Should I get exotics?

Should I get exotics?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: trapline.8541

trapline.8541

I’m approaching level 80 and my main playtime is spent in wvw, previously I’d been happy that at level cap I could farm some dungeons and get the looks i wanted on the exotics I acquired, and then just keep playing wvw and not have to do any other content unless I wanted new visuals and something different when I felt like it.

With ascended gear I am wondering if now I need to do this new dungeon a bunch to get it? can it be bought instead or crafted?

If I just stick with exotics am I going to be really weaker in wvw?

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Exotics are your only choice for most slots at the moment. Only the back and accessories are currently available as ascended, and yes, you will need to do a great deal of grinding to get them.

Yes, you will be weaker in WvW against someone who has those extra bonus stats. It won’t be a huge difference – for now, anyway – but neither is it insignificant.

Welcome to Grind Wars 2.

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

You should get exotics. Currently, Ascended Gear is limited to back slot and rings. Also, it’s a huge grind to get even one piece. Exotics are much easier to get, and they represent a significant upgrade from rares.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

Until they have ascended armor for every slot, yes I would continue to work towards exotics.
Another question is. What would you be spending your currencies (dungeon tokens, gold, karma etc) on instead?

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Yes, get exotics of course. They’re easy to get and will make it so you can actually get deep enough into Fractals to pursue ascended gear if you so wish to do so. Also, as mentioned, there’s only the back pieces and rings available right now as it is.

Exotics will always play an important role in your characters progression. They’re the frosting on your cake. All ascended is is the extra sprinkles put on the frosting.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: Amen.2630

Amen.2630

i would stop to play this game and wait for it to get stabile and fixed

(oh actually i did so)

ascended gear will come for sure, exotics is old soon, i tell you

just who of you can imagine them removing the new gear?

they made the jewelier-crafting useless couse noone will buy exotic jeweliers anymore they all will go for ascended >_>’

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

i would stop to play this game and wait for it to get stabile and fixed

I stopped all other games to play this game, so I think I at least half agree with this post, more or less.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

I think you should do whatever makes you happiest doing. You might be statistically weaker in WvW without Ascended gear, but at least you run the chance of being more content.

Behold: Opinions!

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

If you’re mostly a wvw player, you prob’ly have enough karma when you get 80 for many pieces of exotic karma armor. It’s good and “free.”

If you actually look at the numbers that govern your character’s performance, the differences between rare to exotic on a couple of pieces are almost undetectable. The same will be true with the possible 2 rings and back that you might otherwise grind out doing fractals, except if you want to delve deep into fractals and need the infusions for agony.

So you could play with only exotic and still be very much front of the class in wvw at this point.

As a not-even-80-yet, do you feel like you’re badly handicapping your world’s team in wvw with your below-max everything?

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

I think you should do whatever makes you happiest doing. You might be statistically weaker in WvW without Ascended gear, but at least you run the chance of being more content.

Stats in WvW do not = Skill, strategy and coordination

The competitive servers in WvW are not so because they are better equipped, but because the communicate, actually play well, and have multiple guilds who coordinate assaults with each other.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Stats in WvW do not = Skill, strategy and coordination

The competitive servers in WvW are not so because they are better equipped, but because the communicate, actually play well, and have multiple guilds who coordinate assaults with each other.

I completely agree with you, but a higher number is a higher number. That doesn’t make it relevant nor significant in the grand scheme of things. My characters have died more times to fluffed dodge attempts than any number of times I could ever blame substandard equipment.

Behold: Opinions!

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: trapline.8541

trapline.8541

Thanks for the constructive replies.

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Exotics are the necessary stepping stone to ascended items. You will need them if you want a chance at ascended (which you definitely want so that you can get the next tier of armor that comes out, then the next after that). Ignoring a set would make getting the next very difficult.

Should I get exotics?

Posted by: Wolfend.5287

Wolfend.5287

wait a few months and ascended will be the new trash gear, so you can just skip over exotic.

may be legendary will grow from trees, if the current trend continues.