Sigil Stacks lost on WP or swimming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: J Season.9156

J Season.9156

Sigil Stacks cleared on waypoint use or upon entering the water.

This is only occurring since today’s patch and there was no mention in the patch notes of any intended changes.

I know there was a bug where you could stack 2 sigil stacking weapons by swapping it in the water, however, in this case, the weapon which gave the stacks has not been removed.

Baumchen

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

I don’t know what the underwater exploit was; but the “fix” is hurting everybody.

Is this intended? If yes, what’s the reason behind this dumb change? Does putting the same sigil on one of the underwater weapons fix it?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

I haven’t experienced any issues losing stacks using a WP in the same zone, but I found that unless you have the same stacking sigil on one of your underwater weapons, you lose the stack.

Underwater weapons are now considered their own weapon sets, totally separate from surface weapons, so you’ll need to re-purchase whatever one you use.

At least you can put two sigils on an underwater weapon, for minimal impact there. If you use only one handed weapons for your surface sets, you’re going to lose something if you want to keep the stacking sigil.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Yeah, ANet need to revert this and go back to the start for a proper fix.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

xFireize.6318

I haven’t experienced any issues losing stacks using a WP in the same zone, but I found that unless you have the same stacking sigil on one of your underwater weapons, you lose the stack.

Underwater weapons are now considered their own weapon sets, totally separate from surface weapons, so you’ll need to re-purchase whatever one you use.

At least you can put two sigils on an underwater weapon, for minimal impact there. If you use only one handed weapons for your surface sets, you’re going to lose something if you want to keep the stacking sigil.

I was afraid that this was the way to work around it. That means I have to buy an extra sigil for each stacking sigil that I use. Sure it’s just another 10g, but it’s 10g going straight to the garbage — paying to avoid some silly inconvenience that should not have been there in the first place. I’ll do it and move on, but I just have to say it to the developer who “fixed” the exploit: you are dumb.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: lept.4692

lept.4692

The funny part about this change is that if you only have a stacking weapon on your underwater weapon, and get your stacks underwater, they don’t disappear when you come back on land. But when you flip that situation, the stacks you get on land disappear when you go underwater.

Emu [VLK]

xFireize.6318

Wow really? It’s a bug then. No patch note about it and it really looks too dumb to be an exploit fix. I guess we’ll have to wait for the official response.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I’ve also noticed the problem this morning while playing WvWvW. Every time I went through Bay water in order to reach wurm gate camp from Briar I would lose stacks which I highly doubt is intentional. I mean people will now have to stay away from water in order to avoid losing stacks in WvWvW? o.O

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

So the fix to this is to have a stacking sigil of the same type above and underwater? Is this a confirmed bug or if this intended?

I mean, I think it’s good that they made an attempt to fix the exploit whereby you could stack on land, keep a stacking sigil underwater, and then swap the on-land weapon and completely bypass the previous “Don’t Unequip the item” limitation they put in place. I hope they fix this issue if it is an issue, though.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

So the fix to this is to have a stacking sigil of the same type above and underwater? Is this a confirmed bug or if this intended?

I mean, I think it’s good that they made an attempt to fix the exploit whereby you could stack on land, keep a stacking sigil underwater, and then swap the on-land weapon and completely bypass the previous “Don’t Unequip the item” limitation they put in place. I hope they fix this issue if it is an issue, though.

That does not seem to help according to this post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Stacks-disappear-underwater/4043475

Posted by: Aevis.4632

Aevis.4632

I think the problem is swapping to a weapon that doesn’t have the sigil. I noticed this today on land. I had 15 bloodlust stacks when I had my dagger during a fight, while in the fight I swapped weapons and my stacks went away.

This is really lame and should be fixed.

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

You must be encountering some sort of bug. I spent around 10 minutes in EB, testing to see what causes the stacks to vanish. I have a Sigil of Perception on my Shortbow, and one on my underwater spear. No matter what combination I tried (jumping in the water with my speargun as the equipped weapon, and vice versa with spear), my stacks remained, even when leaving the water to my P/D weapon set.

I also tried using the available WPs and my stacks remained. I suspect there’s something else at play, perhaps something specific to a zone or weapon set combination.

Posted by: Kibblet.9367

Kibblet.9367

They used to treat stacking sigils on water weapons as equipped. So players were still able to swap out the sigils as long as they had the same sigil on their water weapon.

Now, after verifying it, water weapons and land weapons are properly treated as separate weapons. If you want to keep your stacks, put your sigils on your land weapons as well as your water weapons.

Regarding the way pointing issue, I tested this a few different ways and was unable to duplicate it from land to land and water to water WPs. I was able to reproduce it by teleporting from water to land and vice versa without the proper weapon equipped for my destination.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yeah it is intended now for you to lose the stacks if you go in and out of water unless you have a bloodlust on an underwater weapon also.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Bloodlust
“As a result of the April 2014 patch, the Sigil of Bloodlust — and presumably, other “stack on kill” Sigils — have been significantly degraded. If you are an Elementalist, all accumulated stacks are lost any time you change weapons, even if the new weapon has the Sigil of Bloodlust. If you carry dual weapons with Bloodlust Sigils, you no longer get two stacks for each kill. If you are a profession with weapon swap capability, you will retain your accumulated stacks only as long as one of your two weapons has the Sigil of Bloodlust."

My understanding is they wanted to stop people from building up a stack and then switching to another weapon set with a different set of sigils. I guess they felt that was too overpowered.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

That does not seem to help according to this post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Stacks-disappear-underwater/4043475

Thanks for the link. Since there is an existing thread on this topic in the Game Bugs sub-forum, we are closing this one.