Shining Blade Backpack Glider [Feedback]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I would have bought it if it was not:

1. Blue (I would also not settle on light/neon green, orange, or white.)

2. Cannot be dyed

The glider on it’s own is pretty good, but not worth 700 gems when I can just use wings which btw will actually MATCH my glider.

I would like to move away from wings while still having a cool and perhaps large back item, but the disparity between my back item, and glider is to great to justify it for me.

With that said to me as a glider it’s also more appealing in some cases to use wings with no back item.

So good effort, but I will unfortunately not be buying.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

Considering the colors of the Shining Blade are Blue and Gold having their back piece display that is fitting. However I do agree that it would have been nice if the back dyed to match the glider.

Posted by: RizelStar.3724

RizelStar.3724

Yea I’m a bit salty I bought the glider/backpack forgetting that for some odd reason they have a disbelief in matching the backpack with the changed glider colors. It’s my fault but i’d be lying if I said I don’t have any frustrations with their mindset on glider/backpacks customizations.

I mean I thought by now it would be possible to enable and disable backpack dye colors pending on the backpack. (Enabled for Blade backpack, disable for fractal backpack, and etc). AT least a backpack match glider color scheme checkbox(Disabled for wings and etc). Might be a lot of work but I swear it wouldn’t hurt especially the sales.

Because I’m not buying anymore glider/backpacks until we are able to match. Again I facepalm at myself just for getting the recent ones.

Posted by: Crash.5362

Crash.5362

Yes. I bought it without realising that I couldnt dye the backpack to match the glider (and the whole character’s color concept)
I’m salty and deeply regretting it :/
The whole concept of buying a “backpack + glider” combo is ruined by the fact you’re forced to change everything to fit the backpack, or not use it at all ever.

(I just made a post about it pretty much simultaneously to you.)

I want my money back. And this is surelly the first and last time I buy a back/glider thing until we can match colors.

(edited by Crash.5362)

Posted by: Aikawa.8726

Aikawa.8726

Same for me. I thought that the colors would follow the glider but I was wrong. I posted on Reddit but didn’t get much attention.

I hope a dev sees this thread and can at least give a little reply about this matter.

I can live without it but I also feel disappointed. I’m just using the glider and actually wanted to use the backpack too. But it’s horrible to not have matching colors.

I bought a pair of these things for my wife and I, we both kinda regret it, but it’s done anyways.

Hopefully, there will be a fix. If not adding dye channels to backpack, at least copy the glider’s color, that would be awesome.

Please Anet, notice us !

Crash.5362

Same for me. I thought that the colors would follow the glider but I was wrong. I posted on Reddit but didn’t get much attention.

I hope a dev sees this thread and can at least give a little reply about this matter.

I can live without it but I also feel disappointed. I’m just using the glider and actually wanted to use the backpack too. But it’s horrible to not have matching colors.

I bought a pair of these things for my wife and I, we both kinda regret it, but it’s done anyways.

Hopefully, there will be a fix. If not adding dye channels to backpack, at least copy the glider’s color, that would be awesome.

Please Anet, notice us !

Yes please do notice us.
I cant believe it must be THAT MUCH work to make the glider match the backpack’s color somehow. I mean, it would just make everyone way more interested in buying it, everytime I tell someone about how the colors dont match they instantly give up on buying it. You guys are just losing money.

Posted by: Arakanga.1569

Arakanga.1569

I have the same issue with this. I bought the pack and forgot about this and now I regret wasting 700 gems on something that restricts my character’s appearance this much. If the glider can be dyed, so should be the backpack. Otherwise it looks great, but this kind of ruins it.

“Suppose you throw a coin enough times… suppose one day, it lands on its edge.”

Kain – Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Crash.5362

I just wish they’d realise that the ammount of people interested in buying these things would triple if it wasnt for the whole “backpacks cant be dyed” deal.

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I mean… It’s great that it’s lore friendly.

But I’m a tad lost for the lore for GW1, and I only watched wooden potatos to a point before release so I’m still a little left out.

The thing is, I see a nice back item. Very aesthetically pleasing. But the colours alone turn me off of it, and this is the type of thing where I’d normally be willing to spend money on gems.

So I know my one $10 USD purchase (btw they should do region based like every other game.) matters little to them, and I will eventually buy for something else I like.

But that is one less sale that they could of had. I don’t know if it’s a technology issue and they haven’t worked on it, but that would defensively shoot up their sales.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

I saw this glider/backpack combo and had to buy! This is the first glider i have purchased. I did not realize the back item would not dye to match my glider dye i selected. This just sucks! If I had known that I would not have impulsed buy. Now i’m stuck with blue while running around and red while gliding. I thought I was missing something until i came to this forum and found i’m not the only person thinking the same thing. Please anet let back items match the glider if its a set. Thanks!

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Crash.5362

Yeah, well, I wish they would at the very least release some different color pattern options. Maybe a black, a red and a green version ? So that at least a majority players have a option that somewhat matches what they’re looking for.
(I srsly hope they dont release in a few weeks the other color versions and bill +700gems for it.)

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

~Bought it and love it. But its really bothering me also that the back color does not match with the glider.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

You all do realize that no backpack has ever been dyed, right? So this shouldn’t be a surprise, right?

Support does refund some gem purchases. Worth a try.

Posted by: Aikawa.8726

Aikawa.8726

Yeah but it’s the first time they released (afaik, not sure) a combo backpack+glider with a dyeable glider.

Other combos were White Wings, Black Wings, etc., but those gliders can’t change colors.

Right now it’s just weird to have two different colors. I really hope more people would come and raise their opinion on this so maybe Anet can notice this thread.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

I had forgotten about this issue. One of my friends was complaining about this with the moth wings backpack which made me not buy that one. I was planning on getting this one today, but now that I’m reminded of this, I will pass.

I guess this would open the floodgates if we could dye backpacks, but the ones sold in the store where you can dye the glider, the backpack should just match. Not sure what the issue is with getting this to happen. But I am not going to be buying backpack/glider combos till I can dye both parts to match each other.

Fashion wars is real and it exists; please take our money!