Sigil mechanics ?

Sigil mechanics ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi all

I have a question, I used to know the answer to but that was long ago and forgot, so gotta ask it again.

I need to know, if the bonusses from certain sigils stack, or is it the highest one that takes precedence ?

For example, if you have a toon, wielding a 2 hander, and you put a Sigil of Force in 1st slot, and Sigil of Bloodlust in the 2nd slot, or a Sigil of Bursting and a Sigil of Corruption respectively, will the effects of those stack ? or will the one that gives highest bonus at a time take over ?

Also looking for some official sources, not just opinions or heresay or “shoulda coulda woulda”, but actual confirmation.

Thanks !

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Sigil mechanics ?

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

From the wiki:

Sigil interaction

A character can always equip two sigils at a time (either one sigil each on a main-hand and off-hand weapon, or two sigils on a two-handed weapon). In general, the two sigils will both provide their effects independently as long as the base sigil is different. The exceptions to this are the attribute increasing stacking sigils: only one stack effect can be active at a time. Additionally, sigils with the same base sigil will share cooldowns between weapon sets.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Sigil mechanics ?

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

From the wiki:

Sigil interaction

A character can always equip two sigils at a time (either one sigil each on a main-hand and off-hand weapon, or two sigils on a two-handed weapon). In general, the two sigils will both provide their effects independently as long as the base sigil is different. The exceptions to this are the attribute increasing stacking sigils: only one stack effect can be active at a time. Additionally, sigils with the same base sigil will share cooldowns between weapon sets.

Hi, thanks for the answer, but that is still somewhat unclear.

I am aware of this and found the A-net posts about stacking for example 2 Sigils of Force, you will still get only 5%, not 10 %. Or a Sigil of Bloodlust + Sigil of Bursting, you will get the 25 stacks of the one which procs 1st, or once the stacks clear the other might proc 1st and you will get only 1 set of the 25 stacks at a time.

I’m also aware of the 10 seconds global ICD if you use same proc sigils on both weapon sets and swap weapons.

But that WIKi makes it still unclear, by it, the 2 should bonusses should stack, but like I said, I’d like to have something better then “should” an actual fact that plainly and to the point says “does”. Reason for this is because the 2 affect same attribute, in the examples I listed its power or condi dmg, but it will also apply for all sigils available which likewise affect same attribute, for another example, healing power.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Sigil mechanics ?

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

The answer to your examples is “yes”.

You know, you could just try it out. Just buy green versions of the sigils in question and see what happens. Saves you wondering and solves the problem for a few silver.