Shatterer's dilemma

Shatterer's dilemma

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The screenshot speaks for itself.

The blob on one side, and Shatterer not looking at its side. A change needs to happen.

Attachments:

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Calcanius.5048

Calcanius.5048

That point is just the most popular safe spot, because it is easy to find before he spawns, there are actualy tons of safe spots (even right in front of him).
He lags some propper area damage like all/most other world bosses have, but this has been mentioned almost since the beginning and i doubt it will change anytime soon

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Yeah. I honestly wish shatterer would occasionaly drop a giant crystal shard thats an instant kill mechanic RIGHT on that hill every 15 or so seconds.

Edit: or…ya know. turn his head to face the largest group of players nad breath fire for 10 seconds or so might fix the problem.

Ghost Yak

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

People have been joking about this since a long time now. Next time, in a GW2 patch: the Shatterer will gain the ability to turn his head! Now that would be frightening.
Though at huge bosses like this (that work like objects – like Teq, Behe, etc.) i guess it will always be less interactive than with a real mob (a champ for example, like Maw’s shaman) the models are more stationary , as if they weren’t really reacting to their surroundings – even if some skills and aoes are thrown on players around them (like teq – always stares in a general direction no matter where he drops skills or where players stand)

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Suggestion time!

Crystal Wall:
x walls of crystals are created outwards in random radial directions from the shatterer. If a player is hit by a crystal, the player is trapped inside, unable to move or use skills. The individual crystals can be destroyed, freeing the player, but have high health. This attack triggers at fixed intervals. When used, any remaining crystals from an earlier attack get shattered and anyone still caught inside at this point will be instantly killed (not downed).
Telegraphed by fat orange lines.

Essentially, this will divide the area in front of the shatterer into lanes between the crystal walls. Then add a big aoe attack that can hit anywhere and have him breathe fire (purple of course) down one of these crystal lanes at random, causing a lot of burning.
This does two things: 1) makes him actually able to kill people, and 2) forces people to move around and splits up the giant ball of people.

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

A lot of world bosses are like this. everyone just stands in one massive zerg and dps’s, there’s no tactics involved

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Would be nice indeed if the world bosses would actually try to kill the players that are trying to kill him. You know, an algorithm that looks for concentrated masses of players and targeting them with massive AoE. Like, at the magnitude of 2-3 superior arrow carts, but with a small forward warning so players who watch for the clues can get out before getting downed.

Silverwastes bosses are a good example of bosses that can wipe groups that don’t think with their brains.

One – Piken Square

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Could just make multiple champ branded spawn on top of the zerg.

As they hit the ground they do aoe damage. The champs then take turns to do wide area feedback.

I would so stop AFKing

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

ppl call this GW2 version of raid

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

My fix would be:

Static Electricity – a debuff icon you get in a wide area around the Shatterer
Electricity fills the air above and around the Shatterer. If not grounded the lightning will periodically charge enough to arc through you, damaging and stunning you.

Now, the Charr would also bring basically a giant copper pole and set it up in front of the Shatterer. Not being near enough to it means you rapidly lose health and are stunned for 1s every 5s.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

During tequatl revamp we were promised to have both shatt and jormy revamped. Well… they put crystal wider, didn’t they?

Stop touching old content, give us something new. And by content I mean content, not festival. Or outfits.

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Kitty.6219

Kitty.6219

Ah, the shatterer, also known as the Sparkle Crystal Piñata. Poor thing cannot turn his neck and munch on some unsuspecting players.

Yes. I would love to see this boss a bit more difficult instead of a piñata.

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Well it’s not just Shatterer, to be honest I find it amusing that pretty much killing any dragon in GW2 (besides Zhaitan) invloves mobbing around their ankles and essentially pedicuring them to death! lol

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Zhaitan is even worse

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Zhaitan is even worse

IMO, the Zhaitan fight is the most realistic of the dragon fights, though I’m entirely certain that very few are here for too much dull realism in their dragon-smashy-magic-woo-funtime game.

My chiefest gripe is that, apart from the Teq fight, the dragon fights are pretty dull, with Shatterer being a total snorefest. Claw of Jormag feels more tedious than difficult or amusingly engaging.

I don’t really count the Zhaitan fight as a dragon fight at all. Its more like a quicktime event and I still, after all these years, often forget its even there. Its very realistic though, I’ll give it that – just what the heck ARE a bunch of teeny, tiny mortals going to do against that massive a creature with their teeny, tiny swords and spells?

They could’ve given us all airships and let us fly around bombing him out of the sky, blowing piece off of him, then having to fight the pieces with our hammers and magic helmets or somesuch? Alas. Alas.

In any case, the Shatterer is incredibly boring, and that’s a sad thing for a dragon fight to ever, ever be.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Ah, the shatterer, also known as the Sparkle Crystal Piñata. Poor thing cannot turn his neck and munch on some unsuspecting players.

Perhaps he should consult Lucius Fox. You know, that guy who made it possible for Batman to move his Neck, he could definetly help the Shatterer with his Neck issues.

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

sad thing that the devs confirmed that they don’t plan to rework the old open world bosses sure, new things have priority, but why not improving the ones we have… would also be the perfect time to award mastery points for a win.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Lets not rush into this, guys. Baby steps.

Shatterer is currently vulnerable to blind. People can stand anywhere they want in the fight, even where he directly breathes fire and stomps shockwaves, and still not take any damage because of that. First lets make him immune to blind so that everyone slashing at his ankles gets sent flying after every attack, as happens with Tequatl. Then we can figure out what else needs changing to actually improve the encounter.

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Could just make multiple champ branded spawn on top of the zerg.

As they hit the ground they do aoe damage. The champs then take turns to do wide area feedback.

I would so stop AFKing

That would just mean more loot.

Lets not rush into this, guys. Baby steps.

Shatterer is currently vulnerable to blind. People can stand anywhere they want in the fight, even where he directly breathes fire and stomps shockwaves, and still not take any damage because of that. First lets make him immune to blind so that everyone slashing at his ankles gets sent flying after every attack, as happens with Tequatl. Then we can figure out what else needs changing to actually improve the encounter.

Strange oversight for the “legendary” world bosses since even champs have partial blind immunity through Unshakeable.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

April Fool’s Day 2015:

Shatterer turns his head to face AFK rock.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Shatterer's dilemma

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Strange oversight for the “legendary” world bosses since even champs have partial blind immunity through Unshakeable.

Shatterer doesn’t count as a “Champion” or a “Legendary”. He’s an untyped structure. He was set to be immune to crowd control effects, so they didn’t think to slap Unshakeable on him, but that has left him vulnerable to blind. This isn’t unprecedented. Both Tequatl and the Great Jungle Wurm were also both vulnerable to blind, only to have that vulnerability rescinded with the world boss revamps. Shatterer wasn’t the only boss missed when doing the pass to grant blind invulnerability, Golem Mark II can still be blinded as well, which makes it so that you don’t have to dodge the first two ground pound attacks it does (the third is a two-hit attack and thus negates blind). Of course, Golem Mark II has its own issues that go on beyond blind, as the lightning floor that’s the real threat operates separately from blind, and people have a safe spot to avoid it anyway.

I should test and see if Shadow Behemoth can be hit with blind. It won’t matter even if it can, because it becomes invulnerable during its attack phase and any applied blindness should actually run out of duration before its first attacks would land. But it’s more the principle of the thing!