Should dungeons reward karma?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

Many players—myself and many of my guild mates included—are already growing somewhat tired with grinding dynamic events. Yet karma is required for quite a few things in the game, like exclusive skins and legendaries.

It might be a welcome addition to the game if dungeon runs granted karma in addition to the usual tokens and experience. Not only would this lessen the dependence on repeating the same dynamic events over and over—events that, to be quite honest, don’t demand very much of the player beyond running with a zerg—it would also help as an incentive to run dungeons even when the token-based rewards are a long way off.

Posted by: Spawn.7014

Spawn.7014

Yes they should.

Posted by: Azzras.8041

Azzras.8041

Not a bad idea imo.

Posted by: EricGORE.7896

EricGORE.7896

Uhh, yes! /signed

Do I make you Norny, baby?

Posted by: Gave.9408

Gave.9408

That would depreciate the amount of fun I receive from running said dungeon because it is considered a reward.

No thanks!

Posted by: Gopher.4562

Gopher.4562

I wouldn’t mind them offering like 25-100 karma per dungeon. I think the bulk of Karma should be earned through Dynamic Events though.

It would be silly if you could get EVERYTHING you need from dungeons alone.

Posted by: Supersomething.9213

Supersomething.9213

Considering one of the only effective ways of renown farming is WvW… Yes they most certainly should.

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Many players—myself and many of my guild mates included—are already growing somewhat tired with grinding dynamic events. Yet karma is required for quite a few things in the game, like exclusive skins and legendaries.

It might be a welcome addition to the game if dungeon runs granted karma in addition to the usual tokens and experience. Not only would this lessen the dependence on repeating the same dynamic events over and over—events that, to be quite honest, don’t demand very much of the player beyond running with a zerg—it would also help as an incentive to run dungeons even when the token-based rewards are a long way off.

Hell. Yes. Grinding events for hours on end for that 1 million karma I need for a legendary gets boring fast. I would love to be able to switch things up and get karma from a dungeon run.

Posted by: Trimethicon.7405

Trimethicon.7405

Agree.

/signed

Twist the Blade, 80 Thief
Yaks Bend
TOG – (The Orrian Ghosts)

Posted by: Quintal.6594

Quintal.6594

Yes, for sure. It would be a welcome change of pace from grinding out Orr events.

Posted by: Zay.6357

Zay.6357

That would depreciate the amount of fun I receive from running said dungeon because it is considered a reward.

No thanks!

Is this sarcastic?

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

No thanks!

u wot m8