Silver Doubloons?

Silver Doubloons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goose.9420

Goose.9420

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong place… wasn’t sure if legendary discussion would be better suited to the crafting sub-forum.

I know I’m not the first to bring this up, but getting the silver doubloons needed for the Vial of Quicksilver is pretty ridiculous. The market’s being strangled (with prices sometimes going as high as 88s-1g), they’re practically un-farmable, and can’t be crafted/transmogged with JC like gold doubloons. Why can’t we upgrade copper doubloons to silver, craft them with some other recipe, or have them drop as frequently as cores or Lodestones from specific mobs or locations?

Stunning As Funk – E Pluribus Funk
E Funkibus Plur – Funkamentalist – Funkmer
[Void] Ehmry Bay

Silver Doubloons?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

There is a way to “farm them”.

Level up to 30.
Farm jump puzzles daily.
Get Silver Doubloons.

This is a tried and tested method. My SO just farmed 250 doing this. As the jump puzzles are character bound, you could do a few to level 30. The range is level 30-35. If you are higher then 35, you most likely will stop getting them.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Silver Doubloons?

Goose.9420

How often did your SO see a Doubloon drop from the JPs? I’ve got 5 80’s, and an early 20’s toon, even if he found a Doubloon in each JP chest he visited it would take 250 puzzles to get the needed amount :\

[Void] Ehmry Bay

Silver Doubloons?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

How often did your SO see a Doubloon drop from the JPs? I’ve got 5 80’s, and an early 20’s toon, even if he found a Doubloon in each JP chest he visited it would take 250 puzzles to get the needed amount :\

The 80s won’t be a help, that’s the problem. They’re far less likely to get a silver. You want to use 30s. Some jumping puzzles only take a couple of minutes to do, so those are the ones you focus on. Do it every day and it may take you a few months but you can definitely farm them. The question is…is it worth a few minutes a day and using a character slot for that?

Silver Doubloons?

Goose.9420

The 80’s won’t help, that is the problem. I’ve never received a silver from them from any JP chest, so I made the alt (and bought the char slot for it). The question is why does farming the requisite amount of doubloons (or gold needed to buy) take so much longer than farming the lodestones required for most of the other legendaries? At market prices late this afternoon I could have crafted the vast majority of the gift of darkness with just the gold needed for the doubloons.

“Farming” them is painfully inefficient, and as a result their supply is low to the point that one person can manipulate the market. I’m not asking for then to be dirt cheap (as they once were), just for them to be gained reliably with methods more in line with playing a game like this normally. Parking an alt or three at JP chests isn’t fun, and isn’t the kind of thing I think Anet should promote.

[Void] Ehmry Bay

Silver Doubloons?

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

They also drop from pirate like enemies just a heads up cause i gotten a lot from those guys. They can be farmed.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Silver Doubloons?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

The Doubloon u get is related to your char lvl apparently, at least to a large degree.
With lvl50-60 chars i now only see a Platinum Doubloon (sometimes).
Last time i recall getting Silver Doubloons was when my chars were lvl20-30

But yes, this makes getting them/farming them difficult.

Silver Doubloons?

Posted by: InFluEnZa.6908

InFluEnZa.6908

Throw 4 different pebbles into the mystic forge. I get about… 10-20 silver doubloons per 250 trials (1000 pebbles).

It’s also an “okay” money making method, aside from all the clicking of course haha.

[DnT]Adi

Silver Doubloons?

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

The ROI is better with 4 nuggets in the forge.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)