Silent changes?

Silent changes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VAPE.8906

VAPE.8906

I believe there was a bit more than just scheduled maintenance, like a certain spot in Malchor’s Leap being VERY different to what it was before…

Could we get a list of the changes please?

Silent changes?

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

which one? must see!

Silent changes?

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Care to share the changed spot please?

Silent changes?

Posted by: VAPE.8906

VAPE.8906

West of Pagga’s Point… elementals missing, statue has deboon, gathering spots changed locations to name a few.

Silent changes?

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

If things have been changed enough that they’re easily noticed, it’d probably be a really good idea for them to let people know. But communication regarding patches has been a problem for quite a while.

Silent changes?

Halanna.3927

West of Pagga’s Point… elementals missing, statue has deboon, gathering spots changed locations to name a few.

Thanks for that!

I’ve just been to my “usual” gathering spots and most of the nodes are moved or missing.

Silent changes?

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Inb4 tinfoil hat conspiracy on stealth nerfs.

But yeah a list of changes would be nice

Silent changes?

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

Elementals presence are based on whether or not the temple of that god is taken.

Gathering nodes change every time the server resets.

Statues kick in their debuffs if their respective temple isn’t controlled.

All these things change after a server side patch. It’s not a ‘stealth’ fix, this is how it’s been since the game launched. Tighten up those tinfoil hats. :P

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Silent changes?

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Elementals presence are based on whether or not the temple of that god is taken.

Gathering nodes change every time the server resets.

Statues kick in their debuffs if their respective temple isn’t controlled.

All these things change after a server side patch. It’s not a ‘stealth’ fix, this is how it’s been since the game launched. Tighten up those tinfoil hats. :P

HE MUST BE AN GW2 EMPLOYEE!

Are you trying to cover up the whole operation now?! When we’re on your tracks?! Pfft! NWO!

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

Silent changes?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

@OP

The earth elementals at Rayhan Bayt only appear when the temple of Melandru in the Cursed Shore is not contested. Also, harvest nodes always change locations after server updates or maintence…

I thought both of the above were common knowledge ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Silent changes?

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I like the idea of stealth changes to the world. This has nothing to do with changes to mechanics, which should always be fully disclosed. But changes to the world itself, whether it’s geography, mob behaviour or events, are something I like stumbling into rather than have a tour map showing me where to find the new sites.

Prior to release, it’s something they said they would do, and it’s something I hope they follow through with.

Silent changes?

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I like the idea of stealth changes to the world. This has nothing to do with changes to mechanics, which should always be fully disclosed. But changes to the world itself, whether it’s geography, mob behaviour or events, are something I like stumbling into rather than have a tour map showing me where to find the new sites.

Prior to release, it’s something they said they would do, and it’s something I hope they follow through with.

That sounds like a nightmare to me. I would probably stop playing if they kept changing mob behavior, how are we supposed to fight if we can never know what’s going to happen? A bunch of game mechanics (AOE, dodge, etc) depend on timing and knowing what the animations mean.

That said, I know they’ve changed geography in Caledon Forest at least once before. Minor changes are OK, so long as they don’t cut off routes.

Silent changes?

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

If things have been changed enough that they’re easily noticed, it’d probably be a really good idea for them to let people know. But communication regarding patches has been a problem for quite a while.

Well if this has any thing to do with the live story this may be Working as Intended

Silent changes?

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

That sounds like a nightmare to me. I would probably stop playing if they kept changing mob behavior, how are we supposed to fight if we can never know what’s going to happen? A bunch of game mechanics (AOE, dodge, etc) depend on timing and knowing what the animations mean.

That said, I know they’ve changed geography in Caledon Forest at least once before. Minor changes are OK, so long as they don’t cut off routes.

shoot from the hip. thats how i play most of my incounter’s all the info i need is on screen at that time.

Silent changes?

Posted by: Genewen.2415

Genewen.2415

By adapting to situation ad hoc? You know, humans can do that. One the changes I most liked in GW:Beyond were the random mobs introduced with War in Kryta. The composition of the groups was always different and each enemy type had several builds of which one was chosen at random. Way more interesting than all the encounters before (and now in GW2) which would for the most part be completely feasible to beat with only running a macro.

Silent changes?

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Lol. Isnt that what makes alot of games interesting and fun?

If a game came out and everyone already knew everything about it (down to node location and mobs skillsets) wouldnt be really kittening boring??

Anet said before release that it was something they would try and do, in order to keep things abit fresher than most MMOs.
Aslong as they dont stealth change mechanics (like drop rates or adding skills to mobs that didnt exist before) i do not see any problem with this.

All im hearing from this thread is ‘WAH WAH, now i have to play the game again in order to find nodes’.

Jesus christ what has happened to gamers.

Silent changes?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Again Vape, these are normal occurences when server resets happen. I assume you’re new to the area.

Certain elementals only show up when a temple is uncontested. Debuffs also disappear. And nodes reset with server reset.
Nothing new here. Enough with the conspiracy theories

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Silent changes?

Halanna.3927

Well, I know this much. In my continued frustration to get POI’s, vistas and WP’s in Malachors Leap and Cursed Shore I’ve gotten 1 exotic, 1 rare and 4 greens drop from random mobs.

I know RNG is RNG, but I’ve been in these locations for over a week trying to figure them out, and in all that time never got an exotic, never got a rare and got maybe 1 green.

(edited by Moderator)

Silent changes?

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

<snip>

All im hearing from this thread is ‘WAH WAH, now i have to play the game again in order to find nodes’.

Jesus christ what has happened to gamers.

Consoles.

<runs quickly for the door>