easy

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

I am also looking into the scaling of the break bar in general. I believe high population groups (IE most of them right now) have an unfairly harder time breaking him than small population groups. That’s one of the reasons why we need more time to group test this fix before we push it live; we need to test it at a variety of scales.

I know this post is old but is this already in effect? We still have people that want to do “no-fly” zone. but It’s pretty much impossible with only 10% of the map actually trying via Glider/Bomb Mechanic. (the rest pretty much park on the hill and auto attack, other than to break crystals)

Some commanders aren’t even attempting to help with this meta achievement any more. A commander even went afk and died for the entirety of Shatterer. Or park themselves on the hill with others.

I feel this had already become the Shadow Behemoth achievement. With nobody bothering.

Unfortunately I was well in HoT content before I wanted to try out the revised Shatterer. And now it seems too late to do meta achievements.

2/20 for No-Fly zone out of 14+ runs. This seems Impossible indeed.

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Just came back from another failed “CC/No-Fly” organized run. Organized as in only a small percentage wanted to do it. (pittering off to maybe 5-10 people of a full map) With a break bar only getting down to 25% on the first and only best attempt.

Which had me thinking of a few suggestions to fix the CC achievements that are required for meta achievement.

1. Cheap way out and make the meta 9/9 completed instead of 10/10. At least this would be achievable in the long run.

2. Make Bomb CC more effective for the small percentage of people actually wanting to do No/Fly, At least this way the small percentage can get organized and get their achievement without decreasing the difficulty of other maps.

3. Make Shatterer require coordination. Teq, and Triple Trouble require coordination to be successful, so why not Shatterer? Shatter has become easy to a point to it’s original state, Which was camping on hill. again. The only difference is running out to break crystals in a timely manner. And optional bombing, turrets, mortar.

If they made the optional mechanics mandatory, then people would actually work towards the intended game mechanics.

IMO I think it was a mistake putting a item behind a achievement that requires full map coordination. Especially when the majority of people have lost interest in those achievements only a few months after the redesign was launched.

Originally I would hope people would have learned to use the break bar mechanics, after this amount of time. but it’s just not the case. I mean most people are there for their daily chest and nothing else.

No-Fly achievement in regards is harder then the HoT legendary collection achievement of letting the Orr Risen Wizard Priest fail. And that was patched out essentially, and you didn’t need to do it 20 times.

Although I’m probably just a dwindling percentage who wants this at this point.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Shamelessly performing a bit of thread necromancy to make a couple of suggestions.

I finally got the achievement and the backpiece last night, but there are a lot of frustrated players out there still trying, with very uncooperative maps. I suppose a guild run or early organization/coordination would help in these cases, but if it hasn’t already been suggested, allow me to propose the following:

1. Cheese Hill, by Shatty’s right foot, needs to go away. C’mon, Anet, you made the boxes at Mark II Golem disappear easily enough, this cannot be difficult.

2. In the place of Cheese Hill, a spawning point for particularly angry Shatterer mobs. People still think it’s acceptable to stand there and 11111111 through the entire fight.

Kill ’em.

Digitally, of course.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

At Teq, there’s an NPC who shouts out warnings like when Teq is about to breathe fear or cause a shockwave. Is there anything like that at Shat? I can’t remember. If some NPC shouted out, “Get to da launch pad” at the appropriate moments in an Arnie type voice I think more people would do it.