Show more leg skin for female armor designs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

Please show more leg skin for female armor designs of all classes [light / medium / heavy]. Too many of the current armor designs don’t show any leg skin. And of the few that do, the view of the legs are covered from behind with leg dresses/capes so there’s no full 360 view around the character.

I understand that GW2 tries to be more kid and family friendly by being more prude in the armor designs compared to other fantasy MMO games. But adding some fashionably bare legs and leg skin across all classes would be reasonable.

As you can see, our current armor choices for this are very limited…
http://argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/

(edited by Bloodlust.3672)

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

So you’re saying your armor, that which exists to protect your body from attacks, needs to have more opening around the leg area?

Is this correct?

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Please show more leg skin for female armor designs of all classes [light / medium / heavy]. Too many of the current armor designs don’t show any leg skin. And of the few that do, the view of the legs are covered from behind with leg dresses/capes so there’s no full 360 view around the character.

I understand that GW2 tries to be more kid and family friendly by being more prude in the armor designs compared to other fantasy MMO games. But adding some fashionably bare legs and leg skin across all classes would be reasonable.

As you can see, our current armor choices for this are very limited…
http://argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?lang=en&color=10&race=2&w=1&sex=1

Female Asura and Female Charr use the same armor meshes/models as their male counterparts. You can get quite some leg exposure if you play one of the other races, especially female norns.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

video game and fantasy armor is more about looks than realism

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

You can always go play Scarlet Blade.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

So you’re saying your armor, that which exists to protect your body from attacks, needs to have more opening around the leg area?

Is this correct?

Seriously trying to use logic in a fantasy game? Unicorn bows anyone?

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Is this correct?

Oh look…we have a kitten over here. Tell me which armor under the sun can protect you from a plague, fire breathing dragon and ice breathing dragon. I’m sorry but you discarded claims to ‘reason’ the moment you signed up to use cat people, giants, rat people and plants to kill an undead dragon…yes…I would LOVE to see the type of armor that can protect people on such an endeavor.

OP…troll post obviously, but I’m eager to see how many ‘U R SEXIST!!!’ posts will pop up. Brain washed white knights-your time is now! Hmm…I’m don’t subscribe to the notion that what gw2 armor is lacking is leg skin. For instance use vigil/norn t2 (I think) leggings with an exotic medium chest piece (name eludes me unfortunately-duelist I think) and you’ll end up with a character looking like she’s wearing nothing but underwear. Personally I was like ‘Aha-I bet they (artists) didn’t think of this combination.‘, killed a couple mobs then went back to norn t3. The former combination is skimpier yes…but also just doesn’t look good-it has no flair. Simply removing some cloth/metal/leather won’t make an unattractive armor set attractive-or fashionable, as you said.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I like just the amount of skin I show now, I don’t want it to change. If designs change then I have to redo my armor because of all the skin I suddenly show.

Just find some armor you like, mix and match them, and find a combo that shows what you want. I’ve already put time into dungeons and money into armor and you want me to change because you’re not happy?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profane_armor

This one works well if you wanna show a bit of leg.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I think the op is saying he wants more movement unrestricting legs. Im inclined to agree. Most light female legs have huge dress bits or hanging parts. Id like some more trouser like legs or just skimpy legs without the huge flappy bits.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Boobplate white knights everywhere. Poor design is poor design.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I like my leg skin!

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Speaking of which, it’s quite easy to get a skimpy look going.

Attachments:

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I think the op is saying he wants more movement unrestricting legs. Im inclined to agree. Most light female legs have huge dress bits or hanging parts. Id like some more trouser like legs or just skimpy legs without the huge flappy bits.

You just have to search them out. Granted light armor doesnt have much in the choice of pants but they do exist.

But what I think the op is saying is that he wants all skins, to be more revealing, including any pants we have already. Which i’d rather not have them. I dont want all my armors to be revealing.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Somehow, the words “prude” and “armor” in the same sentence doesn’t sound quite right to me.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

My characters wear way too much armor

Attachments:

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

something tells me that this post is trying a bit hard.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Novae.7801

Novae.7801

What leggings are those?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

What leggings are those?

Those are either norn cultural or vigil leggings, they look almost exactly the same.

EDIT: Just took a second to check, those are vigil.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Plenty of female pants show leg skin, I’d say far too many (not because I’m a prude, but because it’s ridiculous how many scantily clad women are everywhere, completely breaks immersion).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Plenty of female pants show leg skin, I’d say far too many (not because I’m a prude, but because it’s ridiculous how many scantily clad women are everywhere, completely breaks immersion).

Let’s go through most armor in the game (excluding racials and gem shop) :
-12 for light (And I’m counting even that )
-1 for medium (yep it’s the vigil)
-5 or 6 for heavy (wiki didn’t have all the images)

Out of 31 sets for each class. Yep too many armor shows legs. Now I didn’t say that “skin = oh my god don’t let children see that” and “covered = everything’s fine” because once again, you don’t need to be skimpy to be inappropriate.

Personally I don’t find that putting a pair of tights makes anything more appropriate. Just like the new zodiac armor don’t show any skin, yet I do find them more sexualized than the T3 underboob.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I predict the closing of this thread in a day or so!

Still, I’ll reiterate my earlier request from a different thread that went south eventually:

Whatever with the lady armour! I want equality! So, I’d like to see some chap armour where the Apollo’s Belt can be seen. No, really. Please! I want a smidge of eye candy too!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The OP is asking for female asura to show more skin.

Does no one else find that mental image a bit… horrifying?

Anyways, the issue stems from what xsquared.1926 said – asura and charr females use male armor variants. Possibly because Anet’s lazy and doesn’t want to design a third armor design because aesthetically, standard female armor wouldn’t work on our flat chested friends.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Ceridwen.6703

The OP is asking for female asura to show more skin.

Does no one else find that mental image a bit… horrifying?

I thought that at first, too. But then I wondered if that wasn’t the default page the link goes to – I had asura males, see. There was a bit at the top to change it to females (not that it matters with asura). Then you change it to the different races (which were alphabetical). I take issue with it displaying male first, of course ( ), and immediately asura, but YMMV.

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

i will agree wit op. please please please.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

People advocating for a realism in a unrealistic game.
Rainbow Unicorn shooting bows break my immersion more than bare skin on legs.

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

No, we need LESS of this. My ele is the only character i have in a semi-skimpy outfit, and that is just because 99% of the light armors are either skimpy, or just plain ugly. The game needs more decent looking light armor sets that aren’t revealing.

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You know for my norn i’m trying to wear armor that shows off a lot of skin, and for a warrior i’m having a hard time finding some.

Although for my mesmer it took forever to find a proper pair of pants, and out of all the armor sets, I had a choice of about 3.

Posted by: Shakkara.2641

Shakkara.2641

No, we need LESS of this. My ele is the only character i have in a semi-skimpy outfit, and that is just because 99% of the light armors are either skimpy, or just plain ugly. The game needs more decent looking light armor sets that aren’t revealing.

This. And female heavy sets that do not emphasise breasts.

There is no realistic metal armor at all that has breast cups or anything like that. Look up statues of Jeane d’Arc. She wears male metal armor! I WANT THAT FOR MY FEMALE WARRIOR! NO BOOBS!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Statue_de_Jeanne_d%27Arc_Place_du_martroi_Jargeau.jpg

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

This. And female heavy sets that do not emphasise breasts.

There is no realistic metal armor at all that has breast cups or anything like that. Look up statues of Jeane d’Arc. She wears male metal armor! I WANT THAT FOR MY FEMALE WARRIOR! NO BOOBS!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Statue_de_Jeanne_d%27Arc_Place_du_martroi_Jargeau.jpg

Form fitting armor is a good thing. Look at the Protector’s, Primeval and Ascalonian armor sets. The chest piece is fit to the form, but without “breast pockets.” It actually looks great. That’s how plate armor should be for the comfort of the wearer. If female warriors were more common in that time period, I’m sure we would have seen such innovation in the armor designs.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

There’s enough skin showing armour for the humanoids… But we need more fur showing skins for the Charr, WITH a tail hole…

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Being that this is a fictional fantasy game that is not supposed to have much realism (there is magic in the game FFS) I do not see why not. Players should have the right to express themselves visually in an MMO because cosmetics and gameplay is the only thing that matters for the majority.

If a player wants to look awesome with their sweet greatsword and battle bikini then so be it.

Why? Scarlet Blade doesn’t have the same gameplay mechanics and system as GW2. Now if Scarlet Blade was basically the same as GW2 I would recommend it for anyone who wants eye candy and huge breasts.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

Why? Scarlet Blade doesn’t have the same gameplay mechanics and system as GW2. Now if Scarlet Blade was basically the same as GW2 I would recommend it for anyone who wants eye candy and huge breasts.

Seven Star Stalker.1740 assumed you only played these games for the looks of the characters, I’m flabbergasted I need to explain to you the bullying tactics employed by people on these forums to silence any kind of discussion when it’s crystal clear.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I
Whatever with the lady armour! I want equality! So, I’d like to see some chap armour where the Apollo’s Belt can be seen. No, really. Please! I want a smidge of eye candy too!

A smidge? Bah! I need there to be an invisible chest armor. Yes, please. That pit fighter armor is ok, but it just needs to be gone completely. Guys need to learn to show a bit more skin too.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Whys this thread limited to female? :O

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Ceridwen.6703

A smidge? Bah! I need there to be an invisible chest armor. Yes, please. That pit fighter armor is ok, but it just needs to be gone completely. Guys need to learn to show a bit more skin too.

Hee! The more the merrier!

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Being that this is a fictional fantasy game that is not supposed to have much realism (there is magic in the game FFS) I do not see why not. Players should have the right to express themselves visually in an MMO because cosmetics and gameplay is the only thing that matters for the majority.

If a player wants to look awesome with their sweet greatsword and battle bikini then so be it.

It’s a suggestion; nothing more.

I ? Karkas.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740 assumed you only played these games for the looks of the characters, I’m flabbergasted I need to explain to you the bullying tactics employed by people on these forums to silence any kind of discussion when it’s crystal clear.

I don’t mind discussion? x:

I didn’t say stop talking.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

I don’t mind discussion? x:

I didn’t say stop talking.

you’re not contributing to it with 1 liners and non arguments, that’s why I supposed you just don’t want discussion.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I agree that 99% of the light armor are plain ugly. But skimpy ? Look again and count.

Our of all the light armor there are :
-13 tops that fully cover the upper body
-26 tops that show some skin (most of them being pretty tame) with only 9 that can be honestly considered skimpy
-9 leggings that show a bit of the legs with only 3 that can be considered skimpy
-11 set that cover the entire body

Making something skimpy just to be skimpy is dumb. They could have gave us a covered version all the way to the breasts for the Masquerade set, but nope they had to create a half skirt with exposed panties and sides… (Then again, nearly all light armor skirts are so big in the rear that you can carry a school of Quaggan babies on it).

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I like my leg skin!

Did you make Hit Girl?!

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I like my leg skin!

Did you make Hit Girl?!

XD she’s so awesome! (She’s more like “hit young adult girl” in my screen though)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I can sort of see the OPs point. There are few short skirts or such that give an open view all the way around a character. I’ll give the OP that. More exist in the heavy (I believe) than in either medium or light (4-5, 1, 1.5-ish respectively), but even those have mid thigh length skirts and then tall boots so not much leg is shown. Obviously you could pair some of them with shorter boots via mix and match, but the OP has a point.

It couldn’t hurt to see the return of something like some of these (please note I’m not talking the entire outfit necessarily):

Light
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/f/fe/Monk_Elite_Woven_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/c/cd/Monk_Labyrinthine_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/77/Necromancer_Elite_Cabal_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/f/ff/Necromancer_Elite_Scar_Pattern_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Mesmer_Obsidian_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Mesmer_Shing_Jea_armor_f.jpg (w/ shorter boots)
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/8/8c/Elementalist_Elite_Iceforged_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/d/da/Elementalist_Kurzick_armor_f.jpg

Medium
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/0/03/Ranger_Elite_Druid_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/d/d9/Ranger_Elite_Studded_Leather_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Assassin_Monument_armor_f.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Assassin_Elite_Canthan_armor_f.jpg

Variety is the spice of life… I don’t think we have enough of it in our armor choices for any type presently.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.