Shouts... grrr

Shouts... grrr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dadjitsu.8730

dadjitsu.8730

I can contain my self no longer, since the patch it seems that every few seconds some NPC is making a shout and its getting very annoying.

The one which I find most offensive is RETREAT.. Friendly forces NEVER shout retreat, this is a hollywood source of mis-information as usual, Friendly forces use the Term REDEPLOY
Frendly forces Redeploy and the enemy retreats

Retreat is bad for moral and is only used by the uneducated and MORONS

as to the other shouts please cut down the amount of shouts being made :-)

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

it’s because it’s a guardian ability that gives you swiftness. I suppose it was meant for running away, but people use it to charge XD

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

lol, getting mad over the name of a skill. gg.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Retreat!%22

It seems guardian/warrior shouts are occurring randomly from your character. It’ll hopefully be fixed soon. No need to rage or get offended tho.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

it’s because it’s a guardian ability that gives you swiftness. I suppose it was meant for running away, but people use it to charge XD

Maybe they’re telling the enemy to retreat?

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: dadjitsu.8730

dadjitsu.8730

It seems guardian/warrior shouts are occurring randomly from your character. It’ll hopefully be fixed soon. No need to rage or get offended tho.

LOL, my character is a necro, why am I getting warrior/guardian shouts all the time

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

As far as I can tell it’s a problem with the range. If someone uses a shout on one side of the map it can be heard all the way on the other.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

The one which I find most offensive is RETREAT.. Friendly forces NEVER shout retreat, this is a hollywood source of mis-information as usual, Friendly forces use the Term REDEPLOY
Frendly forces Redeploy and the enemy retreats

Retreat is bad for moral and is only used by the uneducated and MORONS

I totally agree. I feel that Retreat! and Save Yourselves! were only added in such a way so as to emphasise the ‘cowardice’ that Anet keeps insisting that Logan showed in the battle against Kralkatorrik.

Both those shouts, silly as it seems, really affects my enjoyment of playing Guardian.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

LOL, my character is a necro, why am I getting warrior/guardian shouts all the time

Because it’s a bug, obviously.

I totally agree. I feel that Retreat! and Save Yourselves! were only added in such a way so as to emphasise the ‘cowardice’ that Anet keeps insisting that Logan showed in the battle against Kralkatorrik.

Both those shouts, silly as it seems, really affects my enjoyment of playing Guardian.

Lore wise, wouldn’t it be an ultimate act of bravery on the guardian’s part to draw all of the party’s conditions onto himself and bear their burden? There was a skill which did this in GW1 too which I’d argue was more aptly named:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Martyr

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Andariel.3289

Andariel.3289

As far as I can tell it’s a problem with the range. If someone uses a shout on one side of the map it can be heard all the way on the other.

I’m not so sure about this. Yesterday I was talking to a guildie and when I heard a shout, I could see the muzzle on my Charr move. I decided to keep a careful watch on my character and when another shout came, I could definitely see my Charr’s muzzle move. So IMHO it’s probably a bug of some sort, making your character use random shouts at random.

Was funny though to hear my engineer use Necro texts like: Rise my minions XD

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

characters are talking more. it’s really noticeable at world boss events but even just running around i found my norn is blabbing away.

i actually like it but at boss events it does get pretty noisy.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Thalasenar.7089

Thalasenar.7089

Definetly a bug – really annoying.

Thread in the bug forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Hearing-Player-Shouts-for-Map

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

By the way, both “Save Yourselves!” and “Retreat!” were skills in the original Guild Wars (well, in Factions).

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

To be honest, this “everyone screams as much as possible!” bug bores me to no limit and I’m not playing today (neither did I play yesterday)… It’s really annoying to hear the same shouts again and again even when no one’s around…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

Because it’s a bug that only showed up about three days ago after the Monday patch.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Look at the bright side, its not as annoying as a voice bug that the Operation Flashpoint devs managed to pull off (Arma devs). What Anet has done is nothing, pffff.

Your allies yelled “OH NO…. X… IS DOWN” when team members got killed (1, 2, 3, etc instead of X). It was supposed to happen once. But after one patch they started repeating it. Over. And over. And over. When someone else died? That repeated too. Eventually, your chat menu looked like this:
“OH NO… 2… IS DOWN!”
“OH NO… 4… IS DOWN!”
“OH NO… 2… IS DOWN!”
“OH NO… 4… IS DOWN!”
“OH NO… 5… IS DOWN!”
“OH NO… 2… IS DOWN!”
“OH NO… 4… IS DOWN!”
“OH NO… 5… IS DOWN!”

Every. Godkitten . Second.

/fun gaming history

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Benson.9063

Benson.9063

this was happening to me. I thought it was someone else spamming shouts but it kept happening when nobody was near me. I zoomed in on my character and her mouth was moving every time so it was definitely me! I thought it was hilarious to hear my character “impersonating” other races. but yes it got annoying.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The one which I find most offensive is RETREAT.. Friendly forces NEVER shout retrea

I used to LOVE using shouts during the LA invasion. Right at the end, when you HAD to run out of LA or die, I’d pop “Retreat” and then when closer to the portal “Save Yourselves!”. OP, maybe you should L2RP

On a serious note, yes I completely agree with Anet needing to fix this bug. I posted in the proper “bug” forums shortly after the patch about this sound bug.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’ve been calling these random shouts Schizophrenia Mode.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: arooboo.5143

arooboo.5143

I’ve been calling these random shouts Schizophrenia Mode.

lol, that’s fitting! I had read that random voices were coming out of our characters after the patch, so I was prepared for that, but no one warned me that they would be almost non-stop!

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You retreat from failure by running towards the enemies.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I find most annoying: I NEED HELP or A LITTLE HAND OVER HERE, downed state random shouts. And other shouts too, it’s like every charracter has turret syndrom (no offense )

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

My personal favorite is when my female human guardian yells, “Turrets deployed!” In a male asuran voice, or whatever the quote is.

I muted dialogue volume shortly after the update hit and won’t turn it back on until this is fixed.

Shouts... grrr

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So the voices in your head are driving you insane?

(The plan is working perfectly….MUHAHAHAH!)

Seriously, they need to fix this crap….it’s getting old.

P.S. While your at it how about finding the Warrior Adrenaline building / loosing shouts and swap their pointers / file names? That bug has been in the game since BETA and is even more annoying after the Adrenaline drain nerf……PLEASE!?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances