Should each Halloween Daily count for Meta?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I should have more than 7/12 at this point, something seems off. I was on track to finish by Friday, doing nothing but a holiday daily each morning, and finishing carving pumpkins (meta, not daily) and opening bags (meta, not daily).

I finished the meta pumpkin carving and meta opening bags today, and by my counts, I suspect those are the two that didn’t count?

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Each unique daily counts only once. They are not repeatable for the meta.

They are however, repeatable for AP and repeatable for daily rewards.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

notebene.3190

I thought completing ‘the holiday daily’ each day (any 3 things) counted as 1 towards the meta. So, if you wanted to, you could just do the dailies every day for 12 days and nothing else and get the meta.

That messes things up, I guess I’m not going to get finished this year.

Thanks.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There’s still hope! I never touched the Prince instance (I might head for it if I feel like it, but I did it and its achieves last year) but I got the meta by spending time in the Labyrinth and doing all the daily task options. Not even that much time in the maze, an hour or two a day if that. I think I got maybe 5 or 6 of the event achieves and filled out the rest with dailies? Don’t give up, you can do it if you push just a little.

notebene.3190

There’s still hope! I never touched the Prince instance (I might head for it if I feel like it, but I did it and its achieves last year) but I got the meta by spending time in the Labyrinth and doing all the daily task options. Not even that much time in the maze, an hour or two a day if that. I think I got maybe 5 or 6 of the event achieves and filled out the rest with dailies? Don’t give up, you can do it if you push just a little.

Heh, that’s funny, I’m doing the reverse.

I never did Inquisition yet this year, and that’s a daily, so I did that. I did the two story steps (with and without the Candy Corn pet from last year). Also noticed I was getting counts for the daily 40 in there, ‘plus’ they count towards the monthly dungeons!

So I’m going to do that 7 more times.

That will put me 1 short though, so I might have to do the shut the doors or kill one of the big things or something, unless another unique daily step shows up that I haven’t done yet. :\

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I thought completing ‘the holiday daily’ each day (any 3 things) counted as 1 towards the meta. So, if you wanted to, you could just do the dailies every day for 12 days and nothing else and get the meta.

That messes things up, I guess I’m not going to get finished this year.

This year the meta is easily doable, without no hard work. Labyrinth will give you 9 (4 dailies once, 3 bosses, shut the door, something good to eat) within an hour (or less) of easymode farming. bloody prince both instances will give you 2 just for doing them. The last one can be easily done in the second bloody prince instance (just remember to bring some candy with you ). You can do everything it in two hours total.
Ans that’s not even touching things like daily costume fight. Or a round of Mad King Says.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

notebene.3190

Sweet! (<-pun)

Hopped into the Labyrinth for like 15 minutes and came across one of the easier big named baddies after maybe doing 10% of the doors and that finished it up.

Glad I came out and asked, thanks folks. I was content to just do dailies every day and was assuming it was getting done without really looking, and had a bit of a panic when after a week I was only at 7/12.