Should we kick [spoiler] from our Guilds?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: exp.3178

exp.3178

For the better sake of everyone we could hold them back in one map so the rest of us is safe. Better put everbody who has a Sylvari as toon in one map. In fact best would be put everone who ever played together with a Sylvari in open world or personal story in one map, because we cann’t trust them anymore.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s funny how he states it’s just a joke thread literally at the very beginning, and some people still take it serious.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

For the better sake of everyone we could hold them back in one map so the rest of us is safe. Better put everbody who has a Sylvari as toon in one map. In fact best would be put everone who ever played together with a Sylvari in open world or personal story in one map, because we cann’t trust them anymore.

Internment camps, I like.

You can never know which Sylvari is willing to help the enemy and which one just wants to live by.

Unfortunately, I’m too lazy to vet it, so just let them sort it all out.

I nominate sending them to Orr.

Vol.7601

Who wants to start a focus group/guild called Sylvari Refugees?

It would make it easier for us to collect all Sylvari conveniently and purge them easily into the depths of Mount Maelstrom

So, you’re saying you want to drop a ring (band, group, troupe, collective) of Sylvari into a volcano?

…Why does that sound tremendously familiar as a plot?

We must purge our enemies.

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

I like how everyone’s assuming that the Sylvari would be losing that sort of a fight. Open world pvp gogo! Come at us bros!

I like how everyone’s assuming that the Sylvari would be losing that sort of a fight. Open world pvp gogo! Come at us bros!

4 races against 1, and the total sylvari population was only 15% of the playerbase according to that infographic. So unless the Sylvari can pull a battle of thermopylae you are all gonna die!!

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Tyria is going to have a sallad fest after killing Mordy.

Ah yeah

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

You don’t kick us. We quit.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

This makes me extra glad that there is no open world PvP. It would be open season on Sylvari.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

ArenaNet, we need a special WvW server for Sylvari against the rest of the world. Make it so.

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

4 races against 1, and the total sylvari population was only 15% of the playerbase according to that infographic. So unless the Sylvari can pull a battle of thermopylae you are all gonna die!!

not sure how you intend to even hit us when we’re riding a dragon and having a good time!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

not sure how you intend to even hit us when we’re riding a dragon and having a good time!

Remember what happened to the last dragon? If not, Arah Story path. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yeah because of the master slyvari you were able to defeat Zhatain… good luck killing another dragon without slyvari. Heck, we were the only race that c ouldn’t be corrupted by the other dragons, without us you will ALL be dragon minions.

Plus… we can GROW an army in an instant… you will never win…

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yeah because of the master slyvari you were able to defeat Zhatain… good luck killing another dragon without slyvari. Heck, we were the only race that c ouldn’t be corrupted by the other dragons, without us you will ALL be dragon minions.

Plus… we can GROW an army in an instant… you will never win…

Pfft… retrofit a couple of airships with sprayers and crop dust the whole area.
~ Buh Bye Sylvari

Of course this time don’t fly so F’n low!!!!! GG, the logic used by our favorite heroes in this “ending” is aggravating.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Vol.7601

This makes me extra glad that there is no open world PvP. It would be open season on Sylvari.

Awhile back there was one small guild that didn’t kill/attack anyone but rangers. Or at least, they prioritized rangers (bearbows) over anyone else.

Maybe there will be a guild called Sylvari Hunters

Posted by: TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

stop treating us like monsters, we are not your enemy!

my fate is my own, I will not be Mordremoth’s slave!- Ezonos Nightbriar

Rauderi.8706

Spoken like someone who doesn’t want me to believe he’s my enemy!
I will not be fooled!

(Really though, way to re-use the trailer~ I’m curious how Canach is going to develop in light of this.)

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Did anyone even stop and think that maybe Rytlock was referring to the Nightmare Court/Soundless, not to the Pale Tree/Dreamers Sylvari?

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

I can imagine having the option as a Sylvari to betray your friends at the end and forever reign as the domineering race over Tyria.

-All Sylvari fuse inside Mordrromoth power-ranger’s style?

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

Rauderi.8706

Did anyone even stop and think that maybe Rytlock was referring to the Nightmare Court/Soundless, not to the Pale Tree/Dreamers Sylvari?

You can’t tell them apart until it’s too late. That’s why he said it.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Yes.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am an American and dont approve. The Dragonklan is our true enemy.

The Risen said the same thing

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

im jewish and this thread offends me

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

im jewish and this thread offends me

Is this a reference to Godwin’s law?

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

No.

+1

For the fastest and best answer to OP.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

You guys havent gotten it yet. Its all part of the story. Obviously sylvari cant be trusted after this, and it will probably ruin the pact and the united fight against the dragon. Though the other leaders understand that the sylvari from the pale tree is innocent, they still want the sylvari out of the pact and away, to keep the focus on the dragon(s).
The solution to keep both the peace with the sylvari and the fight against Mordremoth going, is as simple as it is brilliant.
The new maps (hopefully) we get with the exspansion (evenmorehopefully) will be for sylvari only.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Before Sylvari players rage, let me say that I am kidding

But then again when I think about it is somewhat epic. Something that did not happen in any MMO.
One group of players , one race would be banished from rest of community. They will feel anger, loneliness, hate. People will kick then from party and guilds. Then Anet should enable open world PvP towards sylvari. So they could be attacked anytime. They would run and hide in their home town. No other races would have access to Grove. Playing sylvari would be so interesting!

Then one day they will come back with ravange. Asura will know about this and will form Arcane Order. Asura players who will join this group will hunt and kill all sylvari.
We will use new Arcane outfit because it look like Jedi robe. We would have secret meetings and things like that

Wouldn’t it be fun?

Asura should resume live experimentation on Sylvari now that we know they’re Dragon Minions.

Vorpp is now vindicated, Vorpp did nothing wrong.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

A race war should liven things up. I mean, it’s been 200 years since the Charr and Humans really gave each other a beating, or rather the Charr gave the humans a beating. Ever since I played through that in GW1, I wanted to play Charr (thanks Anet for making Charr playable, though the character designs should have been a bit more influenced by the GW1 charr, but that’s by the by).

Asura have been having what is effectively their own version of a civil war between the Inquest and the rest. Norn only care about making war on the local wildlife and the local beer keg.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

To quote the great Canach “We are NOT your enemy!” =(

cuddles her many Sylvari This is exactly why I don’t like how dark the storyline is going. Its just too much to be accosted for being a race. There is more than enough of this IRL to want to deal with it in a game. I don’t find it funny or a joke. If you see me in game don’t say that crap to me even jokingly.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Azrael.4960

cuddles her many Sylvari This is exactly why I don’t like how dark the storyline is going. Its just too much to be accosted for being a race. There is more than enough of this IRL to want to deal with it in a game. I don’t find it funny or a joke. If you see me in game don’t say that crap to me even jokingly.

I actually quite enjoy the darkness in the story. It just goes to show that not all is as it seems even with the seemingly shiny sylvari. It also helps explain how the sylvari came to be. Spontaneously sprouting from a tree requires an enormous amount of magic and what better way to explain that than a dragon?

I especially liked how they delved into the back story of Faolain’s descent into Nightmare.

However, all the deviousness is why I prefer playing charr. Nice and blunt, like a hammer to the face

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

It is getting on my nerves, too. The similarities to some very real conflicts makes it even worse, to me.
Not every Sylvari is corrupted, not everyone that is corrupted is a Sylvari. Come on, people, you DID learn something with the conflicts that the world have been facing lately, right?
Also quoted because of “great Canach”. Because he is the best character of the entire game, no contest.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I actually quite enjoy the darkness in the story. It just goes to show that not all is as it seems even with the seemingly shiny sylvari. It also helps explain how the sylvari came to be. Spontaneously sprouting from a tree requires an enormous amount of magic and what better way to explain that than a dragon?

I especially liked how they delved into the back story of Faolain’s descent into Nightmare.

However, all the deviousness is why I prefer playing charr. Nice and blunt, like a hammer to the face

I am not talking about the game itself delving into it. Because I know that the Devs and writers are going to take great care in how they tell this story. It is going to be a very enlightening and lore building story for a race we know very little about. For that I am excited. I want to know where my favorite and most played race comes from.

What I am bothered by is the way the player-base will handle it.. and judging by this thread and some things I read on map chat yesterday, proves the player base CANNOT handle it. I am just fearful for people thinking its okay to start actually doing things like kicking Sylvari from their groups, or guilds etc. It may be a “ha ha” joke right now. But it happens in real life all the time and it is not fun. I don’t want my game life to emulate my real life.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

What find not fair, is the fact that until now Sylvari stood by the side of the other races who were susceptible to Elder Dragons corruption, and were sent as cannon fodder in any mission / battle where there was the possibility that Zhaitan would revive fallen Pact soldiers. And now that SOME of them might be susceptible to Mordremoth’s corruption, the Pact turns around and shuns them. Yea, I am talking about all the PCs of other races.
Anyway, now it’s clear that in fact, the Nightmare that the Dreamer sensed within the dream was in fact Modremoth, and that actually the Dream is a corruption of the Nightmare – not viceversa, and everybody (not just Sylvari) should do their best to cure the Pale Tree because her consciousness /the Dream is the only thing that still protects Dreamer Sylvary. That should be the focus, saving the Pale Tree (who btw put herself in danger’s path to save all the other races’ leaders at the summit) – so that she can keep the Dream alive.
Edit: Especially because it’s obvious and to be expected that Mordremoth will want his Champion (the gone-rogue Pale Tree) – he WILL want her back.

(edited by Anyandrell.6238)

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Even though this is a joke thread I can’t help wonder how players should act.

Pretend nothing happened? Mordremoth’s minions are running around doing jumping puzzles and making money in the TP? WTF? Or perhaps some bad roleplaying about taking over the world.

Honestly, I can’t see how a Sylvari player is supposed to reconcile any of this.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Look, seriously, this isn’t that big an issue. Just everyone start carrying your standard-issue bottles of vinaigrette and special orichalcum forks . . . and we’ll be fine.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

Even though this is a joke thread I can’t help wonder how players should act.

Pretend nothing happened? Mordremoth’s minions are running around doing jumping puzzles and making money in the TP? WTF? Or perhaps some bad roleplaying about taking over the world.

Honestly, I can’t see how a Sylvari player is supposed to reconcile any of this.

This is where I’m at with it, and it looks like we won’t be getting any answers for the PC Sylvari until HoT releases, whenever that is.

I don’t RP with my characters, aside from a running inner monologue, so I’m safe in that respect, but this (highly suspected) revelation is causing some interesting problems for play. I’ve seen both sides, with people totally ignoring the revelation, and then a darker side with people booting Sylvari from parties and pugs in game.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Azrael.4960

I am not talking about the game itself delving into it. Because I know that the Devs and writers are going to take great care in how they tell this story. It is going to be a very enlightening and lore building story for a race we know very little about. For that I am excited. I want to know where my favorite and most played race comes from.

What I am bothered by is the way the player-base will handle it.. and judging by this thread and some things I read on map chat yesterday, proves the player base CANNOT handle it. I am just fearful for people thinking its okay to start actually doing things like kicking Sylvari from their groups, or guilds etc. It may be a “ha ha” joke right now. But it happens in real life all the time and it is not fun. I don’t want my game life to emulate my real life.

If players are going to take it that seriously, then they’re not worth playing with anyway.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

It might be fun and interesting (to some people at least, of which I am not one) to have something like what you describe, IF the race was billed as that from the beginning and it was made perfectly clear that you would be treated with hostility and / or outright attacked at any time. I mean, I think it’d be better if it was a faction and not a race, as with a race you have some people who might want to play the race based on aesthetics or something but not want to be constantly hated on, where a faction is more of a neutral choice, but either way, the point is that it would need to be something introduced completely up-front.

However, taking a normal race and then suddenly changing the rules and saying “Hey, you’re going to be stomped on by other players now because the story says so, sucks for you” would be a terrible thing to do. Sure, it’d be “realistic”, you don’t always get to choose your lot in life and sometimes life thrusts you into unfair and unpleasant circumstances. But this is a game, not real life, and in a game that people play for enjoyment and to escape real life, people shouldn’t be punished for making a decision long before they even knew it was a decision beyond “I want to look like a tree person”.

Posted by: Myraiya.4052

Myraiya.4052

It’s funny how he states it’s just a joke thread literally at the very beginning, and some people still take it serious.

tbh, my sylvari is my main and i love her so much. While i really hope arenanet won’t screw up my character for me, i’m getting kinda scared. People who don’t like sylvari have nothing to lose anyways, so they can more easily joke about it.

but thinking about my lovely myra being hated, that kinda hurts my heart. =/

(edited by Myraiya.4052)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

but thinking about my lovely myra being hated, that kinda hurts my heart. =/

If it makes you feel better, they don’t hate your Myra. They just hate her ancestry. And you know what, as a proud descendant of people who left Ascalon with Prince Rurik? I’m okay with that

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

As the hero character (which is all of us player characters), I’m sure we’ll take the moral high ground and will protect the Sylvari rather than attack them. I see no reason why we’d just randomly start slaying innocent Sylvari, because that would make us murderers, so to speak, and that’s not the kind of character I’d want to be.

I do, however, think we will fight evil Sylvari who have fallen to corruption, alongside Faolin’s Nightmare Court. The Sylvari hate will most likely be more of an NPC thing, not something the player character will take part in.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

You people are weird.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I understand if it’s annoying. This was one of the reasons I’d said (back in Feburary last year) doing this story would not be the greatest idea, based on singling out a player race in this manner. Still, try not to get too bothered by it: it’s wasting your time and energy to let it get to you. I say this as a fellow Sylvari player. Sylvari PCs will be McGuffin’d out of it.

Failing that, they’ll have to start allowing norns to receive pay from Jormag, asura to sign up to the Inquest today, humans to… engage in banditry (frankly doesn’t sound quite as severe, so let’s send them on their jollies to Orr, pre-Zhaitan), and Charr to go all Flame Legion (lore be kitten ed!), or go and get Branded again. Yeah.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

So…instead of logs..we throw Sylvari in the bonfire? XD :P

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Can’t we all just… get along??

I’d love to, but these Sylvari keep looking at me strangely… Sorry but I have to get them before they get me.

Yes, you must kick Sylvari from guilds.
Also as Asuras.

How about me create an Asura cannon and get rid of the Sylvari using the Asura (as projectiles)?

excuse me but i can’t take this kind of thing as lightly as you guys.
i just have seen enough bullying in my life as a person who knows what kind of kitten they are themselves – i know i’m bad. below everyone else. so there is no need to repeat that to me again and again.

= no.

Um this is kinda like a joke thread… I don’t think anyone actually means any ill will towards Sylvari… particularly not after we set them all on fire >:)

Oh just you wait until the Charr finished the Asura Cannon. Let’s see how you manage to shrug of an Asura to the face at mach-5!

Can your dragon out fly a flaming Asura shot out of a cannon at super-sonic speeds?

You can’t trust Sylvari, they belong to the dragon now!

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Before Sylvari players rage, let me say that I am kidding

But then again when I think about it is somewhat epic. Something that did not happen in any MMO.
One group of players , one race would be banished from rest of community. They will feel anger, loneliness, hate. People will kick then from party and guilds. Then Anet should enable open world PvP towards sylvari. So they could be attacked anytime. They would run and hide in their home town. No other races would have access to Grove. Playing sylvari would be so interesting!

Then one day they will come back with ravange. Asura will know about this and will form Arcane Order. Asura players who will join this group will hunt and kill all sylvari.
We will use new Arcane outfit because it look like Jedi robe. We would have secret meetings and things like that

Wouldn’t it be fun?

What’s with all this sylvariphobia? Sylvari are people too. Chill, dude.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Part of what makes this thread so interesting is that there is no such thing as a sylvari player. Only human players who choose to play sylvari. If you kick everyone with a sylvari character from your guild, you are going to be pretty lonely.

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

They did something like this about 75 years ago too..somewhere in Poland/Germany… XD

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.