Should i play a guardian or play warrior?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FlamingMelon.4792

FlamingMelon.4792

So far i like both of the classes (Melee Rules) but i don’t know witch one should play i like in a melee class high damage (Dps) also like to survive in a fight a and speed to take enemy down and a little bit of range skill .Witch Should I pick Its Driving Me Insane !!! -_- -_- -_- -_-

Oh and i like pvp,pve,WvW,Dungeons etc. Well you can say i want to know which is well rounded with all of these gameplay

Attachments:

(edited by FlamingMelon.4792)

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Generally, I’d say “play both, and see which you enjoy more.”

Warrior is actually the only class I haven’t played, but I’ve always heard pretty positive things about it. I have a guardian, but I’ve never really been able to get into it like some other classes, personally.

Are you trying to figure out which is stronger in the current meta? It might help to identify which types of content you enjoy. (Open world, dungeons, WvW, PvP, etc.)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Sounds like Warrior is the profession for you, they have high survivability, decent burst/dps, they also have more range options than Guardians.

Personally I wouldn’t suggest a Guardian unless you’re used to playing a tank in traditional MMOs, Guardians do have high DPS as well but their true strength lies in their defensive support buffs, and active blocks (particularly their projectile blocks).

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Guardian. If you know what you’re doing, you can solo stuff like nobody’s business. Your damage won’t be as great as a warrior’s, but your ability to survive will go through the roof.

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbfaVHEjPI

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Guardian. If you know what you’re doing, you can solo stuff like nobody’s business. Your damage won’t be as great as a warrior’s, but your ability to survive will go through the roof.

Check it out:

My first was a guardian and I concur. On the other hand I don’t play her very much anymore. I wish I could say why, but after playing the other professions it just feels a little slow.

Posted by: FlamingMelon.4792

FlamingMelon.4792

I don’t like to solo i have a guild and like to mission with them.

(don,t Mean to sound rude)

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Maybe you should ask your guildies what they prefer.

Also not meaning to sound rude.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

On the other hand I don’t play her very much anymore. I wish I could say why, but after playing the other professions it just feels a little slow.

I’ve always thought my guardian felt agonizingly slow as well, although I attribute a lot of that to being a norn. I feel like half the reason I run staff is for the Swiftness.

My survivability seems to be pretty good as a guardian, but it gets tedious sometimes, compared to other classes. (I’m also not a particularly good guardian, because I’m not interested enough in it. Anyone have a guardian setup that feels active and exciting?)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Both classes offer good support so you’re good with group play.

Warrior has superior dps and health. It is also great for offering boons that boost everyone’s dps.

Guardian offers Wall of Reflection and Aegis, which are great for damage mitigation. Guardian staff is good for stacking might and tagging lots of targets, but does very little damage to an individual target.

IMO, if you want to be a dps beast that helps others do greater damage, go warrior. If you want to stand toe to toe with your enemy, and help those around you remain untouchable while still doing great dps go guardian.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

No worries. If that’s the case, probably warrior then. But, just to throw a monkey wrench into the works, keep in mind that your guild might not always be around to do content you might like.

Also, you might not be able to do certain content with your friends or guild. ANet is funny like that with certain instances.

If I had to do it all over again, and I couldn’t use my current class, I’d picked guardian before warrior.

You can’t do any damage if you’re dead.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

Both classes offer good support so you’re good with group play.

Warrior has superior dps and health. It is also great for offering boons that boost everyone’s dps.

Guardian offers Wall of Reflection and Aegis, which are great for damage mitigation. Guardian staff is good for stacking might and tagging lots of targets, but does very little damage to an individual target.

IMO, if you want to be a dps beast that helps others do greater damage, go warrior. If you want to stand toe to toe with your enemy, and help those around you remain untouchable while still doing great dps go guardian.

depending on your UC uptime guardian is the DPS beast

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

warrior is only good for dungeons with their crit banner or spvp with their res banner.

guardian has been desirable in all game formats because they have good damage and support.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Guardians are more about support and survivability. I would say that guardians are a combination of support/healer/tank in normal MMOs. Difference is that they still do alot of damage, in most cases not as much as a warrior, but do they have their own supportive package with them in addition to the damage.

Warriors are more attack-oriented and can do many different things. They have harder time doing solo-content though and guardians are mostly more wanted in the different formats of the game.

If you are really into going in with a melee class and doing tons of damage, I personally recommend a warrior. Guardians do alot of damage however their playstyle may be considered slow and stale if you don’t like playing your more supportive role.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Both are great and useful in pretty much all gamemodes. Guardians generally have a higher learning curve depending on what you do, ie high level fractals..guardians for this really need to have a good understanding of the profession and not simply stack and dps. Warrior is generally much easier to play, not to say its not versatile or oversimplistic. But warriors in general in RPG’s are standard well known professions and are usually made easier to play and understand. Warriors are also great for any game mode and have excellent mobility, higher hp then guardians but in my opinion not the kind of sustainability that a guardian has. Basically cant hurt to have both, but I would recommend making a warrior first to get an introduction to the heavy class.

Guardians are more balanced in terms of solo/group play as they have great group synergy and can provide a lot of group support. Warriors are generally more offensive oriented and do not provide much defensive support.

Rangewise, in terms of damage warrior longbow is quite reliable as it gives good damage plus aoe and conditions. And the rifle gives nice single target damage, and can be traited to pierce.

Guardian range options are a little…unbalanced but have its uses. Scepter gives nice damage with the #2 skill at 1200 range, and the staff auto attack can hit 5 targets at once making it an ideal farming weapon, but not great for dps. However it can provide great self healing when traited with Altruistic Healing when using the #4 skill. So staff is a nice support weapon.

Also depending on how you want to build it, either can be tanky, or pump out high dps, even both if you play it properly.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Posted by: Ikaros.5730

Ikaros.5730

Level both, there both fantastic, currently I’m loving my guard, but u can swap your acceneded items between them if u want since there both heavies, both use GS alot.