Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Just for player knowledge. Please? UI position would be the same as sigil stack info.

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I already have trouble with player buffs stretching up behind my mini map. I’m not opposed to this, but it might just be one more thing to clutter the UI.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Solution to your problem Tyloric, remove Some buffs and Conditions the amount is too much lol

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I already have trouble with player buffs stretching up behind my mini map. I’m not opposed to this, but it might just be one more thing to clutter the UI.

Especially problematic on a Dragonhunter …

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

Solution to your problem Tyloric, remove Some buffs and Conditions the amount is too much lol

Not all of us are capable of playing at super high resolutions.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm on the other hand how many sigils would actually require this? None of the on swap needs it except maybe for an engineer and elementalist since the weapon swap timer has that covered. Even if it was there, what are you going to do? Just sit there waiting for the cooldown even though you need skills from the other weapon set/kit/attunement?

The on hit/on crit sigils are unpredictable and uncontrollable so what purpose would it serve for those?

That seems to eliminate all the sigils with cooldowns.

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

BlaqueFyre.5678

I was saying that Anet should reduce the amount/ type of boons and conditions in game not anything against your resolution.

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I was saying that Anet should reduce the amount/ type of boons and conditions in game not anything against your resolution.

Which boons/conditions would you have them reduce?

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

BlaqueFyre.5678

The conditions I would see go would be Torment, especially now with the change to Confusion, and any other Conditions that overlap like Cripple, and Chill.

Boons I would like see removed would be Retaliation, and possibly protection since now a lot of classes have built in damage mitigation that doesn’t tie to a boon.

Or they could separate the Status effects, Boons and Conditions into their own spot on the Ui stacked to help with Screen clutter.

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The conditions I would see go would be Torment, especially now with the change to Confusion, and any other Conditions that overlap like Cripple, and Chill.

Boons I would like see removed would be Retaliation, and possibly protection since now a lot of classes have built in damage mitigation that doesn’t tie to a boon.

Or they could separate the Status effects, Boons and Conditions into their own spot on the Ui stacked to help with Screen clutter.

I’m not up on the latest changes to these but I am curious – what change to confusion makes torment obsolete? They would seem to be quite different – torment affecting movement, confusion affecting skill use. Same with chill and cripple – they both affect movement speed (to different degrees) but chill has other effects. Which are you suggesting to be removed, or both?

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

BlaqueFyre.5678

I’m not up on the latest changes to these but I am curious – what change to confusion makes torment obsolete? They would seem to be quite different – torment affecting movement, confusion affecting skill use. Same with chill and cripple – they both affect movement speed (to different degrees) but chill has other effects. Which are you suggesting to be removed, or both?

They kind of full similar roles now, Confusion now ticks even if you do nothing but does more if you activate an ability, while torment ticks when you do nothing but does more damage if you move.

Now a big thing with these are they are both denial conditions, for punishing players on doing what would be good gameplay, and normally when a build has one it also has the other.

Also my view is they have too much Boon/Condi spam in game and would like to see it reduced in stacks that each individual can apply in a short time and in the amount total in game.

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Still, having Torment and Confusion as separate conditions does allow for more flexible strategy. If you get hit with one and manage to avoid/cure the other, you can at least choose to move or fight, whichever is least costly. If they’re lumped together you don’t get that option I would think. But I stick to pve. It may be very different in pvp for all i know.

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

BlaqueFyre.5678

In PvP and WvW the amount of Conditions is gross, in a matter of two seconds in sPvP I was hit with 15 stacks of confusion and around 7 stacks of torment from a Mesmer, in WvW with the runes and sigils not restricted it becomes worse.

But back on topic I believe Sigils shouldn’t show their CDs since they are random procs anyway for the most part, but on a similar note I believe an Icon for when Trait Passives like Endure Pain and Elixir S and other related traits should show on the Status effect bar and be removed from it when it is on CD. This would allow for better gameplay overall and for better strategy

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

On the topic of the icons, not arguing for or against them, but as a person who doesn’t mind useful screen clutter, I’d be happy for the option to have the icons bigger, translucent and floating around my toon so I wouldn’t have to keep taking my eyes off the action to read the status bar. Maybe they could vary in size depending how many stacks you have and vary in distance from your toon’s head according to duration. For someone short-sighted that would be easier to follow than reading tiny numbers on a little bar of icons.

Sigil Cooldown Icons?

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Hmm on the other hand how many sigils would actually require this? None of the on swap needs it except maybe for an engineer and elementalist since the weapon swap timer has that covered. Even if it was there, what are you going to do? Just sit there waiting for the cooldown even though you need skills from the other weapon set/kit/attunement?

The on hit/on crit sigils are unpredictable and uncontrollable so what purpose would it serve for those?

That seems to eliminate all the sigils with cooldowns.

Two points:

1. For on swaps you actually can gauge when a swap is best. For instance in perhaps a more complex system (like Engineer) your entire strategy may revolve around cooldowns that are not congruent with your sigils so you effectively waste time between because you’re not actually always constantly switching and there is a four to five second window sometimes depending on what you’re facing and how reliably close you can get to it. Same with ele, there may be times when it really isn’t best to constantly flop around on your keyboard.

2. Actually it makes them more predictable for data collection reasons. Too many assumptions and not enough evidence and half the time it’s incredibly difficult (or outright impossible) to tell when something does go off if it is a generic effect like bleed or might depending on the situation.

It all makes for better planning.