Silence from GW2 You Tube Celebrities?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dexlmentia.7391

Dexlmentia.7391

Amid the justifiable roar of outrage over the visual nerfs I hear a deafening sound of silence from GW2 YT celebrities on the topic. Are they on the table drinking kool-aid or maybe left the game for Fallout 4?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Is it really that big of a deal? I really don’t think it affect too much

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Don’t bite the hand…

Dexlmentia.7391

Don’t bite the hand…

Anet seems to be biting their own fingers off, one by one, with each patch.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Affected enough for me to not want to play.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Blessed.2198

Blessed.2198

Is it really that big of a deal? I really don’t think it affect too much

It may not be a big deal to you, but part of why I like this game so much is because the spell effects add to the feeling of the game. I would have no problem if they added a toggle option or slider for spell effects, but forcing this change onto me, as well as others, is affecting my enjoyment of the game.

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I don’t really understand the complaints. I, honestly, think there is yet more work needed on the visual clutter side of things in combat. I’m tired of seeing nothing but skill effects when I need to be able to see enemy attack animations.

Attachments:

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

I don’t really understand the complaints. I, honestly, think there is yet more work needed on the visual clutter side of things in combat. I’m tired of seeing nothing but skill effects when I need to be able to see enemy attack animations.

Except the fact that for a good number of skills, the effects is the attack animation, and thus removing the effects is basically removing the ability to see any attack.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Yeah I also like to know if I’m going to be stunned, chilled or reflected when I attack an enemy..

And you really expect to be able to see much on a giant mob with everything magnified and 100 ppl casting crap on it?

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Llethander.3972

Except the fact that for a good number of skills, the effects is the attack animation, and thus removing the effects is basically removing the ability to see any attack.

In PvE the ability to see other players’ skill effects, ground fields being the exception, is completely unnecessary. I would be happy if we had a graphics option that would allow us to disable non-ground field effects from other players. Let the players choose what they want to, and don’t want to, be able to see.

Yeah I also like to know if I’m going to be stunned, chilled or reflected when I attack an enemy..

And you really expect to be able to see much on a giant mob with everything magnified and 100 ppl casting crap on it?

Magnified? I’m zoomed in slightly because I’m TRYING to see the enemy model and attack animations. I see just as little zoomed out.

And yes, I should be able to see the enemy even with 100 people attacking it. That’s the point of the changes that have been made to the graphical clutter. Unfortunately, not enough has been done. See my above point for my personal opinion on how it should be handled.

Posted by: Yello.3406

Yello.3406

Your screenshot perfectly points out that Anet completely failed in their attempt to adress the problem. It is the impact-animations that also scale up on big enemies that cause the visual clutter.
Instead they nerfed the projectiles and ground effects which do not contribute to the issue. It does however decrease the gameplay experience in a very sad way.

Llethander.3972

Your screenshot perfectly points out that Anet completely failed in their attempt to adress the problem. It is the impact-animations that also scale up on big enemies that cause the visual clutter.
Instead they nerfed the projectiles and ground effects which do not contribute to the issue. It does however decrease the gameplay experience in a very sad way.

I completely agree.

I posted in an Elementalist fireball complaint thread right after the first round of changes saying exactly that; it’s not the effect as it flies through the air that’s the problem, it’s the massive explosion effect that occurs when it hits enemies that scales in size with the overall size of the target that is. Ranger horn birds are a prime example of the underlying problem.

(edited by Llethander.3972)

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

In PvE the ability to see other players’ skill effects, ground fields being the exception, is completely unnecessary. I would be happy if we had a graphics option that would allow us to disable non-ground field effects from other players. Let the players choose what they want to, and don’t want to, be able to see.

Magnified? I’m zoomed in slightly because I’m TRYING to see the enemy model and attack animations. I see just as little zoomed out.

And yes, I should be able to see the enemy even with 100 people attacking it. That’s the point of the changes that have been made to the graphical clutter. Unfortunately, not enough has been done. See my above point for my personal opinion on how it should be handled.

Well like someone already mentioned the spell effects are magnified in size comparable to the enemy…

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

This community is weird. Since launch of the game, all i’ve heard is complaints about too many spell effects and begging Anet to reduce them. Now that they actually listened to the community and are trying to reduce them, all i hear is complaints for doing so. Seriously people, how can Anet possibly please you?

I do agree however, that slider would have been better received and I’m sure would have pleased everyone? Maybe there are tech limitations in making a slider, i don’t know but it may have calmed everyone down if Anet at least explained it to us one way or the other.

Llethander.3972

Well like someone already mentioned the spell effects are magnified in size comparable to the enemy…

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant. My bad.

Dexlmentia.7391

This community is weird. Since launch of the game, all i’ve heard is complaints about too many spell effects and begging Anet to reduce them. Now that they actually listened to the community and are trying to reduce them, all i hear is complaints for doing so. Seriously people, how can Anet possibly please you?

I do agree however, that slider would have been better received and I’m sure would have pleased everyone? Maybe there are tech limitations in making a slider, i don’t know but it may have calmed everyone down if Anet at least explained it to us one way or the other.

I don’t agree the occasional post about excessive spell effects over the last three years qualifies as begging and certainly not the uproar we’re currently witnessing. I do agree Anet could lower the temperature a bit by communicating, then again, communication with the player base has never been Anet’s strong suit.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

I completely agree.

I posted in an Elementalist fireball complaint thread right after the first round of changes saying exactly that; it’s not the effect as it flies through the air that’s the problem, it’s the massive explosion effect that occurs when it hits enemies that scales in size with the overall size of the target that is. Ranger horn birds are a prime example of the underlying problem.

Yes, the primary issue is the scaling of ability impacts. Fireballs and especially auras have almost no contribution to the visual clutter. All that these changes accomplished was to make people angry, which could have easily been avoided if they were on an optional slider.

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

Because they’ve been nerfing spell effects that haven’t been problematic and haven’t nerfed spell effects that are. It’s like I go to the doctor with a broken arm and he puts my leg in a cast. I’d be pleased by Anet leaving alone things that are fine and fixing things that aren’t.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

+1

Not saying visual clutter isn’t an issue, but they did not target the skills actually responsible. How many Fireballs and Auras can you see obscuring the mob in that picture?

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: Falanu.4289

Falanu.4289

In my opinion, it would be helpful if we saw the name of the skill the NPC uses at the given moment, like we did in GW1. I never understood why this wasn’t the case, until I realized that most people spoke of “staff 5” instead of Chaos Storm.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

The Solution that should ve been

Making a Toggle or particle effects slider = Everyone Happy

Everyone agrees that the effects cluster gets anoying in many cases , the problem is its not at ALL times