Should I apply skins or wait for wardrobe?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

I, like many of you, have a lot of neat unused skins in my bank. But since many of them are a one-time use, I’m hesitant to use them in case I change my mind! Has there been any word about a wardrobe system and whether or not the available skins will be retroactive?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

A wardrobe system would be awesome but I think it would be (sadly) counter productive to anets business model of selling one time use items in rng boxes to acquire new skins.

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for it.

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

It COULD work like pvp’s locker, where you can only fit one of each skin into it.
Wonder if “wardrobe” is on their list, hope so!

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

The gem store is that way →

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

A wardrobe system would be awesome but I think it would be (sadly) counter productive to anets business model of selling one time use items in rng boxes to acquire new skins.

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for it.

But that model has been in transition for a while. I think the last RNG skin was the dragon bash weapon set, right? Since then, we’ve gotten quite a few straight up purchasable sets. If they’re really making that much money from people buying multiple sets of the same armor, then I would understand. But I imagine that very few people do that. And even fewer people go for the exact same skin from Black Lion Chests.

So then it comes down to… what, Transmutation Stones? And the multiple sales of the same armor sets? I question whether those are serious streams of revenue.

Further, a wardrobe doesn’t necessarily negate Transmutation Stones, as they could put a cost on wardrobe use. Each skin you take out could cost 1 or more stones. Most players have like 100+ stones in the bank and nothing to spend them on. And the stones themselves are useful for changing builds, as well.

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

Once enough people have expensive skins on their ascended weapons and armor, there won’t be anybody left to buy skins. No one in their right mind will apply or transmute over those skins and I doubt anyone wants to make two of the same ascended weapon or armor. Some may buy the splitters to save their skins, but I suspect a large percentage will opt to rock what they got on.

I personally have no intention of buying something off the gem store to help me save money I already spent. I didn’t realize we were leasing them. Only when Anet notices their new skin sales dropping and figure it out will this become an important issue to them.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I, like many of you, have a lot of neat unused skins in my bank. But since many of them are a one-time use, I’m hesitant to use them in case I change my mind! Has there been any word about a wardrobe system and whether or not the available skins will be retroactive?

I haven’t seen ArenaNet say anything yet about a PvE wardrobe feature. Generally they only mention something when it’s coming out very soon and are very clear about long term timelines on other things.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

No one in their right mind will apply or transmute over those skins

o_O

I would. Some of the ascended skins are bleh for me. I’ll definitely be transmuting a few ascended skins into an exotic look.

I have a friend who has himself a fancy ascended Godskull Slayer. No arguing taste.

In terms of ascended looks, I do really like Occam’s Scepter. Genuinely a BA skin. I feel like a magikoopa with it. :B

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No one in their right mind will apply or transmute over those skins

o_O

I would. Some of the ascended skins are bleh for me. I’ll definitely be transmuting a few ascended skins into an exotic look.

I have a friend who has himself a fancy ascended Godskull Slayer. No arguing taste.

In terms of ascended looks, I do really like Occam’s Scepter. Genuinely a BA skin. I feel like a magikoopa with it. :B

Yep, same here. Not too thrilled with the look of the Ascended weapons as a whole (some do suit my Mesmer, but only her), so if/when I end up getting Ascended weapons, I’m transmuting them immediately. Same will probably happen if/when I make Ascended armor. Heck, I even have plans to transmute the classic T1 crafted armor appearance over an Exotic set!

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

there will never be a wardrobe system

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

They should add a wardrobe system, since it would increase gemstore skin sales. Instead of having to replace old great armor skins (or keep crafting new top stat armor to put the new skins on) you could change appearance with the click of a button. I would think many people would actually be more inclined to buy new skins, since you wouldn’t have to worry about replacing old ones. Have it work like the LoTRO cosmetic tab (stats from the base armor, appearance from cosmetic tabs) and it’ll be great.

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Being able to collect armor skins and use any of them at a whim repeatedly would make me much more inclined to buying any in the first place. As it is, I only bought one skin so far and only used two pieces of it at that. Feels like far too much hassle wanting to re-apply a skin somewhere else, and not worth the original investment.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I’d also buy more skins if there was a wardrobe system. Currently I’m looking at the Phoenix armour, Kasmeer’s staff and Marjory’s axe and thinking “I do want them, but they don’t fit any of my current looks”. If I could buy them and just swap my look around whenever I wanted it would be a no brainer, but as it is I’m hesitant to waste gems and bank space on skins I might never use.