Shooting through stealth!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tsubby.6598

tsubby.6598

Shouldn’t the stealth mechanics avoid the shots fired by a ranger when he doesn’t AOE?

I mean, i went invisible how would you keep track of my location by just starting a combo, is the person psychic or smth?

They might as well be with the new druid class being one of their new specializations, but untill then it’s just unrealistic. Are they going to fix this?

Thoughts?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

If you are talking about rapid fire and going into stealth after the player started channeling the skill, then yeah it will keep hitting. Channeled skills will track you in stealth if you enter stealth while it is being channeled.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

“avoid the shots fired by a ranger”
Every channel ability in the game will track through stealth. I’m sorry you are so incapable of pressing dodge once which will pretty much avoid all of the damage from rapid fire.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

Posted by: tsubby.6598

tsubby.6598

I know it keeps hitting, hence my observation.
My question was, aren’t you supposed to lose target and therefore miss""? What are you shooting at if the target is no longer there?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

It’s just an anomaly of how the skill functions. Yes, you lose targeting and any attack besides that channeled one will miss. However, if you are talking about non-targeted skills hitting you, then it’s probably that you are just in the trajectory. If you are invisible, and someone is firing in a straight line, and you happen to be standing in the line of fire, you will get hit. Invisibility is not the same as not existing and thus can’t be hit. If you walk into the line of fire while in stealth, you will get hit. You can always take damage even while in stealth. It’s why you see melee users swing wildly while fighting someone in stealth.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Stealth != Invulnerability

If you don’t dodge/move the attack will hit you.
Simple as that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I know it keeps hitting, hence my observation.
My question was, aren’t you supposed to lose target and therefore miss""? What are you shooting at if the target is no longer there?

Yes it lose the target but if the enemy has already chaneled the skill it will still hit you, not only ranger has this kind of skills. It is ment to be this way otherwise stealth would be severly OP.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

l2p issue, nothing to see here folks.