Signet of Inspiration

Signet of Inspiration

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

It’s useless now. Change it back into the old Signet of Inspiration.

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s useless now. Change it back into the old Signet of Inspiration.

It’s far from useless.

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Still useful, just not ridiculously overpowered like it was before. You gotta learn the difference between an overpowered skill being balanced and a balanced skill being nerfed.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Its not useless but the nerf was extremely heavy handed, applied in the wrong place, and overall didn’t achieve the intended goal. Its still very possible to have perma boons using SoI and multiple mesmers. And in raids its still possible to have perma quickness, and the change to SoI made it easier to achieve perma alacrity on top of that (since a lot of squads are now running 2 chronos….).

Overall I don’t think the nerf was successful. It didn’t nerf the generation of these powerful boons, didn’t nerf the maximum amount of boon duration you can get (100% is honestly too high, 80% is a much better maximum), didn’t nerf the need for Stab or Resistance in WvW by nerfing access to highly damaging condis and condi duration….. It was just an impulse nerf that ultimately wasn’t successful imo.

Signet of Inspiration

Ayrilana.1396

So Anet decides that Revs provide too many stacks of might to groups so they nerf the max number of stacks that a Rev can generate to 6. Groups then take two Revs. Anet needs it again to just 3 stacks so players had more Revs.

Just because players add more of a class to compensate for a nerf doesn’t make said nerf ineffective.

Signet of Inspiration

Zoid.2568

To tank as a mesmer as effectively as possible you need to farm runes of leadership for 3 months and spend much much more gold on commander’s, doubloons etc than other classes. Kind of a joke.

Signet of Inspiration

Zoid.2568

So Anet decides that Revs provide too many stacks of might to groups so they nerf the max number of stacks that a Rev can generate to 6. Groups then take two Revs. Anet needs it again to just 3 stacks so players had more Revs.

Just because players add more of a class to compensate for a nerf doesn’t make said nerf ineffective.

Revtastic.

ArenaNet is nerfing for the worst reaso nand they fail at doing it. Do they love a comp of tempests, chronos, ps warr and druids or what?

Signet of Inspiration

Ayrilana.1396

Revtastic.

ArenaNet is nerfing for the worst reaso nand they fail at doing it. Do they love a comp of tempests, chronos, ps warr and druids or what?

And what is this worst reason that you speak of? How are they failing at it? As I said before, just because players can stack the same class to compensate, doesn’t mean the nerf was ineffective.

Signet of Inspiration

OriOri.8724

The fact that you can still keep perma boons up in WvW and that the change to SoI now allows raid parties to have perma quickness and alacrity (whereas before perma alacrity was not guaranteed, hence why it was always labeled the “unrealistic buffs”) means that the change was ineffective. It didn’t stop people from running around with perma boons, it merely made it more inconvenient to achieve. In the end, mesmer was nerfed to fix a problem that didn’t originate from mesmers in the first place, and so the problem itself wasn’t fixed.

That makes it an ineffective change. The only OP thing about SoI pre nerf was that it was cast on phantasm summon with Illusionary Inspiration. That needed to be nerfed for sure. But other than that, all SoI did was just a fantastic job at highlighting the actual problems of classes farting out boons every other step for no reason. That aspect, the core of the problem, was not truly addressed.

Signet of Inspiration

Ayrilana.1396

The fact that you can still keep perma boons up in WvW and that the change to SoI now allows raid parties to have perma quickness and alacrity (whereas before perma alacrity was not guaranteed, hence why it was always labeled the “unrealistic buffs”) means that the change was ineffective. It didn’t stop people from running around with perma boons, it merely made it more inconvenient to achieve. In the end, mesmer was nerfed to fix a problem that didn’t originate from mesmers in the first place, and so the problem itself wasn’t fixed.

That makes it an ineffective change. The only OP thing about SoI pre nerf was that it was cast on phantasm summon with Illusionary Inspiration. That needed to be nerfed for sure. But other than that, all SoI did was just a fantastic job at highlighting the actual problems of classes farting out boons every other step for no reason. That aspect, the core of the problem, was not truly addressed.

It now requires having more than one Mesmer to produce the same or greater effect.

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

They failed because they weren’t able to predict the obvious response of the players. Therefore, due to their bad judgement, the nerf helped to reduce the diversity in Raid Squad’s composition, instead of adding diversity, which should have been the objective of the balancing measures in the first place.

TLDR: more of the same class = wrong balance measure.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Signet of Inspiration

Ayrilana.1396

They failed because they weren’t able to predict the obvious response of the players. Therefore, due to their bad judgement, the nerf helped to reduce the diversity in Raid Squad’s composition, instead of adding diversity, which should have been the objective of the balancing measures in the first place.

TLDR: more of the same class = wrong balance measure.

That’s your opinion on what the change to SoI should have done. Not all changes revolve around raids and what may or may not impact the meta.

Signet of Inspiration

OriOri.8724

It now requires having more than one Mesmer to produce the same or greater effect.

A single mesmer can still output 100% quickness even after the nerf. And regardless, this doesn’t change the fact that perma boons are still possible, because the base problem wasn’t addressed. The core of the problem behind perma boons is twofold

• All classes have insane access to the most powerful boons in the game, and even more access to the other boons
  • Boon duration is trivial to obtain now due to Revs and the new concentration stat.

Of those, only the Revs passive boon duration was nerfed. On top of that Mesmer was nerfed because why the hell wouldn’t mesmer get nerfed? The nerf to SoI did not solve the problem because it didn’t address the core of it. Classes, including chronomancer, still fart out the most powerful boons all the time without any effort. There was no nerf to concentration, the boon duration cap wasn’t lowered, no food that grants boon duration was nerfed, Leadership runes weren’t nerfed, sigil of concentration wasn’t nerfed. The patch was a deliberate nerf to a unique mesmer skill yet didn’t even accomplish the goal of making perma boons impossible to achieve. Since perma boons are entirely possible in WvW and raids still that makes this change to SoI ineffective

Signet of Inspiration

Ayrilana.1396

A single mesmer can still output 100% quickness even after the nerf. And regardless, this doesn’t change the fact that perma boons are still possible, because the base problem wasn’t addressed. The core of the problem behind perma boons is twofold

• All classes have insane access to the most powerful boons in the game, and even more access to the other boons
  • Boon duration is trivial to obtain now due to Revs and the new concentration stat.

Of those, only the Revs passive boon duration was nerfed. On top of that Mesmer was nerfed because why the hell wouldn’t mesmer get nerfed? The nerf to SoI did not solve the problem because it didn’t address the core of it. Classes, including chronomancer, still fart out the most powerful boons all the time without any effort. There was no nerf to concentration, the boon duration cap wasn’t lowered, no food that grants boon duration was nerfed, Leadership runes weren’t nerfed, sigil of concentration wasn’t nerfed. The patch was a deliberate nerf to a unique mesmer skill yet didn’t even accomplish the goal of making perma boons impossible to achieve. Since perma boons are entirely possible in WvW and raids still that makes this change to SoI ineffective

Thread is about SoI and its usefulness as seen in the OP. If you want to discuss this there’s the following thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raid-Diversity-is-now-Dead/page/8#post6395561

Signet of Inspiration

OriOri.8724

And my post was about SoI as well. Talking about why the nerf to it was unjustified and didn’t achieve the goal of getting rid of perma boons is completely on topic. Don’t try to shove it under the rug and ignore it just because you think that when ANet nerfed SoI they fixed the core problem, which wasn’t even related to SoI

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

The nerf of SoI was ok imo, it was to powerfull before the nerf. The thing that wasn’t ok with this nerf is the fact that it now copies 1 single Stack of Might which is a joke.

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

Ayrilana.1396

Thread is about SoI and its usefulness as seen in the OP.

Well, from what I understand, if you have a thing/device/skill allowing you to do something by using it, and after a change you find that you can do the same thing only if you have another person helping you, then in my opinion that original thing/device/skill is useless. You cannot use it with the same result. We can obtain the same result …. is not interesting. Do you suggest that the mesmers should start a company for doing in a team what every of them was able to do solo before?

OriOri.8724

On top of that Mesmer was nerfed because why the hell wouldn’t mesmer get nerfed?

Although I play a mesmer for almost all the time I spend in GW2, I’m not an expert in the mesmer’s builds/traits/skills. I cannot go very deep into calculating DPS + timers + CD’s + rotations + food + runes + sigils + …. But this is not a worry for me – ANet balancing team too cannot do this thing.

In my opinion – and I will keep this opinion even with the risk to be labeled as paranoid – the SOI change has two reasons:
1. The ANet worker who lost to a Dead Clone mesmer is still working for ANet. And his hate for the mesmers is as heavy as before. It seems that he cannot “gid gud” as another ANet worker shouted to us. Instead, to be sure he can beat a mesmer he is nerfing the opponent. Aloooo !!! Git gud, Mister!
2. ANet considers now that the raids are too easy and too many … casuals are able to complete them. So, they changed a skill helping the PUG’s to raid.

This is only my opinion – is the way I can find a reason for all the …… “changes” the mesmer suffered after HoT.

Conclusion: With HoT I had a powerful sport car. And I paid for it. But the seller changed it several times (for the sake of the traffic regulations) and in this moment I have a lazy snail at my disposal. Without having any compensation from the seller part.

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

SoI was big but reducing quickness stacks from 9 to 5 too was even bigger deal. Using your elite to share quickness now will override longer duration stacks making you share less quickness. What a wonderful balance of skills, bravo.

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

SoI was big but reducing quickness stacks from 9 to 5 too was even bigger deal. Using your elite to share quickness now will override longer duration stacks making you share less quickness. What a wonderful balance of skills, bravo.

Timewarp obviously needs some changes. I would count it as an oversight for now and hope for a fix. Especially as it also overwrites its own stacks.

Signet of Inspiration

OriOri.8724

Ayrilana.1396

Thread is about SoI and its usefulness as seen in the OP.

Well, from what I understand, if you have a thing/device/skill allowing you to do something by using it, and after a change you find that you can do the same thing only if you have another person helping you, then in my opinion that original thing/device/skill is useless. You cannot use it with the same result. We can obtain the same result …. is not interesting. Do you suggest that the mesmers should start a company for doing in a team what every of them was able to do solo before?

OriOri.8724

On top of that Mesmer was nerfed because why the hell wouldn’t mesmer get nerfed?

Although I play a mesmer for almost all the time I spend in GW2, I’m not an expert in the mesmer’s builds/traits/skills. I cannot go very deep into calculating DPS + timers + CD’s + rotations + food + runes + sigils + …. But this is not a worry for me – ANet balancing team too cannot do this thing.

In my opinion – and I will keep this opinion even with the risk to be labeled as paranoid – the SOI change has two reasons:
1. The ANet worker who lost to a Dead Clone mesmer is still working for ANet. And his hate for the mesmers is as heavy as before. It seems that he cannot “gid gud” as another ANet worker shouted to us. Instead, to be sure he can beat a mesmer he is nerfing the opponent. Aloooo !!! Git gud, Mister!
2. ANet considers now that the raids are too easy and too many … casuals are able to complete them. So, they changed a skill helping the PUG’s to raid.

This is only my opinion – is the way I can find a reason for all the …… “changes” the mesmer suffered after HoT.

Conclusion: With HoT I had a powerful sport car. And I paid for it. But the seller changed it several times (for the sake of the traffic regulations) and in this moment I have a lazy snail at my disposal. Without having any compensation from the seller part.

SoI doesn’t impact Mesmers individual fighting ability. Its purely group support. If someone at Anet was nerfing mesmers out of spite there are much better targets among our skills to nerf than SoI.

And to your second point, this change to SoI unintentionally made pugging easier since a lot of groups will take 2 chronos now, which means perma quickness and perma alacrity, which just helps out the tempests even more.

Signet of Inspiration

Posted by: Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

just because it now requires more than 1 of the class doesnt mean the nerf was successful. if they are trying to get rid of an effect (perma boons) in ANY part of the game, and all you have to do is add another one, the nerf was not effective. the only way for the nerf to be successful is if 100 mesmers still doesnt get perma boons. All the did was cripple an individual with no effect on the final results.