Should Stability cleanse Immobilize?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Q:

There you have it . The question that could have many opinions.

Immobilize can render a player completely useless for a long time and is very powerful because of that. When a player is immobilized the auto attack stops, server lag(I assume) stops you from using any skills for about .75 secs, and you cannot turn to target your foe.

There are builds out there that thrive on immobilize. An engineer alone can lock down an opponent almost permanently with a rifle , net turret , and bomb kit.

In many ways I believe yes it stability should cleanse immobilize, but in other ways I see immobilize as a key player in 1v1 battles.

You can still use a condition removal skill so that is another reason why I say no it shouldn’t.

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

I’d say no just cause that keeps a larger variety of builds. But imo, I think that we should be allowed to turn while immobilized though.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

No because its an immobilize it has nothing to do with knocking you off your feet or stunning you.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Stability is a boon that prevents the Interrupt effects. Interrupt (by the wiki definition): “An interrupt is any action that prevents a foe from completing its current action.”

Interrupt skills prevents you from casting skills, including condition removals. Immobilize does not. So it’s fine as it is.

Immobilize is in the movement impairment conditions, so do not need stability:
– Cripple – 50% Movement reduce;
– Chill – 66% Movement reduce
– Immobilize – 100% Movement reducing (aka as root).

/Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Stability is a boon that prevents the Interrupt effects. Interrupt (by the wiki definition): “An interrupt is any action that prevents a foe from completing its current action.”

Interrupt skills prevents you from casting skills, including condition removals. Immobilize does not. So it’s fine as it is.

Immobilize is in the movement impairment conditions, so do not need stability:
– Cripple – 50% Movement reduce;
– Chill – 66% Movement reduce
– Immobilize – 100% Movement reducing (aka as root).

/Cheers

Yet immobilize has one important property that the other movement impairing conditions do not have, and stunning abilities do have: preventing dodge. Because of this, I think it would be good if it was added to stability. Given the usual rareness / short duration of stability, it wouldn’t damage the use of immobilize too much anyway.

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

If I recall, and don’t quote me on it, I think they were looking into not being able to dodge while immobilized.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Use condition removal to get rid of it.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

No, immobilize is a condition and condition removal abilities are its counter. On that matter, I’d say that fear shouldn’t be prevented by stability, as it’s already countered by condition removal skills.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I would say that Stability should prevent immobilize, but be ineffective once you are already immobilized. Stability shouldn’t act as a condition removal to begin with imo, it should be preemptive only

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I would say that Stability should prevent immobilize, but be ineffective once you are already immobilized. Stability shouldn’t act as a condition removal to begin with imo, it should be preemptive only

That is very interesting, but the warrior trait that uses “balanced stance” would have to be changed.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

The need to allow dodging in-place while immobilized. As it is right now, it is almost identical to a stun, especially if you are not facing the opponent.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

I believe immobilize is too strong and should be nerfed in some way, as time has gone on in WvW it is becoming more and more common to see groups with an emphasis on immobilizing, our small group has been trying to abuse it when we can and of course it’s incredibly effective, definitely the strongest condition in WvW, it really wins fights by itself if condition removals aren’t ready, as if there isn’t always too many conditions on you to hope it will be one that gets removed.

I would like to see a diminishing return of some sort on it, like if you get immobilized you get a buff that makes you immune to immobilize for the same duration you just spent in it, it’s the chain immobilizes that make me want to break my keyboard personally..

I also think having stability block immobilize being applied but not remove it would be an awesome solution, or being able to dodge on the spot.

(edited by Incomingray.8075)

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I want “Stand Your Ground!” to be a trinket. It feels kinda like otherwise there’s not much to do with it but spam it for the retaliation.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

All it needs is the ability to turn and attack… MAYBE. If you get behind the immobilized target it’s almost as good as a stun that stunbreakers cant break.

It’s the highest tier on movement-imparing conditions and stability should not stop it.

3. Cripple is the weakest but pretty spammable.
2. Frost is much better than cripple but not spammable.
1. Immobilize is the top-tier, not at all spammable, and on pretty big cooldowns for most things. The engineer gets a lot of them because it’s the engineer class; CC is the only thing the class does exceptionally compared to all other classes. Making immobilize ineffective against stability while cripple and frost are still effective would ruin this condition.

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I believe immobilize is too strong and should be nerfed in some way, as time has gone on in WvW it is becoming more and more common to see groups with an emphasis on immobilizing, our small group has been trying to abuse it when we can and of course it’s incredibly effective, definitely the strongest condition in WvW, it really wins fights by itself if condition removals aren’t ready, as if there isn’t always too many conditions on you to hope it will be one that gets removed.

I would like to see a diminishing return of some sort on it, like if you get immobilized you get a buff that makes you immune to immobilize for the same duration you just spent in it, it’s the chain immobilizes that make me want to break my keyboard personally..

I also think having stability block immobilize being applied but not remove it would be an awesome solution, or being able to dodge on the spot.

Go away. Do you know how hard it is for an Engineer to keep an opponent within range? Engineers have no gap closers, minus Jump Shot but I don’t think any Engineer would honestly count that.

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

Go away. Do you know how hard it is for an Engineer to keep an opponent within range? Engineers have no gap closers, minus Jump Shot but I don’t think any Engineer would honestly count that.

Give Engineers some gap closers please Anet.

Also I change my mind about stability, the post above about it makes a good point, I just would like to see immobilize not be constantly reapplied.

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

NO, i don’t. If you suggest it, again, I will suggest a moderator cast “stability” on the forums, by “immobilizing” your access to them >:D

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I got stunlock gibbed by two engineers just a few hours ago, and I just rolled my eyes.

On one hand, it’s total BS. On the other hand, engineers are such a lousy class, they gotta have something.

If they ever fix the engineer class, it will likely need some attention, but until then. Does it really matter?

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I think there is too much CC spam in this game as their is.

Was it really Anet’s intention to have players not able to do anything while they die? It ruins the flow of combat. As it stands, CC favors mobs in WvW, and it’s absolutely ridiculous how you get CC locked versus large groups and get melted before the CC wears off. There needs to be a debuff on it. Immune to CC for 10s after CC which lasts longer than 2s is applied.